[08x01] May 7th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
to quote mr koenigsegg himself (and translate)
"the Veyron may be faster i admit, but the CCR will still blitz it on the track"
now the CCX is a further refined CCR (engine, suspension, tranny aerodynamic mods)
so i guess a new lap time record (the CCR did match the CGT on the ring, and the CGT was almost from stock sett ut p? do lap times on the ring.. the CCR had only been there once before :p)

The wait is going to kill me. :?

BerserkerCatSplat said:
The wait is going to kill me. :?

I know eh?

At least I have series 2 of QI, and the upcoming new pearl jam to keep my excitement at bay :roll:

Richard Hammond races a jet powered canoe

I was surfing on the net to found some pics of a jet powered canoe and it's in fact a kayak (small difference still ) .
all is explained here (it's a french forum but with pics and an english translation)

http://www.eauxvives.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12956

the guy wrote
Hi Everyone,

My apologies for not having been in contact recently. The Jet Kayak project has been moving at such a pace that I have only managed to be in the UK for about three weeks since December and thus my updates have been a bit lacking.

I flew back from New Zealand last week after a 3 week shoot out there racing Jet Boats in the home of the original hydro-jet engine - those guys just couldn't believe the current incarnation... The world's 1st jet-powered kayak!! It proved an excellent testing ground for the Jet Kayak on rivers with fantastic winding narrow canyons, excellent rapids and no speed limits! I have attached some pictures from the Waimakariri River near Christchurch on the South Island. It was like kayaking in fast-forward and opened up a whole new sport of "1st ascents" of whitewater rivers - like nothing anyone had ever seen before.

As I write this email, the Jet Kayak is on its way to Reykjavik in Iceland where I will meet it tomorrow to film a section of the BBC's Top Gear TV show over the next week. This is the world's most popular motoring show - being aired in 40 different countries and to around
1/4 billion viewers I am told. After this I have 2 episodes of the Jack Osbourne Show to record (one back in NZ) and a new Guinness World Record to set in central London in June and then I'm hoping I can rest (for a while)...

Anyway, I hope you like the pics, and thank you for all your support.

Shaun.

ICELAND once again!
It could be tough for Hammster , he'll have to choose his car with attention.
:thumbsup:

EDIT: the official website with vids from the guy who created the jet kayak
http://www.orcamedia.co.uk/orca/jetkayak/

Buba said:
haz said:
I think its time to change your avatar ;)

If you would look a bit closer, I have changed it recently, and it already is the CCX...

@Kebab gud: Where did you read that they brought a CCX to the UK? For testing purposes? Or for a customer? The last thing I heard from them was the SportAuto Supertest (a mag that takes cars to the Ring and another track to really put it trough some serious stuff... http://www.koenigsegg.com/news/articles.asp?news=131&type=news)

ah, I see :D

haz

triumph said:
Richard Hammond races a jet powered canoe

I was surfing on the net to found some pics of a jet powered canoe and it's in fact a kayak (small difference still ) .
all is explained here (it's a french forum but with pics and an english translation)

http://www.eauxvives.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12956

the guy wrote
Hi Everyone,

My apologies for not having been in contact recently. The Jet Kayak project has been moving at such a pace that I have only managed to be in the UK for about three weeks since December and thus my updates have been a bit lacking.

I flew back from New Zealand last week after a 3 week shoot out there racing Jet Boats in the home of the original hydro-jet engine - those guys just couldn't believe the current incarnation... The world's 1st jet-powered kayak!! It proved an excellent testing ground for the Jet Kayak on rivers with fantastic winding narrow canyons, excellent rapids and no speed limits! I have attached some pictures from the Waimakariri River near Christchurch on the South Island. It was like kayaking in fast-forward and opened up a whole new sport of "1st ascents" of whitewater rivers - like nothing anyone had ever seen before.

As I write this email, the Jet Kayak is on its way to Reykjavik in Iceland where I will meet it tomorrow to film a section of the BBC's Top Gear TV show over the next week. This is the world's most popular motoring show - being aired in 40 different countries and to around
1/4 billion viewers I am told. After this I have 2 episodes of the Jack Osbourne Show to record (one back in NZ) and a new Guinness World Record to set in central London in June and then I'm hoping I can rest (for a while)...

Anyway, I hope you like the pics, and thank you for all your support.

Shaun.

ICELAND once again!
It could be tough for Hammster , I'll have to choose his car with attention.
:thumbsup:

EDIT: the official website with vids from the guy who created the jet kayak
http://www.orcamedia.co.uk/orca/jetkayak/

here is a pic of it in action http://img483.imageshack.**/my.php?image=topgearsland2apr7em.jpg

^ That's just insane (and my kind of insane) - watch the short vid in the media gallery

:shock:

:jc: :james: :richard: aren't we missing one now?

And the CCX :roll: will be in the first episode of this seasone?(crossed finger :thumbsup:)

^STi Nut, I just noticed that you've misspelt your home town, hehehe. (It has now been corrected.)

Oh, and WOO HOO!!!!!!! The CCX, hotness! Can't wait for TG to return to my computer screen!!!!!

I can't f'ing wait! :D

Like everybody, I'm too looking forward to the CCX! I reckon the CCX will be SO close to the Pagani Zonda F round the track that it's gonna be 0.1 of a sec faster or slower. I am a Zonda F supporter and my housemate a die-hard CCX fan, we gonna have a derby in the house!

Chupacabras said:
At least I have series 2 of QI, and the upcoming new pearl jam to keep my excitement at bay :roll:

New series of QI starts tonight by the way.

Can't sit still..................too exicted at new Top Gear :shock2: :woot:

The Espace thing was inspired by what Jezza did in the H & H DVD, but the Top Gear version is probably one of THE funniest things I have ever seen. I literally cried laughing. It is worth waiting for. Watch out for the monkeys :thumbsup: !!

Apparently Koenigsegg sources its engines from Ford and then upgrades them. Does anyone know the specific engine they get from Ford? Is it the 4.6?

jetsetter said:
Apparently Koenigsegg sources its engines from Ford and then upgrades them. Does anyone know the specific engine they get from Ford? Is it the 4.6?
its a 4.6L, i also recall that cosworth had something to do with it...

I once heard something a Mustang V8 in relation to the Koenigsegg CC, but I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.