[08x04] May 28th, 2006

Another one! When James and the Hamster are driving the modified Mercedes:

51:48 - 52:26 - Tony Hatch - Crossroads theme

44:00 - 44:18 - ? - Air On A G String (composed by JS Bach)

It was the version by Klazz brothers & Cuba percussion - Its on the Collateral motion picture soundtrack. :)

there was a track on twice during the boxster and z4 m bit at the start which was without a doubt a new Hybrid track be it either from the new album or made specifically for tv shows as they seem to do now and then

What's playing at 53:30-54:29??

It's the techno-ish song when Richard and James are doing the hot lap in the Mercedes.

I noticed the first guy didn't even list the time code or the song for it.

19:55 to 20:33 is Massive Attack - Weather Storm.

I believe Craig Armstrong also did a version of the song, with just the piano solo. I'm fairly sure that this version might be the Craig Armstrong one, but I think they both have just about identical melodies.

ssreverb said:
Do you know when this music played (the exact time code)? If you could check I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

i think it first comes on in the 00:46 - 01:52 time code but dont know about the second time as i dont have the episode here to hand. but anyone who has the episode and knows hybrid, have a listen and u should be able to hear it

48:06 - 48:25 - Morton Stevens - Hawaii 5-0 Theme
48:46 - 49:11 - Solomon Burke - Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
49:13 - 49:39 - Barry Gray - Thunderbirds Theme

the above poster, lacclolith, was correct. it is in fact the craig armstrong remix of his remix of massive attack's weather storm. It is off his Piano Works album of 2004.

19:55 - 20:33 Craig Armstrong - Weather Storm (Piano Version)

n1c2c8 said:
the above poster, lacclolith, was correct. it is in fact the craig armstrong remix of his remix of massive attack's weather storm. It is off his Piano Works album of 2004.

19:55 - 20:33 Craig Armstrong - Weather Storm (Piano Version)

Damn I was way off, I coulda sworn this was Harold Budd. Very similar to "The Room of Corners" off his "The Room" album.

ColumbusIS said:
Listen to the music from the Range Rover Sport vs Challenger II Tank (06x01)... that's definately "Ripleys Rescue", but it's listed as "Star Trek 3 Battle Suite" ?!?!?!??!

Okay i've listened... it's hard to tell if this is Star Trek or Ripley's Rescue... I agree it sounds exactly like Ripley's Rescue... but it is NOT the version on the Aliens OST. This is a re-recording version (same version heard in 08x04). The percussion for example is clearly different than Horner's original recording.

Maybe this is some sort of BBC Orchestra recording or hopefully the version on the 'Space 3' compilation which I plan to track down soon.

eurotrash said:
At 21:00 is something from the V for Vendetta score, it's used throughout the film most notably when Natalie Portman's character emerges from the prison.

Correct, its the OST: V for Vendetta - Evey Reborn (the clip they used starts at about 2:30 into the track)

There seam to be some errors so far in this listing for the Porsche vs. Parachuter... "The end of all things" from Return of the King is not used. The music used is called "A Knife in the Dark" from Fellowship of the Ring.

Like Aliens which is discussed above, this is NOT the version from the original soundtrack recording. The Top Gear crew is using a Silva Re-Recording by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra avaiable here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ABTM6

Here is an accurate listing so far....

32:33 - 32:59 - James Horner - Ripley?s Rescue (Silva re-recording?? to be confirmed soon)
33:00 - 33:16 - ?
33:16 - 34:05 - Rob Dougan - Born Yesterday
34:05 - 34:26 - ?
34:32 - 35:05 - Howard Shore - Forth Eorlingas, Isengard Unleashed (Silva Re-Recording)
35:05 - 35:20 - Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy (Pappy Mix)
35:19 - 36:01 - ?
36:04 - 36:44 - Amon Tobin - Rosies
36:48 - 37:43 - Don Davis, Juno Reactor - Navras
37:43 - 38:44 - Howard Shore ? A Knife in the Dark (Silva Re-Recording)
38:44 - 39:59 - Don Davis, Juno Reactor - Tetsujin
39:59 - 40:51 - Howard Shore ? A Knife in the Dark (Silva Re-Recording)

*Note: timecodes based on 400mb rip.

Can anyone fill in the gaps?? :)

Anyone knows something about the song between 14:52 - 15:37?, it's when Jeremy present the voice controlled on board computer.

36:48 - 37:43 - Don Davis, Juno Reactor - Navras

Actually...I am almost positive it is just the Juno Reactor - Navras and not done with Don Davis.

...almost.

15:38 - 16:29 - Massive Attack ? Red Light Means Go
33:00 - 33:16 - Amon Tobin - Theme from Battery
34:05 - 34:26 - Amon Tobin - Theme from Battery

ssreverb said:
Becuase Horner used some of the exact same music from Star Trek 2 and Star Trek 3 in his later score Aliens... the three are sometimes confused with one another. As soon as I track down that special I will let you know for sure which it is.

Nope - totally wrong. Star Trek II and Star Trek III have nothing in common with each other, soundtrack wise, and they definitely have no parts in them that were in the Aliens soundtrack - Horner did all three, but did *NOT* cut and paste 8)

Die Hard used some of the same scores as Aliens though.