[08x03] October 24th, 2005

Raider said:
i don't care if they have better drivers, their attitudes and their reviews suck...
Definitely. Today's show definitely put some light on the crew's attitude. :thumbsdown:

I know VUK hasn't release the latest episode yet, but there's another up at the usual place. :D

Agreed, that was a pretty piss poor episode, bring on TG! :thumbsup:

Am I the only one who finds the episode wasn't so bad? :ph34r:

Sure the Koenigsegg non-review was disappointing, but I have to hand it to VBH and Tiff for actually taking part in that endurance race...

The bit on the used cars was interesting too, it's not exactly TG but then this is Fifth Gear, not Top Gear. It's about cars you could actually use on a daily basis.

But I wish Vicky would have kept a little more quiet during the GSXR vs XTR4 shootout... she was going on about how great the bike sounded (and it does sound sweet... :wub: ) but I would rather hear it myself.. :D

I'm going to add my voice to the chorus of people asking 'How on earth can you write off a car like the Koenigsegg when you've only driven a couple of mildly paced test laps?' What BS!!!

Was a bit disappointing - the only thing remotely interesting was the 24 hour race. That Honda was pretty impressive.

Of interest to the aussies - the first car they showed that retired looked a lot like an AU Falcon V8 Supercar...

simingx said:
It was far from the best, but it was far from the worst. Nothing too exciting this episode, but the CCR was interesting, even though it broke down and therefore was really short. :(

BTW - is anyone actually surprised that the CCR broke down? :lol:

Viper007Bond said:
simingx said:
It was far from the best, but it was far from the worst. Nothing too exciting this episode, but the CCR was interesting, even though it broke down and therefore was really short. :(

BTW - is anyone actually surprised that the CCR broke down? :lol:

Not at all. :). That's all I've been seeing. They are always at the side of the road. :lol:

simingx said:

Nope. I think I agree. I thought it was average, not awful. It was a bit odd to show a test that wasn't a test, but the 24 hour race was OK, the Bentley review they at least tried to make interesting, and the 8 grand car was a bit pointless but not terrible. Just as long as you don't compare it to 1500 pound Porches, which was sensational.

The production values I thought were better this week though. And no vision of Tiff typing. Maybe they read the reports here?

It was a good episode..

The ones who claim it was rubbish are the usual suspects that hate FG.

WHY DO YOU EVEN WATCH FG IN THE FIRST PLACE?

The endurance race was great and gives you an inside view of how it is out there.
The CCR was short but the footage of it hoping around true the corner really showed it wasn't meant to be a car you take to the track.

You can actually judge a car in a few seconds and mind you he drove a couple of laps and he knows abit more about cars then you sorry asses do that hate FG.

Overall not bad the CCR could have been abit longer and the shootout was uite good.

Just goes to show that bikes are faster then normal cars..
Top gear faked it when they had the CBR 600 vs the atomic kitten car or what ever it's called.

The bike would have easily won that race but JC hates bikes so it didn't.

Was that an AU Falcon at 35:39 in the 24 hour race just after a car spun?! It looked suspiciously like one.. wtf was it doing in a Brithish 24 hour endurance race..

Well if a German S-class (and an old one at that) can take part, I don't see why not? :D

*Edit: Tiff seems to have a soft spot for motorbikes too.... he was positively gushing when he described the bike's lap... :p

To be honest. Im glad they showed the Koenisegg thing.

It just shows that this car is a load of trumped up nonsense. Tiffs the second person (Martin Brundle being the first) to say it doesnt feel "finished" You could see on the track it was bouncing too much and also it seems the reliability just isnt there yet.

If I was spending the ?400K it costs and it broke down Id return it. Even Ferraris and Alfas and Zondas are built properly nowadays.

I'll admit Im a McLaren F1 fan. But its perfectly resonable for Tiff to compare it to it. The CCR set out from the beginning to "be faster than the F1" so it may well be faster in a straight line. But you dont hear of many F1s breaking down. And Tiff is uniquely placed to compare the pair of them having driven both.

I think too many people feel the CCR is the greatest and when they see an uncomplimentary review they slate the people responsible. I daresay the same thing will happen when the Veyron is reviewed on masse and doesnt receive the same glowing praise the F1 recieved upon its launch.

About the CCR:

Everybody says that is sucks so bad, I agree it looked strange when Tiff drove it but can anyone explain what happened on TG ?

The Stig drove the CC8S on the track and it was pretty good, I cant believe that the CCR is worse, maybe they screwed up the settings on Tiff?s car.

And that about bikes being faster than normal cars,, well sure,, normal cars but not all cars. Bikes cannot go fast in corners!!!
In order to beat a pretty fast car you have to use the lightest and fastest bike, as they did on FG. There are track cars out there that are faster than that, like the Ariel Atom , the one with the supercharged CTR engine.

huh

I liked the show.

If the Koenigsegg doesn?t work then it?s not 5th gears fault. I don?t think they should gloss over it chances are the engineer couldn?t fix it and 5th gear was saving Koenigsegg's graces.

Other wise a good watch.I believe they are upping the anti with each show. I find top gear more frustrating at times when they do the kiddies segments for 20mins (cavans, bus/limo car jumping, car darts etc)

And until one of you prove you either can drive better than Vicky or have a girlfriend prettier lay off her. Granted she has that ?I?m just as fast as the boy?s complex? but what girl doesn?t

wait a sec... did or did they not test the CCR?!
i have not seen th episode yet and am talking with the fifth gear guys...

iloper said:
wait a sec... did or did they not test the CCR?!
i have not seen th episode yet and am talking with the fifth gear guys...

Tiff drove it briefly on track. But then it broke down. (Clutch pedal went to the floor) They got the UK importer out and he could fix it either. But in summing up Tiff said he didnt like it as much as the McLaren F1. He considered it not finished, a work in progress.