[08x02] May 14th, 2006

Basscadet said:
RichW said:
Obviously the Z (thats "Zed" not "Zee" ;) - Honestly we gave you the language and you make it ridiculous :lol: ;) )

A Zebra is pronounced "zee-bra" not "zed-e-bra". So if you were to take just the first letter and pronounce it, "zee" makes more sense than "zed".

I pronounce it zehbra

The first part rhyming with 'meh'.

So maybe I should champion the alphabet song to change the last letter to "zeh" :p

kekekeke said:
I thought Ultima was british.

It is.

And, for the hell of it, they should get their hands on a Bristol Fighter and flog the hell out of it. No doubt Jeremy would note how poorly it is made and mention how overpriced it is, but I do beleive that Bristol is the only "major" UK firm no tested on the show.

There are several handcrafted car companies in the UK/US from which to pick interesting cars. Even Japan has Mitsuoka with the Orichi:

3060000000049205.JPG

I don't think the they will ever seriously showcase obscure cars, but it's not out of character for the show - ie. Ariel, Noble, Weismann, Marcos. However, they could make excellent filler until the major companies release new models.

music in the episode (jag xk part)

music in the episode (jag xk part)

can anyone tell me the main music played in the jag xk film.(the one played after he starts the engine, and when he is saying how good it is)

if you have all the music included, can you tell me please

thanks

Re: music in the episode (jag xk part)

Re: music in the episode (jag xk part)

frank8lampard said:
can anyone tell me the main music played in the jag xk film.(the one played after he starts the engine, and when he is saying how good it is)

if you have all the music included, can you tell me please

thanks

http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=11480

Ladies, let me point something out to all of you.

The Corvette is mass produced, the Ferrari is not. That is the sole reason it is $100k cheaper than the Ferrari. That is also the reason it has less prestige.

Ask any engineer, what product will be more mechanically stable: the mass produced one or the handbuilt one?

The exclusive (and arguably inferior) product is just a fat businessman body-image propaganda.

TP

P.S. - America does have the highest obesity rate out of any country, however, I am sure I could beat 99.9% of the members on this board in an olympic trialthon (I can drive manual too). Moral of the story: don't stereotype to get your point across--you'll just look like a moron.

^ I understand your just replying to all the flamming that went on in this topic earlier on but it finished ages ago so theres no need to bring it up again or respond to it now.

Anyways...:welcome: and don't refer to everyone as "ladies" because all it does is make you a target ;)

Just trying to get everybody to see the difference between manufacturing techniques. It is very important in the automotive industry--Henry Ford's idea.

TP

I searched but I didn't come across this bit.

Did anyone notice the speedometer goes to 300 and its in MPH?

If it was in MPH it would be about 186. But Clarkson was reading off the speeds while he was doing it in the car. That speedo seems a little optimistic to me.

If it was in MPH it would be about 186. But Clarkson was reading off the speeds while he was doing it in the car. That speedo seems a little optimistic to me.

Yes I noticed that too.

What's the deal with that??

... on the Corvette, you can simply change between mph and km/h. It uses the same "Scale", but indicates differently. Therefore you need the "300", in case you set it to km/h. As you can see (the green glowing mph) they set it to miles per hour there ...

Did anyone notice in the Star in a Reasonably priced car segment the Boeing 747 in the background had a website on it?
It was http://www.dunsfoldpark.com

http://img406.imageshack.**/img406/3808/vlcsnap11726929up.png

Did anyone notice the Boeing in the background had a website on it that has a Boeing on it? It's a circle!
Eitherway, I loved this:
records.jpg

Jeremy came up with records.
They should be ashamed they haven't got a record player there.
What a poor studio! I've got two in my studio and I'm not even on air!
Eitherway, way to go Jeremy.
And if you speak or understand any Dutch and are bothered about vintage analog audio, visit my website http://www.analogaudio.nl/ (no, not commercial... I only lose money by paying the server and organizing meetings ;))

I listened to the whole radio show which someone must have have recorded off the radio (can't remember where I downloaded it, probably an FTP), it was surprisingly entertaining and I think Jeremy's point that it was easy to host a drive-time show was only proven wrong because of the regimented format. Overall Hammond and May were only along for the ride, Clarkson had organised guests and traffic reports while Hammond was either playing with the (awful) jingles or going to the toilet, and James May lost interest 3/4 of the way through and rarely spoke anyway.

I really enjoyed seeing Clarkson, Hammond and May looking like idiots (as always) when they were hosting the drive time radio show. :D

It is.
There are several handcrafted car companies in the UK/US from which to pick interesting cars. Even Japan has Mitsuoka with the Orichi:

3060000000049205.JPG

I don't think the they will ever seriously showcase obscure cars, but it's not out of character for the show - ie. Ariel, Noble, Weismann, Marcos. However, they could make excellent filler until the major companies release new models.
Oh, the irony. Just rewatched this episode, and this quote by Hammond in the canoe/Tomcat race made me laugh my head off. (LMHO?)

Hammond said:
"It's like a fine layer of stones on volcanic ash. Which is very interesting on a Geogrpahy fieldtrip, but bloody scary to drive on!"
Now that you mention it, Hamster, it was very interesting...

The radio show was brilliant! A nice reference to the three just being lads and not really knowing what the heck is going on... My favourite part of the show :mrgreen:

I saw a great video with Clarkson being a prat in it recently...trying to remember where I saw it. Has anyone got any of those? Always make me laugh.