[08x00] February 12th, 2006 [Winter Olympics]

it actually is Craig Armstrong - Unseen
track 2 on CD:
Craig Armstrong - 1999 Plunkett & Macleane

That's the cd I bought but none of it sounds the same. Is there a particular recording I need to get?

I've just discovered something - the music I was referring to is on the dvd of Top Gear Winter Olympics. Not all of the music is the same as on the t.v. episode. I'm looking for the music played on the dvd version - does anyone know what that music is?

I've just discovered something - the music I was referring to is on the dvd of Top Gear Winter Olympics. Not all of the music is the same as on the t.v. episode. I'm looking for the music played on the dvd version - does anyone know what that music is?

Did you ever figure out what the song is called? I'm also looking for it. :(

No, I haven't found it yet. I've no idea where to even start looking, either. :(

No, I haven't found it yet. I've no idea where to even start looking, either. :(
The reason I can't help you is becuase no one has ripped the Winter Olympics dvd. Even if I bought a copy it would have the wrong region code. So please provide a sound clip or even better a rip of the dvd.

I can't rip that section at the moment because my computer has problems (re. it's a bit knackered), and I can't play dvd's at all on it. Unless there's a way to rip that bit from the dvd on a player, then I can't supply a clip.

I'll be getting a new computer sorted out at the end of the month, so if you could please tell me how to rip a clip from the dvd, I'll be able to try shortly. :)

The reason I can't help you is becuase no one has ripped the Winter Olympics dvd. Even if I bought a copy it would have the wrong region code.
You can remove region rules using a program called DVD Decrypter.

Okay, I finally have an mp3 of the music ready (sorry it's taken so long). Please can you tell me where to upload it, so that I can link to it?

ADDED:
13:22 - 13:48 - Abigail Mead - Time Suspended
16:55 - 17:26 - Hans Zimmer - Heart of a Volunteer
20:37 - 20:57 - Slowdive - Golden Hair
23:46 - 24:04 - Slowdive - Albatross
22:03 - 22:11 - Spooky - Lowest Common Denominator
32:02 - 32:22 - Abigail Mead - Attack
32:22 - 32:26 - Abigail Mead - Time Suspended
57:30 - 57:44 - Mogwai - Like Herod (Alec Empire?s Face the Future Remix)
18:00 - 18:12 - Paul Golding - Cardiac Arrest
18:28 - 18:42 - James Young - Oil Crisis
55:20 - 55:45 - Ian Anderson - Haunted Castle
57:43 - 58:02 - Cy Samuels/Will Palmer - Exhumed

Please post if you can ID any of the remaining tracks...any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Speaking of the DVD version. Can anyone tell me what the song is at the start of "The Stig" extra is (it's the Stig walking towards the camera in a dark corridor - part of his "training regime" segment on the DVD)

Y'know I think the DVD's should have their own thread concerning music.

Thanks

Hi, im looking for the Craig Conner - Manhunt Them (Bug Remix) song, the one when Hammond is building the 'great wall of lillehammer' lol, i usually buy all my music unless there is just one song on an entire album that i like, and this is one of them. I know its illegal and all to download music but if they wanted more people to buy it they should have made more copies of the album instead of just 1000 lol, so if anyone can help me out here it would be a great help, thanks very much, Dan

Looking for the song at 10:21 and NO it's not actually Arcade Fire if anyone knows could they send me a DL link or something?