[08x00] February 12th, 2006 [Winter Olympics]

Madcap said:
Christopher Bangle. said:
Whoa Asad. From your screen name I assume your asian. You must know Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn. Have you got any idea wht the song played at 25:52 - 26:10 -. It sonds like him right after Jeremy says "Im alrming me out of control."

It is a remix of the song "Sweet Pain"

Joi - Sweet Pain (remix)

Is the tune you're looking for. :D

very good tune, does have a bit of nusrat in it!

Caught a few that haven't been identified yet --

45:57 - 46:34 - Craig Armstrong - Business: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3
47:03 - 47:40 - Amon Tobin - Hokkaido
55:50 - 56:23 - Amon Tobin - Hokkaido

Re: 47:52-48:01

Re: 47:52-48:01

jg673 said:
47:52-48:01

Does anyone know what this song is? I think I remember hearing it before on Top Gear but I can't remember which episode. It is right after Jeremy announces "The Top Gear Winter Olympics Ski Slash Car Jumping Champio"

Thanks!

Yeah I'm gagging to know that one too. It's been used several times I think but I still don't know the name.

First off,
Saad thank you a MILLION for the Solaris track ID!! You solved my personal #1 most bothersome track id of all time! When I heard those bells on the episode I knew they sounded familiar, and sure enough it was the same bells from the track id that I was trying to find from ep 6x03. So I get the Solaris soundtrack, and YES its on there! Its a different song than the one they used here on ep 8x00, but the soundtrack had the one I am looking for. THANKS!

Secondly,
Here is my one track id for this ep:
09:00 - 10:18 : Plunkett & MacLeane OST - Unseen - (by Craig Armstrong)

Finally,
Anyone know:
20:32 - 21:25 : ???

Cliff Martinez - First Sleep
Craig Armstrong - Unseen

Huston I confirm these two. 8)

he hey TG used a Paki voice, hey Christopher Bangle if u need the original song by Nusrat I,ve got it, i mean not the JOI version.

its called Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Nee Saiyon Assan, well at least PK

40:02 - 40:14 - John Barry - "Over and Out"

from the "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" soundtrack, one of the very best James Bond soundtracks

Another nice track is 14:54 - 15:23
It was used in the BMW 6 vs 911 Carrera vs XKR test on Pendine Sands.

Anyone recognize it?

And this track 20:32 - 21:25 is worthed searching.

This 33:52 - 34:59 - Juno Reactor - Mona Lisa Overdrive is all wrong, it's Rob Dougan - Speed Me Towards Death

I recognized 54:55-55:09 straight away. Its from the original Italian Job movie, and I'm glad they played it cause the mini. I believe the bit they play is : Meanwhile, Back In The Mafia - Quincy Jones (The Italian Job [1969] OST )

I just found this board and I think its great!

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
Another nice track is 14:54 - 15:23
It was used in the BMW 6 vs 911 Carrera vs XKR test on Pendine Sands.

Anyone recognize it?

I believe the song is from the movie Shopping. For the past 5 years I have searched everywhere for it, and yet no luck.

And anyone find anything on Unkle - In a State? Its very God Moving Over The Face of Waters-ish, and I MUST have it.

Song not in list

Song not in list

Does anyone know what this music is? It's not on the list:
00:59-01:16

Clip HERE.

I've definitely heard it before, albeit just with the piano and without the aggressive synth sounds. (Unless it's two songs merged together?)

Hi Totters...I think its by Craig Armstrong off his Piano Works album. Not sure of the track, but i will have a look later for you. :thumbsup:

Hey, JAT.

Would really appreciate it if you could check - there's quite a few of his works that I quite like having heard them on Top Gear so I'm thinking about buying some of his CDs.

On the subject of Craig Armstrong, I was wondering what the song was that was played in episode 07x02 when they are doing the Audi RS4 vs Rock Climbers race - the music used throughout is, according to the forum, "Rise" by Creaig Armstrong. I questioned this, but was assured it was correct. But having listened through to a version of it that I saw on 'Classic FM TV', I'm still not convinced. If you're able to clarify this, too, I'd be really grateful.

:thumbsup:

Totters said:
Hey, JAT.

Would really appreciate it if you could check - there's quite a few of his works that I quite like having heard them on Top Gear so I'm thinking about buying some of his CDs.

Hey Totters, the original track you were after is by Craig Armstrong off his Piano works album....Its called "Satine's Theme" Its quite a short one at just 33 secs..but worth it all the same! I can recommend buying his albums they are always quality.

I will do a bit of searching in regards to your other question. :thumbsup:

What is the song played between 28:07-28:20??? In the scene when the suzuki switft was introduced?

Hi all,

When the host introduces the Suzuki Swift, he also shows a 10 second clip of when they filmed the Toyota Aygo playing football from a previous episode of Top Gear.

I really like the song when they show this Aygo football flashback but unfortunately, this song is not on the list. I think it's located during 39:43 - 40:02. Does anybody know what that song could be from?

Thanks!