[08x01] May 7th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply can't wait. Very curious if the Koenigsegg will actually end up being decent. At last.
Do I need to repeat I can't wait? :mrgreen:

It's the good Mustang engine though, the DOHC one with the supercharger. Only they do a lot of fiddling and fit a HUUUUUUGE supercharger (actually they fit two of them). Swedes are very good at taking other peoples engines and making them amazing. The 270 hp 2.3 turbo monster in my car started life back 70's as a Triumph 1.8. I remember seeing an amazing 325i that had been turbo'd by a swede...it was spinning it's wheels in third. Swedes know engines.

Probably done in a wet track but if done on dry I would expect nice improvement mainly because there is another driver that uses much wider driving lines than era of first Koenigsegg. I'm not sure is how much extra hp helps in a mickey mouse track where focus is on very slow corners.

In another thread there was speculation is it going to be slammed or praised. It might be tough call for script writers to decide what to do but I would bet my money in praise.
Because:
-Brand has been praised so far in TG
-FG hated it, what a nice counter opportunity
-Opening episode of new series
-There might be clause that car must be tested properly

Prophet Of Noise said:
Like everybody, I'm too looking forward to the CCX! I reckon the CCX will be SO close to the Pagani Zonda F round the track that it's gonna be 0.1 of a sec faster or slower. I am a Zonda F supporter and my housemate a die-hard CCX fan, we gonna have a derby in the house!
Like no one else, I am not looking forward to CCX

But otherwise: cant f?king wait

jetsetter said:
Apparently Koenigsegg sources its engines from Ford and then upgrades them. Does anyone know the specific engine they get from Ford? Is it the 4.6?
it was from Ford Racing.. but it was only the block.. the rest was made by koenigsegg
the new block is made by the same company that makes the Ferrari F1 block and the block in the Veyron

it will be a good road test im sure. :)

The espace thing looks amazing!!!! i just saw a preview clip on BBC 2 and i am soooo looking forward to Sunday night. WARNING: If i remember rightly in the clip James was wearing one of his awful stripey jumpers. Apart from that it looked amazing!!! Roll on Sunday

yeah^^^^^^, that pink and blue stripped shirt i think! :lol:

M3_Powered said:
yeah^^^^^^, that pink and blue stripped shirt i think! :lol:
Indeed James is wearing THAT shirt, :lol: :mrgreen: apart from that the new series looks amazing

hopefully that they will bring the veyron on their track this series, to stop the stupid discussions about who might be quickest around the test track

God dammit, I can't wait. How long does it take to rip the episode and get it up? :p To think I have to wait longer than all you guys in the UK! That Espace is going to be priceless!

stig_fever2409 said:
The espace thing looks amazing!!!! i just saw a preview clip on BBC 2 and i am soooo looking forward to Sunday night. WARNING: If i remember rightly in the clip James was wearing one of his awful stripey jumpers. Apart from that it looked amazing!!! Roll on Sunday

I Have seen 2 pic's of that in my June Issue of TG Magazine.
And i have to say, that new roof on the Espace sure does look BAD :lol: .

Two of the thing's i am really looking forward to is the Kit Car Challenge and the Amphibious Car Challenge.:thumbsup:

hopefully that they will bring the veyron on their track this series, to stop the stupid discussions about who might be quickest around the test track

I doubt we'll ever get to see the Veyron go around a track, because no matter what Jeremy says, it does not handle like a big Lotus Elise. It weighs far too much for it to corner like a Zonda F or a Carrera GT, and as it has been pointed out, the track is biased towards cornering and not towards flat out power. The Veyron was made to go 250 MPH, not corner, and I doubt VW would be willing to let us see if the power can make up for the weight in the corners. It would be very embarrasing for the "best car in the world" to not be top around the track.

Actually it does NOT matter if it can corner like an elise. Lets just say that it entes slowly the corner and then IT RIPS THE ROAD with its acceleration. I truely believe it will be the faster car in the track

P.S. The waiting is killing me.

My point was not to claim it wouldn't be the fastest around the track. I have yet to see an actual review of the car that was more than simply going really fast in a straight line and raving about how fast it is. I have no idea how many g's it will pull, or what the handling is like (other than the Lotus quote from an obviously over excited Clarkson), and so I am suspending judgment.

My point was that since VW is not absolutely sure it would be fastest around this specific track, something that is impossible to be sure of when matched against the Zonda F and such, I don't think they are going to risk it. Aplogies for souding like I was trying to start a retarded discussion.

Vambeer said:
Actually it does NOT matter if it can corner like an elise. Lets just say that it entes slowly the corner and then IT RIPS THE ROAD with its acceleration. I truely believe it will be the faster car in the track

P.S. The waiting is killing me.

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Status
Not open for further replies.