[07x08] May 9th, 2005

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
The first few minutes of this week's episode was missing. Vuk will capture the reairing of it on Friday and then I will release a new torrent which will replace the currently released one.

Also new this week is a little short intro thing that Vuk made. :)

Not sure if i should wait...

Just toobad that the show only lasts 30 minuts.. maximum

But i dont have patience and a way to big love for cars so i'll go for it anyway :)

my speeds suck, only around 20kB/s. Should I limit my upload to 10kB/s or should I have it set on unlimited.

starting download right now, will share at 150k most of the night :thumbsup: thanks for another release

VIPER...RENESIS...VUK thanks for the episodes again!!! im sooo glad that the old top gear episodes were released!!! just reminds me how much i miss the ol stig!!! i just dunno why he quit... this guy from spyker told me when there was an LA auto show that the ol one was way too much better than the new one- i hope vuk has one of those episodes where they featured a spyker!!! thanks again to all you guys!!! i'll start uploading- i have enough bandwith to help with the convenience

For bellows.

Leaving your upload as unlimited vs. throttling probably depends on the combination of your bit torrent client, system, network connection, and the network between you and the others in the swarm. Best advice I can give is to test out different settings and find what works for you.

I used to keep my upload capped at a really small level (~6kB/s). From what I understand about the BT protocol, if you up to other peers they are more likely to send stuff to you. So I tried increasing my cap and I found that it increased my average download rate until I hit 65-70 kB/s Up. Once I hit that point my DL started dropping and web browsing slowed to a crawl (suggesting that either my system was slowing down dealing with uploads or my net connection was hitting it's max -- more likely the latter). So I set my cap at 60 and it's been getting good DL speeds ever since.

Missing beginning or not, its still great to be able to watch the show.

Thanks all for the hard work to bring us the shows :D

Left it downloading on my work machine, will be seeding at 150KB/s once its done :D

Just finished watching and saw the bit on an SUV T-boning a car. :shock: I knew it was bad, but damn. I'm gonna be a lot more careful crossing roads now.

I didn't really enjoy this episode

That booring Bentley guy goes on and on and on for about 9 minutes on something i knew was probably going to happen :thumbsdown: While the vicki and plato and tiff get roughly 4 minutes each for thier interesting parts :thumbsdown:

Raven18940 said:
Just finished watching and saw the bit on an SUV T-boning a car. :shock: I knew it was bad, but damn. I'm gonna be a lot more careful crossing roads now.

How ironic how the car being tboned was a civic, and the car they are giving away is a civic-R. I dont find the bentley guy boring at all, i like his informative crash sessions.

Does anyone think a full FIA roll-cage would help smaller cars ? If memroy serves, the TVR Sagaris actually scored better with it's integrated roll-cage then many other cars for passenger safety.

Hmm, I have been t-boned at low speed, the vehicle basically turning into my on-ramp lane in traffic. The minivan was more like a stationary iceberg and I had either it or the concerte railing to ride. The drivers side door beam came right in and then popped back out. I was doing 50 kph. The door opened and closed pretty good. This was my then brand-new Silver Turbo Beetle.

Hmm ... I'm going to try and find data on roll-cage equipped cars in side impact. If the survival rate is good, I think I'm fitting one to my Subaru eventually.

prtergun said:
If the survival rate is good, I think I'm fitting one to my Subaru eventually.

my cousins Subaru Impreza RA had a rollcage and it was fun for about 2 days before my cousin got pissed off with it he had it removed cuz it got in the way of alot of stuff... don't bother with installing one if you arn't going track racing or something...

did VBH have to say VROOM-VROOM come on its a le mans proven muslecar for fuck sake some time the british worry me :roll:

andyhui01 said:
prtergun said:
If the survival rate is good, I think I'm fitting one to my Subaru eventually.

my cousins Subaru Impreza RA had a rollcage and it was fun for about 2 days before my cousin got pissed off with it he had it removed cuz it got in the way of alot of stuff... don't bother with installing one if you arn't going track racing or something...

its in your way when entre or exit the car, which is not very pratical for a everyday car. but on the track, yes. plus it looks cool.

Well definitely not the best episode of the season but still a few good bits to it. I found the crash segment interesting (but Bentley doesn't bother me like he does for some others). Incredible difference an inch or two can make in a head on crash.

This episode is horrible. They got the Grand Cherokee segment all wrong. Almost every statement he made was not only incorrect, but he showed a complete lack of knowledge for the model and brand.

I've always thought FG was a little lower in quality than TG, this has just gone to confirm my beliefs even more.

Shiiiit that crash is SCARY :shock: :shock: !!!!!!!!!!

Finally Jon Bentley has made an interesting feature in the program, but I'd wish he'd wanna see someone who could make him speak normally...

Overall a good episode, but I could do without the shootout which was absolutely pointless this time.