[07x06] December 27th, 2005

MarcoM said:
That 306 deserved to loose just by the way it looks... I don't understand why people "tune-up" cars if, in the end, the car looks hidious :lol: In Portugal, tunning old cars seems to be a disease... :thumbsdown: shitty old cancerous cars with big wings... :lol:

If its a disease there, its full blown epidemic here. :(

Maybe in your neck of the woods, around here JDM is the new rice, which I'm not exactly complaining about because JDM style is much much cleaner.

Jeremy found that the BMW 130i was too expensive compared to the R32. But here in Holland the R32 is 46.195 euro's and the 130i 42.100 euro's...... then the choice is easily made.:burnrubber:

^Hehe, think again.
Even though i love BMW i have to say they screw people over on their extras list. Try adding all the equipment the 130i lags compared to the R32 and then compare the price again...

MMJA said:
H
Just to clear up any confusion about the "girl standing behind Clarkson" I am assuming you are talking about the one not directly behind Clarkson, but the one standing in the 2nd row beside the blonde. I'm pretty sure thats the one you guys are on about but for people that are not sure :p

Goddamn she is ugly :thumbsdown:

and i noticed 3 bmw people just posted in a row... woohoo! :mrgreen:

zenkidori said:
Maybe in your neck of the woods, around here JDM is the new rice, which I'm not exactly complaining about because JDM style is much much cleaner.

I live in the Midwest, and as such are the last to catch up. :(

spamman said:
It was a good episode overall, but Clarkson and Hammond going on about the animals for ages and then the awards show was frankly tedious.

I did like the filmed segments though and Jimmy Carr out of nowhere was baffling.

i wonder if jimmy just hangs about there :p

oh my god ! that race betwhhen the 306 and the Austin was just Stupid !
If you chose a Tuned car chose one wich is tuned to drive better not one that is only made for the show.
If that 306 hasent the 1 Million subs and that stupid Air Ride suspension it will destroy the Austin.

Well that was the point, obviously if you took say that R34 they showed spitting fire and doing burnouts to compete against the Frogeye Sprite, it would have destroyed the competition. They were trying to find out whether more power with more weight would win over less power with less weight.

Something interesting:
Clarkson-Honda NSX (280 bhp): 1:57
Gan San-Mazda RX8 (231 bhp): 1:50.7

humbo said:
Well that was the point, obviously if you took say that R34 they showed spitting fire and doing burnouts to compete against the Frogeye Sprite, it would have destroyed the competition. They were trying to find out whether more power with more weight would win over less power with less weight.

But that 306 had no power for the engine it has, 200bhp from a 3L v6??? you can get 200bhp from a 2L in line 4cyl now days (K20A, F20C). That car is basically the pinnacle of rice. I mean here in New Zealand the top show cars here may have subs and custom interiors and wild bodykits but at least they have an engine with at least 450bhp. It looks like all that guy did was add a aftermarket pod filter. All in all I don't think that test was quite fair.

I like the way how TopGear has presented with this race the subtle information about how stupid the idea of such show-cars really is. From my point of view.

Greetings, lip, yes, the one with the bad english writing. Sorry. ;)

M3lover said:
Something interesting:
Clarkson-Honda NSX (280 bhp): 1:57
Gan San-Mazda RX8 (231 bhp): 1:50.7
Hehe. Maybe the extra weight of Clarkson had something to do with it.
Or maybe it's just that Gan San is a old racing driver...

Gan san is the man. Watch how gentle he is with steering, but ferocious with the pedals and shifting.

Z0RR0 said:
Just watched it. Quite fun.
VERY happy the Sprite pwned that 306. Drop a V6 in, and can't be bothered to spice it up a bit? Come on!
MX5 bit was interesting.
The Star was boring as hell ... no clue why the dude was there. Weird, because I usually enjoy that bit.
I liked the awards ... the golden cock and Hammond eating the card ... lmao!
And driving in real life is harder than on a Playstation ... well, no shit!

Enjoyed it very much. :)

actully m8 dats my brothers car dat 306.

but can u gimmie da link 4 dat episode i jus cme outta prison and missied dat series.thanks.