[07x06] December 27th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. In the final programme of the current series is Jeremy faster driving in real life or on a computer game? What will break first at sub zero temperatures, - a car or Richard Hammond? And this week's 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' is Little Britain's David Walliams.

NOTE

Last in series, and airs on the 27th of December

Re: [07x06] December 27th, 2005

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
is Jeremy faster driving in real life or on a computer game?

:thumbsup: My bet is that he isn't

Re: [07x06] December 27th, 2005

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. In the final programme of the current series is Jeremy faster driving in real life or on a computer game? What will break first at sub zero temperatures, - a car or Richard Hammond? And this week's 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' is Little Britain's David Walliams.

NOTE

Last in series, and airs on the 27th of December
Since its the last episode in the series, you can expect to see the annual TopGear awards thingy that they do. Its usually a laugh!

Anyone who plays games like GT4 would know that your usually substancially faster on the console rather than real life.

In fact its interesting that he's using the Honda NSX cos he himself suggested that an NSX in GT4 has more BHP than a real life NSX, when he did an opinion article on the GT4 phenomenon during that period of time when he couldn't drive cos of his back in August.
Jeremy Clarkson said:
Well, that?s complete and utter madness, because as a result my nine-year-old is growing up wanting a Honda NSX.

He?s worked out that if you want to win races this is by far the best car to use. If I didn?t know better, and there were no laws of libel, I?d suggest that maybe Honda had indeed bunged Sony a few quid to give a few more digital horsepower.
As a gamer, i'm really looking forward to this episode!! I wonder if he uses the Logitech DFP steering wheel...

Oh and its the last of the series :cry: The loong wait til May will begin after this....

And the Very-wrong.

Damn, I cant wait to see the NSX on my home track... but I will shed a tear when the credits roll.

:) :(

andyhui01 said:
SL65 said:
Since its the last episode in the series, you can expect to see the annual TopGear awards thingy that they do. It usually a laugh!

what would that be?
What would what be?

btw, I added the 's in it's in my original post if thats what your on about..

WTF, and they had it in the preview too! :(

they did it last series i think too.. hmm i remember seeing the m6 and m5 in the magazine with the teaser of the season.. but they never showed up :/

What car will he use for the PS2 GT4 challenge?

Well the RX-8 has 280 bhp in the GT4 and I am happy to have 220 on mine. :mrgreen:

Why he said Honda is not cool and owned by old people... hang on that is James May :oops:

strange - it's on a tuesday. although xmas is on a sunday...

also there's talk of the top gear awards showing on the 18th of december and by my crude calculations that means that next sunday - 11th, there will not be a show - OR there will be a show and the awards wil be a separate entity...

Jimi Hendrix said:
What about the Skyline, and the Spitfire and the armoured car and...?
yea, why do they show these in the previews if they arent gonna bother showing them at all?

Yeah! When will we see hamster getting shot at! I really liked the clip showing the Heckler and Koch MP5 lining up a shot...
And we haven't seen Stiggy drinving that small car (believe it's a Spitfire) vs. that ugly Skyline...

By the way, my first post on this site! Been visiting this site for ages (love the "what's that song" thread! Good job guys) Thought it was time to finally register!
:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that the car that the Stig was driving in the preview was a Austin-Healey Sprite, not a Spitfire...

Hmm... I remember a few weeks back of some guy requesting a video of

the "NSX-R driven by Motoharu Kurosawa (Gan-san) on Nurburgring in 7:56."

That is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.