[08x03] May 21th, 2006

not laughed so hard in a long time, and it was hammonds contraption usually settin me off, hahahahaha when it was goin up hill, im chuckling still as i type at the lack of power

:lmao:

still could be more car-stuff in it but had a high-comedy factor this time :lmao:

I just laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed because of that stupid boat-challenge. And the Lotus Exige S, great whining from the supercharger.

you know you're heartless if you don't laugh at the bit where may goes "oh there's a boat called such and such over there and oh there's a one called this over here... crash"

Exige section was great. If you're gonna do a car chase in a film, get these guys to do it.

Why can't people stop whining about it having more car bits and enjoying it for what it is? I think it's the funniest episode of Top Gear since ever, and James May is brilliant.

i agree, my mate and i laughed our asses off at this episode...

cant you guys realise that this show has evolved into a show thats not just about reiviewing cars... but a piss take on real life things... that invole cars and the like...

I like it... and i swear the day TG gets axed, will be a sad day indeed...

This was a great episode... Who cares if they didnt have a review of a car.. its not just about reviews... its about having fun....

Id give anything to be on that show... and i think they have made the most entertaining show on tv for a while.... SO STOP COMPLAINING! or ill put you in front of a tv running fifth gear 24/7...... yawn...

I wish they would do less of the airport reviews and more on real roads. Especially with the supercars.

Besides that, the boat bit was great fun :lol:

ycchan said:
Kebab gud said:
3: sounded like the Hilux had a problem with the fuel..

I thought the engine was ruined because of the water. Hydrolock.
its a diesel ..
they can work in alot of water.. and beeing that the hilux had been out of water for sometime makes me think that it was scripted :p
watch it once more .. the engine works fine .. but it sounds like there is no fuel
sounds like the injector is working fine too

Saw it, enjoyed it!

I never thought of Top Gear as strictly a review show so I guess that's why I'm not complaining. I just look at it as an all around car show.

And, oh wow, they had Dead Prez Hip-Hop on the soundtrack this week, I'm digging that.

80ssportlover said:
^Elk^ said:
Have anyone noticed the red light reflecting in the tv screen at 36:30? Is it a sign for clarkson to move on with the show? Anyone?

Yea i saw it. I was like "WTF was that?"

That light is a prep light. I used to be a Broadcasting major and worked at a news studio, and they are built into the studio cameras. All they do is indicate to the host/anchor, which camera they will be one next. It's just a nifty tool to make sure the subject is looking to the right camera.

For the guest segment they probably don't use them because neither guest nor Jeremy is required to look into the camera, so the crew probably weren't expecting it to come on.

Dins said:
However, what is it with the repeating parts in the 700mb files? That's the second time this has happened and I have no idea why. Never happened before, why now?
RiVER isnt very good at QC it seems. I have no idea why there's a looping segment in the first place in their capture tho. This time it's at 20:00 for those few who didnt notice.

If those 2 were on your photo, there's no way you'd get away with it, they'd have you in court and your license ripped before you could say 'On that Bombshell!!'

Hahahaha! I think this is the general concensus. Have not laughed so much for a LONG time now! This is just great! I don't care they didn't have too many tests and car stuff, this was GOLD! And the cinematography this series is AMAZING with the super slow motion camera... Ooooh!

:thumbsup: :woot:

BlaRo said:
Why can't people stop whining about it having more car bits and enjoying it for what it is? I think it's the funniest episode of Top Gear since ever, and James May is brilliant.

Bang on. :)