[08x04] May 28th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewan McGregor's a top bloke, not really a fan of his movies apart from Trainspotting but after bittorrenting and watching Long Way Round I really grew to feel as though Ewan and Charlie were not at all unlike me. I can't wait for Long Way Down. I'm glad they're bringing on people who have a passion for cars, adventure, or are actually charasmatic. There's nothing worse than having a geriatric BBC radio presenter or somebody who has never even watched the show as the star in a reasonably priced car. They should bring Jamie Oliver on and Jay Kay back to have a go at the new car. Not as crazy as many of you about the American designed Z4 especially in convertible fire engine red guise, but that said I'm sure it'll blitz the track.

eurotrash said:
I can't wait for Long Way Down

I wasn't aware of that until you mentioned it - but now I'm eagerly waiting for it (Long Way Round was excellent)

andyhui01 said:
Kebab gud said:
hmm .. lets see.. jaremy made it clear that they where .. its important for koengisegg..
the fans want it..
you name it

well.. he made it clear that the MG-SV was going to come back with NOS in it? I don't think it came back
he sayd he wanted to se the NOS version .. not that they had to have it ..
ohh and the Koenigsegg is in the studio in the last episode (8x03)
you can see it when they pan over to do the cool wall..

the koenigsegg will redo the lap in this weeks episode

(according to TG.com)

I believe that the Z4M is going to be a bit of disappointment for Clarkson, as it is too raw and brutal as a car. It may have 911 performance, but its handling is scary. If he sees it as a challenge as he did with the Koenigsegg though, we may see Clarkson like another BMW :p The coupe version will be more track oriented and better in handling, thats if they ever test it, due to the roof doubling its rigidity. :thumbsup:

*minor spoilers*

From www.topgear.com
In the news this week...
BMW's Z4 M Coupe, Lexus's GS450h, Mercedes' C-Class Coupe, Richard shows us some naughty numberplates, Jeremy talks about his brush with royalty at Beckingham Palace, and some fool puts a bashed-up Peugeot on eBay.

BMW Z4 M Roadster v Porsche Boxster S
Richard takes the Porsche for a spin on the track, then gets to grips with BMW's new Z4 M Roadster. With a 3.2-litre V6 engine producing 338bhp and a 0-60mph time of five seconds, can the Z4 wipe the smug smile off the Boxster? If anyone can make it sweat it's the Stig, who gives it a good thrashing around the track.

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S v Red Devil
This week, Richard gets shipped off to Cyprus, along with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. But he wasn't just there for the scenery, oh no - he was racing a flying squirrel. And not just any old squirrel either; this one was being dropped from a height of 10,000 feet. Confused? Watch the programme and it'll all become clear.

Mercedes S-Class
Jeremy indulges in a bit of luxury with the S-Class and it all looks very nice, apart from the interior. Jeremy thought the car should look more like his house and should have, er, house things in it, like a stone-flagged floor, lamps, a fireplace and some nice Wingback chairs, and that's exactly what it got.

Also this week...
There's always someone complaining that Top Gear never features any normal, practical cars and this week is no exception. The Caparo T1 is in the studio and with a 2.4-litre supercharged V8 firing out 480bhp, it's obviously a nice sensible motor and a snip at ?150,000.

You may remember a few weeks ago the Stig crashed the Koenigsegg CCX spectacularly into a tyre wall. Well, now the Swedish manufacturer has stuck a rear wing on the car and the Stig shows us how 800bhp should really go around the track, while listening to his favourite language tape, of course.

This week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car is Ewan McGregor, who we knew was a big star because he was transported by a helicopter.

So the CCX is coming back!

This is my first time following the pre-episode discussion in full, bit of a spoiler since im usually surprised when the features for the episode are lined up, but having shown so many friends who dont know a thing about TG in general or what a Koenisegg is ....
:bangin: ....the 8x1 episode and other TG clips, I dont think Ive been wanting to see an episode of ANYTHING in my life as much as this one coming up!

Im a huge fan of the Long Way Round series and Ewans work, esp in Trainspotting and Shallow Grave so it will be cool to see him as the *IARPC. I have the LWR dvd and managed to catch most of the series on the Bravo channel here, which is who sponsored it to be produced. Rather pissed at myself, :cry: I had the chance to meet or at least see Ewan and Sandra Bullock a few weeks back, they came through a costal city here in California (HalfMoonBay) for an event called "history of the motorcycle" which i was told Jesse James was going to be at and cost $50 to see, so I choise to ride motorcycles with buddies instead ... we rode right past the hotel where the event was going on. Oh well, theres always next time right.

A day and change till 8x4 is available, I dont think ill be sleeping much :woot:

Yea....I wish they review the Z4 M coupe instead of roadster. But, still it would be a great show.

the Z4 coupe or Mcoupe havent been officially released yet i dont think

can any1 confirm?

also its richards 1st time doin a car v car test on the track i think, should b good!

Hi for everyone, i' m new here :roll: I'm big fan of top gear, and i'm so looking forward for this episode :woot:

The new CCX lap time is on the top gear power lap board on the BBC website.

I won't spoil it for you here though :D

CCX :shock: :shock:

cookting said:
The new CCX lap time is on the top gear power lap board on the BBC website.

I won't spoil it for you here though :D
Wow, I think the wing is a factory option. That guy with a whole bunch of supercars who was on fifth gear had 2 konegsegs with spoilers like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.