[08x04] May 28th, 2006

Nope - totally wrong. Star Trek II and Star Trek III have nothing in common with each other, soundtrack wise, and they definitely have no parts in them that were in the Aliens soundtrack - Horner did all three, but did *NOT* cut and paste

Not totally wrong :) ... I'm listening to all three now. You are right that the 'exact' same music was not used but many bars of music are the same and the percussion arrangements are strikingly similar. This is no surprise or big deal becuase it is a known fact that Horner often repeats himself.

More importantly, the original recording of "Ripley's Rescue" has not been used by Top Gear... i've confirmed they are using the Silva re-recording available on the Space 3 compilation (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004U0OG).. which sounds a bit different than the original.

49:45 - 50:19 - John Williams - The Time Tunnel
35:19 - 36:01 - UNKLE - Safe in Mind (Instrumental)

Last edited:
V for Vendetta score is (mostly) composed by Dario Marianelli.

Here is the tittles of the songs:
1. Remember Remember - Dario M.
2. Cry Me a River - Julie London
3.. "...Goverments Should Be Afraid of..." - Dario M.
4. Evey's Story - Dario
5. Lust at the Abbey - Dario
6. The Red Diary - Dario
7. Valerie - Dario
8. Evey Reborn - Dario [THIS IS MOST LIKELY THE SONG]
9. I Found a Reason - Cat Power
10. England Previals - Dario
11. The Dominoes Fall - Dario
12. Bird Gerhl - Anthony & THe Johnsons
13. Knices and Bullets (And Cannons Too) - Dario

EDIT: I'd Like to Confirm it is the song tittled: Evey Reborn by Dario Marianelli From V for Vendetta OST

FYI...

I have it on excellent authority that the track at 0:46 - 1:52 and 5:04 - 5:54 is definitely from Hybrid's upcoming album. The track may be titled "Dreamstalker" but I can't confirm that. :)

Cheers,

Dave

how about at around 6:45? does anyone recognize it as a song?
thanks.

>00:48 - 01:53 - Hybrid - Dreamstalker (UNCONFIRMED) (Mp3 Sample)
>
>
>05:04 - 05:57 - Hybrid - Dreamstalker (UNCONFIRMED) (Mp3 Sample)

These two are in fact called "Hybrid - Just For Today"...... go to www.distinctiverecords.com, register and download it for free as a sample from their forth coming album "I Choose Noise" due out sometime later this year.

Hello all,

That Hybrid track I mentioned earlier (at 0:46 - 1:52 and 5:04 - 5:57) is titled "Just For Today" and will be on the upcoming Hybrid album. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

[edit] Damn! Beaten! :mrgreen:

Dave

me92sc said:
These two are in fact called "Hybrid - Just For Today"...... go to www.distinctiverecords.com, register and download it for free as a sample from their forth coming album "I Choose Noise" due out sometime later this year.

Thanks for the link, I knew I would like this song from the little pieces of it in top gear but the entire thing... it roxxorz my boxxorz. :mrgreen:

"Just for Today" is great. They have a new version of "Cascade" on their new site too.

14:30 - 14:48 - Layo & Bushwacka! - Me and You
14:53 - 15:38 - Layo & Bushwacka! - Me and You
48:45 - 49:11 - Cross Section - Hi Heel Sneakers
51:12 - 51:30 - Quincy Jones feat. Ashford & Simpson - Stuff Like That

Last edited:
02:18 - 02:41 - Daniel Lanois - "Agave"
03:14 - 03:32 - Daniel Lanois - "Two Worlds"
04:43 - 04:54 - Daniel Lanois - "Transmitter"

ADDED
Harry Gregson-Williams - Wall Breached
Nacho Sotomayor - Remember You
Sonic Adventure Project - Waters in Motion
Colder - On My Mind
Colder - Losing Myself
Massive Attack - Atta Boy

Last edited:
03:33 - 04:06

03:33 - 04:06

03:33 - 04:06 XXN1927 - Rap Instrumental #9

I wrote this track back in high school and hadn't heard it for quite a while. When I saw the episode, I kept playing that same segment over and over again trying to figure out why it sounded so familiar. Then it hit me.

I wish they would use more of my music.

ADDED:
03:33 - 04:06 - XXN1927 - Rap Instrumental #9
44:48 - 45:07 - The Lithium Project - Majik Kiosk
45:45 - 45:58 - The Lithium Project - Majik Kiosk

The list is now complete.

Last edited:
It doesnt seem to be right :( Im watching it on amazon instant video.

- - - Updated - - -

The song at 53:03 seems different that thats mentioned here. Any idea what it is?