[08x01] May 7th, 2006

That was an awesome episode, really becuase it was rather funny. I watched with my friends GF, and she was laughing her head off, she is really getting into TOPGEAR by the way.

Koenigsegg CCX, awesome car, but badly in need of a spoiler. Lets see what happens when they put it on..

First post on this site.. HI ALL...

:welcome: dc9super80

EPIC. what more do i have to say?

lol at the 10 pages and it has only been just over 1 day :lol:

Welcome bro!

I think we were all going through massive TG withdrawls... I watched all 7 series that i had at least twice before it aired...

This has to be the most expensive episode Top Gear has ever put on. They managed to set fire to a car wash and wreck a Koenigsegg :woot: :woot: :woot:

i thought the best parts were

-when they took the roof off for the first time and jeremy couldn't stop laughing, i couldn't stop laughing at him
-when he was talking to himself beside the tree and tried to throw the branch, it broke off I almost farted

:thumbsup:

Absolutely hilarious episode. Just got to watch it today. The whole Espace bit was just fantastic and had me in tears the first, and second time I watched it.

I think I've managed to get the lady hooked on the show as well, because she was laughing hysterically when she saw this episode.

mastabasta said:
No comments about the LIE about the biggest speeding ticket ever issued with Koenigsegg? 242mph?

I've coundn't find anything on web that could backup that statement.
I know though that on one gumball (featured in movie "Gumball 3000 - The Movie") the guy claimed that he pushed the Koenigsegg CCR to 242mph, but there was nothing to backup his story either! No speeding ticket, no in-car video!

It happened in the Gumball Rally, 2004, from SF to Miami.

The speed might not be quite right, but he was well over 200 mph.

TG is certainly back, great fun all the way through :lol:

Really, the whole episode had me in stitches. Every segment was funny, the cabrio Espace being my absolute favorite. (JC had a go at that earlier in Heaven and Hell, I think). Had a good laugh at the Micra as well. :lol:

The new Koenigsegg is one crazy supercar. :shock: So much power...

The dog was probably pointless, but I'm sure they come up with something for her to do in later episodes.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
vanMould said:
So...does anyone else think that the new intro felt a bit like Cowboy Bebop?

Hahaha, that was the first thing that came to mind! I was half-expecting to hear the opening strains of "Tank!"

Hm...I wonder how JC going "3, 2, 1, let's jam!" sounds ;)

ya the episode was cool... but knowing the fact that the size of the next rips are going to be bigger, may lead to other problems then just quality... I mean the previous sizes i.e. 350MB was perfect... because u can burn two episodes in one cd. And you wudn get that chance, rather waste a double sum of discs from now on probably. Well, about the quality; I dont get any compromises since I use an nVIDIA's new graphics card, and i m sure a lot of you guys do as well( the pure video technology powered by that card boosts the quality to a greater extent and u can find the difference if u compare with another pc not having such a gfx card.) The sound we're getting already from the previous rips are not that bad to switch either... I think a short poll survey will do... because a lot of ppl i guess wud like me choose the 350MB rip rather than the 425MB for a little difference...
And well I am not saying that 425MB rips shudn be released though... prolly 2 rips for each episodes will do best for everyone if the work behind doing it is not too much... :)

Oh, and I have to say that the way one celeb was tearing around the track while the others goofed around absolutelly cracked me up. "Oh there's so and so out there" *vrrroooommm* *BANG* and then back to the quiet corner with all the others. HAHAH :p

The architecture during the Civic review was fantastic! Oh man... The whole thing was just great... Although I must say they should have actually reviewed at least one car...

well, still i guess, this matter shud be taken into account... look all the children ( lolz ) are happy already wid the 350MB rips... lol

:) :unsure:

Amazing just amazing - It was the best Top gear episode so far. Just superb even better than winter olimpics ! :D well maybe not better but definately not worse than it :D
So great.

Hey and what about the Stig and all those songs, now he even was lisening to language studies in a Koenigsegg ! crazy isn't it ? :D Doesn't it bother him ?

The boys are back, and in fine fine form.

Great episode - just excellent. How they keep the standard so high I've no idea.

cmotd said:
H264 is MUCH better.

But useless to those of us that like to watch TG with a DivX/XviD DVD player. :thumbsdown:

That aside, this is definitely one of the better TG episodes ... bloody funny stuff! Who HASN'T wanted to watch lions doing it or set fire to a car wash?

As for the new studio, new RPC etc ... I'm sure we'll all get used to it in time. Although I still reckon the new Daewoo is a POS.

You guys have been saying that the Pink Nissan Micra paint job didnt match the studio one.

Well im pretty sure that they are 2 DIFFERENT cars.

I think the Micra they took on the road had a private licence plate which was meant to spell micra, something like M14 CRA

But the one in the studio had a V plate i think.

I didnt download the show, i watched it 'live' so i cant rewatch it to check but im pretty sure they were different cars.

:p :p

I think the biggest achievement about the CCX is the power they could get out of a V8 engine - very impressive. But for me personally, that's also where one of the greatest weaknesses about the car is - the sound is typically V8-ish with a bit of turbo whine. The likes you hear from an V8 AMG Mercedes or SLR - great in it's own way, but i prefer the sound of a V12 by far - like in a Enzo or a Zonda. :)

I watched the episode today. It is so funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The new studio is great. It is a good idea to preserve "legendary" cars. I hope they still have them from "cheap car" challenges.

Can't wait to see new version of Koennniggsssegegegeg...

But why Chevy Lacetti??? :thumbsdown:

ejaymclane said:
I think the Micra they took on the road had a private licence plate which was meant to spell micra, something like M14 CRA

But the one in the studio had a V plate i think.

Road test plate was N14 SSN (Nissan?), studio car was V16 SKY (Private plate??) Not sure if they are 1's or I's though.

Great episode though, glad to see Top Gear back to top form. I didn't see much point to the dog apart from being stepped over, the CCX looks amazing but the car I really want now is an Espace, anyone know where I can pick up a cheap one second hand.... :)

Thanks again for letting me get my Top Gear fix in Aus, it was much needed.