[08x03] May 21th, 2006

andyhui01 said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
mitchtj said:
Im more refering to the F6 Typhoon, or GT (preferbly the f6).

The girl from FG reviewed the VT GTS i beleive.
Its only a matter of time before they do an FPV. They just gotta! Particularly the F6 - that car proves you don't need 8-cylinders to be a muscle car, and all this coming from a Holden supporter!!

Ahh Vicki tested it did she. Must look for that clip just for the hell of it.

na... although the 6-cyl's turbo's have more power, it will never have the top end that the V8's have on the highway at high speeds...

I thought all that mattered to top speed were BHP and frontal surface area? (If we presume the density of air is constant..)

Edit: I'm not being a smartarse, i just remember reading that somewhere. Is there more to it than that?

GraemeH said:
I thought all that mattered to top speed were BHP and frontal surface area? (If we presume the density of air is constant..)

Edit: I'm not being a smartarse, i just remember reading that somewhere. Is there more to it than that?
top speed depends on a number of factors, drag, power, gear ratio etc.

GraemeH said:
andyhui01 said:
mitchtj said:

Its only a matter of time before they do an FPV. They just gotta! Particularly the F6 - that car proves you don't need 8-cylinders to be a muscle car, and all this coming from a Holden supporter!!

na... although the 6-cyl's turbo's have more power, it will never have the top end that the V8's have on the highway at high speeds...

although top speed does depend on the BHP, but if you look at turbo car's power curve, they never ever peak at their red line, it is usually 1k RPM lower, thats because by the time the car is at such high RPM, the extra air the turbo pushes into the cylinder does not really make a difference as the turbo starts to loose it pressure. If you're friend or someone has a turbo car with a boost guage, take a look... have him take it to the red-line in third, notice as it approaches the red line, it looses pressure.

EDIT: And SL, to me a Muscle car's reqirement is a V8 :D

GraemeH said:
andyhui01 said:
mitchtj said:

Also weight does play a factor. It changes the rolling resistance of the tires, and also adds a bit of extra friction to other parts that transmit power to the road (wheel bearings and such).

andyhui01 said:

The viper has a v10, and that is definitely a muscle car.

I think the production crew got ahold of a slo-mo camera and they just wet their pants everytime that they film water drops at high speed. Its kinda cool, but I think thats gonna get real old real quick.

Oh well, TG still rocks my socks.

tg

tg

ScionGit said:
andyhui01 said:

The viper has a v10, and that is definitely a muscle car.

I think the production crew got ahold of a slo-mo camera and they just wet their pants everytime that they film water drops at high speed. Its kinda cool, but I think thats gonna get real old real quick.

Oh well, TG still rocks my socks.

I think they are doing that on purpose, though...like...every time they use it, they use water. It's not like it just shows up at random. I think it's taken place of the camera-on-the-ground-while-car-drives-past-something-silly-in-the-foreground shot. Sort of a signature shot.

~nj?

ScionGit

Welcome aboard mate! You're about a month too late, I did a poll a while back in the "Gen. Automotive" thread asking who liked the look of the xB.

Oh well, Welcome agian. :thumbsup:

it the 1st time that I didn't really enjoy a TG ep. The eps are going downhill this season. I don't like the set and I don't get what that dog is there for behind hinting that is the TG version of viki on topgear

I hope the next ep would be better

the dog is there to make more funny, which it will do later on in the season

Like many others, I was quite surprised at how the heavier, softer Detroit iron kept up so well with the small, darty Lotus--a car that has become synonymous with extreme handling. Makes me wonder what would happen if you replaced the Exige S with a regular Exige . . . would the Mustang have crept up on it, or even (gulp) passed it? Food for thought . . .

For the record, though, there are a few American cars I wouldn't mind seeing on TG, the GT500 and Saleen S7. This is pure morbid curiosity, as I have, over the years, been completely sworn over to European cars for life!

I enjoy the slow-motion parts, it would be fun if sometime TG staged their version of an action bit, as some hinted earlier--maybe similar to the Boxter vs. SLK romp a couple years ago.

Overall, I feel with this episode--sidesplittingly funny, I must add!--TG has returned to the high level set over the last few seasons. Wonderfully well done!!

:tvhappy:

ROFLMAO

the whole car/boat thing was hilarious. hammond struggling up the hill, james on the tow truck and jc capsizing.
jc's toyota not starting at the end was classic.

have had to watch this episode twice as was laughing so much i missed half of it.

NuclearSymphony said:
Like many others, I was quite surprised at how the heavier, softer Detroit iron kept up so well with the small, darty Lotus--a car that has become synonymous with extreme handling. Makes me wonder what would happen if you replaced the Exige S with a regular Exige . . . would the Mustang have crept up on it, or even (gulp) passed it? Food for thought . . .
That's because Mustang had the Stig in it and the Exige S had JC. The exige S even beat the C6 around the track in the hands of the stig.

While I'm not exactly married to the new 'Stang, the Saleen and Roush modifications look particularly bad-ass. There's a whole line of Roush models at the shop across the way from me. Would make a nice counterpoint to my S4.

roush_mustang_2.jpg

NTM

geoff_a_pult said:
The Volvo 1800- It's not fast, but it sounds fast, looks fast, and feels fast. And the ladies think it is sexy.

Dude, do you own a Volvo 1800? The one in your avatar pic? I think they are cool. On my list of cars I want ;)

I enjoyed the Lotus piece as well.....NOT sure why we got the Lotus versus Mustang GT comparison. The Lotus is what..35K pounds? The mustang must be half that......here in the States a Mustang GT runs about..what..$25K? Less?

So you're comparing a street-legal track car with a heavy american musclecar designed for cruising, not tearing around a track (at least not without heavy modifications to its suspension and power output). <shrug>

Because the Mustang had twice the power and all that. And it was a Ford Mustang GT. ;)

Once again Jeremy is making a fool of Vauxhall, i hate that. I like Opel (Which is called Vauxhall in the UK)

That sailing race was fun! James made me laugh when he saw Jeremy's Toybota upside down: Is that your car? It is the wrong way up. :lol: