[08x03] May 21th, 2006

I am not

to make the show interesting they cannot clearly show the same high performance cars.. at the same time TG is, courtesy of JC!, more oriented towards them

so instead of putting affordable (but boring from an _entertainment_ point of view) cars JC prefers the banter... and I agree

as you can see there is no problem, happy? :lol:

No Boss said:
jeffy777 said:
Viper007Bond said:
Banned for flaming.

Way to bring the hammer down Viper 8)

Viper's authority best expressed by a dropkick to the back of the head:

kicker.gif
I love you No Boss. :lmao:

Could someone post a pic of Top Gear Dog with the goggles on? I'd like to use it as my new avatar. She's so cute :) Thanks!

Poorest episode of this season, bysome mark.

Boats had moments. But not the laugh a minute the Espace was. Or for that matter any of the previous challenges. "Porsches" or "Not porsches" spring to mind.

News section was awful. James random things were so forced its untrue!

Exige was so so. Nothing new cinematically. And to be fair nothing new said about the car compared to the old (non supercharged) version in the Apache review.

Guest was the worst guest EVER! He had no interest and wasn't even in the swing of things!

As above, this season is more entertainment than car programme. And thats IMHO silly. The laughs used to come by being un-expected. Now its obvious where the laughs will be. I mean everyone knew 1 or 2 would sink. That they would look awful. The best jokes were JCs fire and the Gaytimes magazine. Unexpected things.

Have to ay Im also surprised there isnt a fan base for the girl in the cool wall. :lol: (which has also changed for the worst. Old Cool Wall I understood. Good cars were normally uncool, anything a bit motorsport was uncool. But now its all been switched and M6 is cool. Which is wrong)

Micra said:
Could someone post a pic of Top Gear Dog with the goggles on? I'd like to use it as my new avatar. She's so cute :) Thanks!

Here you go! I made it avatar sized. :)

http://img355.imageshack.**/img355/2484/doggles3sn.jpg

Just wanted to drop by with a very belated thanks for the vid. The extra size is worth it, and although not quite are car oriented, I laughed so hard at the amphibious vehicles. It was great to watch.

TomCat said:
I wonder if TopGear will get to test the new $40k 500hp Shelby GT500...

Why does Ford not make RHD Mustangs these days? They did it for Australia in the past and it seems a no brainer if they want to increase sales to RHD countries. Its not that hard nor expensive to do. Ford does it i nthe UK with the Jaguar/Aston brands so they have factories that could do it.

Not a new-retro Mustang fan in the least (makes Ford look desperate), but a decent car had it come with IRS standard.

mustang

mustang

ishigakisensei said:
TomCat said:
I wonder if TopGear will get to test the new $40k 500hp Shelby GT500...

Why does Ford not make RHD Mustangs these days? They did it for Australia in the past and it seems a no brainer if they want to increase sales to RHD countries. Its not that hard nor expensive to do. Ford does it i nthe UK with the Jaguar/Aston brands so they have factories that could do it.

Not a new-retro Mustang fan in the least (makes Ford look desperate), but a decent car had it come with IRS standard.

I believe the RHD is comin in 2008 model year, so next year.

And c'mon...you can't say this isn't sexy as hell. :p

07_gt500.jpg

~nj?

No, that is not sexy. Like the T-Bird, it's a desperate attempt by Ford to live in past glory rather than boldy move forward. It is no wonder that Toyota has passed Ford by and is in no danger of being overtaken. The RHD option is about time. Chevy should do that for the Vette as well. I'd wager that sales would increase in RHD countries.

As for sexy, THIS is sexy:

Mustang_Fastback.jpg

and its real. 1994-1998 Mustangs with Cobra IRS installed = :thumbsup: But that's just my opinion...

For me Mustangs are a pretty pathetic excuse for a car and their status as an icon of American automotive excellence is totally lost on me. By modeling their latest models on thirty year old Mustangs all they're saying is we haven't made a proper, attractive, and fun mustang in three decades. It's indicative of the fact that American car manufacturers have not yet recovered from the 1973 oil crisis. I mean if it can't have a 7.0L engine and be as wide as a school bus, they're at a loss for what to do. If you want proof have a look at the Mustang II, any of the 80s box inspired ones, or the parts bin 90s Mustangs.

http://img100.imageshack.**/img100/8169/ii4lz.jpg

Something that looks like a watered down version of a 30 year old relic coupled with Ford's abysmal standards may be fetching for somebody in Birmingham Alabama, but it will not be competitive in the UK no matter which side they put the steering wheel on.

This topics gone off the point, but id still like to post my opinion

Hi btw, im new to posting on here.

First off, i didnt see huge differences between the 350 to 425mb versions, but 75mb isnt much difference in size either, so its well worth it.

I definetly prefered the old TG episodes, with 3 to 4 proper reviews per episode. But due to Jeremy's injuries, im not suprised there's less proper test's. I did find this humerous, but your right, there's not much new proper content here.

Im suprised how well the Ford kept up with the Exige! The Exige would be 240ish Horsepower, but still, the Ford still loomed behind it.

Id love to see TG get some of our Fords + Holdens. They loved the HSV GTO, i dont see why Jeremy wouldn't like the clubsport.

I do hope they try to fit in 2 proper reviews per episode.

--- Just checking out next weeks episode preview text, it sounds stunning, i know the guest for once! The Z4M!

Good stuff.

^Jeremy has test an older 4 door HSV before, not sure which one. It may have been a VS model.

The Mustang as far as I know hasn't been imported too Australia by Ford. The Mustang is privately imported and and convert to RHD in workshops.

BlitzR said:
^Jeremy has test an older 4 door HSV before, not sure which one. It may have been a VS model.
Oh rly? When and where? I'm interested :)

Im more refering to the F6 Typhoon, or GT (preferbly the f6).

The girl from FG reviewed the VT GTS i beleive.

mitchtj said:

Its only a matter of time before they do an FPV. They just gotta! Particularly the F6 - that car proves you don't need 8-cylinders to be a muscle car, and all this coming from a Holden supporter!!

Ahh Vicki tested it did she. Must look for that clip just for the hell of it.

Trust me, we've only ever bought Holdens, i support them in the v8's to no end (did you see 7 won the rights btw?) But the BF Turbo models impress me, the Z series is just too old now, its worn out, bring on the VE.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
mitchtj said:

Its only a matter of time before they do an FPV. They just gotta! Particularly the F6 - that car proves you don't need 8-cylinders to be a muscle car, and all this coming from a Holden supporter!!

na... although the 6-cyl's turbo's have more power, it will never have the top end that the V8's have on the highway at high speeds...

mitchtj said:
Trust me, we've only ever bought Holdens, i support them in the v8's to no end (did you see 7 won the rights btw?) But the BF Turbo models impress me, the Z series is just too old now, its worn out, bring on the VE.
Yeah Z is on an almost dead platform. Bring on the VE as you said.

btw: We're discussing the V8 issue in the motorsport section of the forum now...

andyhui01 said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
mitchtj said:

na... although the 6-cyl's turbo's have more power, it will never have the top end that the V8's have on the highway at high speeds...
Oh yeah for sure but its a damn good muscle car, specially for 6-cyls. I dunno...I gotta drive one first haha. I'm just reffering to what journos say bout it.