[08x05] June 4th, 2006

Ripplin said:
Nah, I can do that myself. I was just pointing out that while he's asking about the legality of using screencaps here, his avatar is a screencap, so...:p

hahah
I had that question in my message for two minutes or so. and then I realised how stupid I was to ask :D

I want a hair like jackies...

you mean may's? lol

i gonna get meself some white rimmed sunglasses.

i think this episode is kinda weak... a bit boring... i love the visual effects though :shock:
My favourite bits was the news and the racing lesson... very good. But i was a little annoyed at the way Jeremy reviewed the C6. I know it was spose to be funny (maybe) by disliking it for not being the crazy car that it was anymore. But damn that car is flash!

I'm ungry for supercar reviews... gimme me more... :cry:

skr said:
To see Jackie Stewart in action was amazing....and on such a beautiful track made it even more worth watching.
Those sunglasses rocked....I wish I had a pair of those:D

Yeah, it was Oulton Park, a great place and I reccomend it to anyone if they ever want to watch some live racing.

It would have been great if Hammond and Clarkson had have driven around the same track as James to see if they were now slower than Captain Slow!

I just played another round of Gran Turismo 4, and browsing my garage, I stumbled over the Hyundai Clix (2001):

http://img126.imageshack.**/img126/7065/inhyundaiclix8wo.th.jpg

Does anyone else see any parallels to the Prodrive P2?

http://img126.imageshack.**/img126/5859/46043c7566ec91998uh.th.jpg

The Hyundai has a 2.2 litre 4-cylinder turbo with 303hp and 4WD. Sounds pretty similar to me. Just a coincidence, or a rude copy by prodrive? <_<

lol jeremy mistakes the blow off valve for the wastegate! :p

and the blow off valve on that prodrive makes me tingly!

Just to think about jackie's explanation about not go on and off the throttle, the stig on the Prodrive P2 lap time, he went off and on the throttle. I dont know if anyone noticed that

amaank said:

There practically the same thing. Theres no real need to be that picky.
Admittedly a waste gate is silent but he does say he knows nothing about turbos so give him a break.

you're dumb, they are not the same thing, AT ALL.

edit: to elaborate, the wastegate bleeds EXHAUST gasses off to keep the turbo from over boosting, the blow off valve(or pop off valve or like 10^10 other names) bleeds air from the INTAKE side to alleviate compressor surge.

two different devices, two different purposes. No, they are not basically the same thing, at all.

also, both BOVs and wastegates can be loud or silent, depending on thier design and how you run them. The twin Tial setup on a friends old saab could DEFINATELY be heard when it opened up, but my stock WG barely makes a peep. My stock BOV makes no discernable noise, but my SSQV is quite loud.

The fluttering noise on the Prodrive is due to a lack of a blow-off valve or the blow off valve being poorly adjusted. The sound is the air escaping back through the turbo.
And there really is no need to call me dumb. Just because I don't know the inner workings off a turbo doesn't make me dumb. I'm sure there are plenty of things I know that you don't but that doesn't make you dumb.

I called you dumb cause I was half drunk, sorry about that, but still, they aren't the same thing, at all. Plus niether are the inner workings of the turbo. :D

Hey "half drunk". There are different types of waste gates, some internal, some external. I don't know what the P2 had, but if it's internal, it IS part of the turbo.

hungus said:
Hey "half drunk". There are different types of waste gates, some internal, some external. I don't know what the P2 had, but if it's internal, it IS part of the turbo.
technically it's a peripheral either way. My stock WG is "internal" but is still considered periphery. It's not really "internal" at all, if you've ever looked at one, it just is mated to the turbo exhaust housing rather than the exhaust manifold.

eek didn't mean to start an argument lol!!

But yeah, bov sound..ext. wg sound... big difference. That p2 has an IHI vf39 turbocharger which does indeed have an internal wg and is silent. So yep its the bov making squirrel noises.

peter3hg2 said:
amaank said:

Theres no real need to be that picky.

You're right its no big deal, hence the tonguey face, mate. 8)

Here's something we can all agree on. Less World Cup, more TOP GEAR!!!!! :thumbsup:

It's funny watching all the immigrants get into the world cup and all the natives sit around and go, "WTF?".

"football" is such a joke in America. I watched the brazilians play on TV a little while ago, it was decent. But I went to a match here and it sucked. Boring as hell and nobody but a bunch of vatos went.