[08x04] October 31st, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Jason Plato tests the new Mercedes-Benz S Class. Tom Ford drives a one-of-its kind Maserati and a top-of-the range Ferrari and Vicki Butler-Henderson goes head-to-head with Formula One legend Michael Schumacher.
:woot: :drool: :woot:
This is an episode worthy of me jigging school for just to catch the release!! Can't wait!

OMG I can't wait. That Schumi piece looks like it'll be fun.

Wow - they've really gone all out this series haven't they?!

five must have give them quite a budget!

SL65 said:
This is an episode worthy of me jigging school for just to catch the release!! Can't wait!

you haven't been going to school much these days have you?... all I've heard from you is to jig school to go to the autoshow and stuff :p

andyhui01 said:
SL65 said:

you haven't been going to school much these days have you?... all I've heard from you is to jig school to go to the autoshow and stuff :p

dont call it "jigging" school, call it educational field trips.

Tomo Motorsport said:
andyhui01 said:
SL65 said:

dont call it "jigging" school, call it educational field trips.
Yeh! Its errr physics?? :huh:

So whats this "one of its kind" Maserati that Tom drives? Can I assume MC Hammer?

yeah its the birdcage he drove it on the goodwood speed festival this year

possible spoiler:

in TG magazine he even wrote he stalled it at the start

ok, so why the fuck are they putting vicki to compete with schumacher?????? She is the worst driver on the show, except for Tom but he doesnt do any hardcore racing.

bartboy9891 said:
ok, so why the fuck are they putting vicki to compete with schumacher?????? She is the worst driver on the show, except for Tom but he doesnt do any hardcore racing.

Cause its likely in schumacher's contract that he has to win any promotional "race", therefore, put someone out there that might not have a chance at keeping up with him to get said promotion. I wouldn't put it past ferrari.

bartboy9891 said:

Calm down - I highly doubt it's a normal race - what would be the point? The clips at the start of episode one showed Schumacher in what looked like a fuel economy car, so my guess is VBH and MS compete in a fuel economy competition.

fbc said:
bartboy9891 said:

Calm down - I highly doubt it's a normal race - what would be the point? The clips at the start of episode one showed Schumacher in what looked like a fuel economy car, so my guess is VBH and MS compete in a fuel economy competition.
i wasnt getting angry, its just that they chose her to do the M5 bit which Plato would have done a lot better and now this. They should just leave the racing stuff to Tiff and Plato.

idiots

idiots

What is wrong with everyone here? I feel compelled to tell you all right now that you are ALL ignorant. You ALL complain about Vicki, but none of you can out-drive her. She is an accomplished racer, and that is what makes her unique. Vicki does many of the races because she has the knowledge and the skill.

You guys can have your opinions about how she isn't the presenter you wished she were. However, her racing skill outshines every kid on this board. Do you guys honestly believe BMW would allow a driver of lower caliber than Vicki to race alongside a multimillion dollar machine?!

I've let out my little rant, so you boys and girls can go back to your little party. By the way, I noticed earlier people commented about her figure. You people are all caught up in Hollywood glam because the real world doesn't all have stick figure women.

So let me reiterate for the slow kids on this board: You kids are ignorant at BEST.

Re: idiots

youareallidiots said:
So let me reiterate for the slow kids on this board: You kids are ignorant at BEST.

I think I read that bit too quickly. Could you type it again, and a bit slower this time. :p

Not everyone here is ignorant though. I have no problem with her driving. She's certainly a much better driver than I am. Don't make the mistake of judging everyone from a few posts. And they tend to be from the same people all the time.

youareallidiots said:
What is wrong with everyone here? I feel compelled to tell you all right now that you are ALL ignorant. You ALL complain about Vicki, but none of you can out-drive her. She is an accomplished racer, and that is what makes her unique. Vicki does many of the races because she has the knowledge and the skill.

You guys can have your opinions about how she isn't the presenter you wished she were. However, her racing skill outshines every kid on this board. Do you guys honestly believe BMW would allow a driver of lower caliber than Vicki to race alongside a multimillion dollar machine?!

I've let out my little rant, so you boys and girls can go back to your little party. By the way, I noticed earlier people commented about her figure. You people are all caught up in Hollywood glam because the real world doesn't all have stick figure women.

:lol: Vicky, sorry, us guys can be critical of how a woman drives. We'r also critical about other things about you like your figure but believe me in all truth, your a very nice girl :blush:

Your right anyway, BMW wouldnt let some sub-standard driver get behind the wheel and drive alongside an F1 car. Thats why they chose you. We do all have tremendous respect for you as a driver, its just that its hard comparing you to Tiff when he's soo talented!

hokiethang said:
bartboy9891 said:

Cause its likely in schumacher's contract that he has to win any promotional "race", therefore, put someone out there that might not have a chance at keeping up with him to get said promotion. I wouldn't put it past ferrari.
None of the Fifth Gear presenters would have a chance in a race against Schumacher!
He is a very, very, very good driver, maybe the best driver in the world. Even though Tiff and Jason are racing drivers too, there's no way they would beat MS. Compared to him they're mediocre at best.

And BTW, I'm not only saying this because I'm German. I'm neither a big fan of Schumacher nor do I care about F1. It's a fact.

cya
Oliver

fbc said:
bartboy9891 said:

Well you are right about one thing, it isnt a normal race. but the car aint an economy car:

ms.jpg

youareallidiots said:

Vicki is a good driver. BUT! she is easily out of her league when it comes to Tiff or Plato.

Status
Not open for further replies.