[08x01] May 7th, 2006

As I saw the episode again....... I was asking my self what is the purpose of the monkeys segment??? It's Pointless!!!!!!!! And boring I have to say

BimmerU2 said:
What was that about CCX running at more BHP on bioethanol fuel?

Kebab gud said:
the CCX can run on E85 but if so .. it uses 30% more fuel

E85 (or bio-ethanol) is a more powerfull fuel
it has an octane rating of 105 or something..
even a 2liter saab is listed as 30hp more on E85 then on regular

bartboy9891 said:
Kebab gud said:
asianthology012c said:
CCX, one hell fast car...just unbelievable...if they are going to bring it back with the GT spoiler, i couldn't wait! hope to see it soon...and maybe develop from the CCX with the GT spoiler into a Le Man car or sth. i think it has the potential...
Koenigsegg had plans to build a LMP1 .. but i think thas on ice now..
anyway .. there not (repeat NOT) putting on a GT spoiler...
there just gonna put on the otional spoiler..
(i found out today that there are 2 types of Wings for the CCX)

Here you can se a Red CC8S with a Black Wing..
17_640.jpg

it looks cooler.. but it has a lower topspeed
yea thats the problem with adding large flamboyant spoilers, your top speed just gets thrown out the window. im just kinda wondering why they didnt add a spoiler that changes position with speed. does it add too much weight?

'Kay, so what you're saying is that you'd rather be going 220 mph knowing the car can throw you off the road at any time, than be doing 200 mph + knowing that you are safe?? :roll:

haz

It's not that I want to see more of the car...it's that I want to see more of Richard Hammond go the colour of a tomato by having to drive about the town he shops in in it. Preferrably involving parking and buying things, then driving off again.

ahahahahahah
i did not think of that...i guess you are right then!!!!

but between 170-210mph you are close to death ... so you'll either have to stay under 170 or over 210 to stay alive? ... hmmm .... I'd just take the wing and stay safe all the time ...

haz

haz said:
bartboy9891 said:
Kebab gud said:
asianthology012c said:
CCX, one hell fast car...just unbelievable...if they are going to bring it back with the GT spoiler, i couldn't wait! hope to see it soon...and maybe develop from the CCX with the GT spoiler into a Le Man car or sth. i think it has the potential...
Koenigsegg had plans to build a LMP1 .. but i think thas on ice now..
anyway .. there not (repeat NOT) putting on a GT spoiler...
there just gonna put on the otional spoiler..
(i found out today that there are 2 types of Wings for the CCX)

Here you can se a Red CC8S with a Black Wing..
17_640.jpg

it looks cooler.. but it has a lower topspeed
yea thats the problem with adding large flamboyant spoilers, your top speed just gets thrown out the window. im just kinda wondering why they didnt add a spoiler that changes position with speed. does it add too much weight?

'Kay, so what you're saying is that you'd rather be going 220 mph knowing the car can throw you off the road at any time, than be doing 200 mph + knowing that you are safe?? :roll:

haz
no, what im proposing is that a spoiler that changes position at certain speeds. and just pointing out that the CCX looks like its built soley to go 250mph. id much rather lose some speed off the top if it meant i wouldnt end up going through a tree at lower speeds.

haz said:
but between 170-210mph you are close to death ... so you'll either have to stay under 170 or over 210 to stay alive? ... hmmm .... I'd just take the wing and stay safe all the time ...

haz
how do you know that? ..

no one argues that its crazy in corners at some speed and that its tail kicks out as soon as you think about the throttle
but in a straight line .. its stable..

S8E01

S8E01

Hi All!

Anybody knows what is that music during the montage ??

I like that.

thanks in advance

^ probably wanna check whats that song section....
if not there

then that'd be the best place to ask

Btw, if you wanna see what the optional wing looks like, check out Fifth Gear 09x05.
It looks 10 times as good as the one in the picture posted above.

mizofatso said:
As I saw the episode again....... I was asking my self what is the purpose of the monkeys segment??? It's Pointless!!!!!!!! And boring I have to say

To see if the hood would withstand weight put on it.

i loved the episode, the koenigsegg was fast, i'd really like to see the test with a wing.

made an avatar of the koenigsegg backfire as well :)

Yeah the monkey segment.. they didn't show it though right???

in the one I have they didn't show the monkey segment... :unsure:

BimmerU2 said:
Yeah the monkey segment.. they didn't show it though right???

in the one I have they didn't show the monkey segment... :unsure:

they did bro....

do u have the vuk release?
its in there...

i dunno about the other releases

oh okay. I guess I have the wrong one. I have the 500mb one.

.. is that Pakistan's car in the Dubai's A1 Grand prix?

yup! its the Pakistani car from the A1 Grand Prix

glad to see someone knows about the A1 grand prix other then the ppl in it and me :D

haha seriously..everyone i talk to knows nothing about..

'A1? u mean F1?'

monkeymax said:
... I really don't like the new format of having a one-lap shootout rather than taking the best lap time. Even F1 drivers have trouble with that and Jimmy Carr showed just how much it can ruin their times!
I think it proves Clarkson right when he said Jimmy Carr was a rubbish driver who happened to put together one lucky lap. :p