[08x06] July 16th, 2006

Looks like more mucking about tonight DIY Caterham production line.

"93 million miles of headroom"

8PM can't come fast enough.

TomCat said:
I loved the part where they were discussing the Ultimate Tow Car and said the Dodge Viper and Humvee.

The Viper held the world caravan-towing speed record a few years back (and might still do, I'm not sure).

I was lying in my bed and watched Eurosport Channel over here in Germany 10 minutes ago and they presented the Toyota F1 Team in a coverage called "One Aim".

Anyway. They interviewed also Olivier Panis, the F1 Driver and guess where he was sitting...

On the tire of a Toyota F1 car, in a very large Hall, in the background where a lot of pylons pointed to a straight line !

It was the exactly same place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least for that part in TG I think I know who the Stig was :D

freeflydodger said:
I was lying in my bed and watched Eurosport Channel over here in Germany 10 minutes ago and they presented the Toyota F1 Team in a coverage called "One Aim".

Anyway. They interviewed also Olivier Panis, the F1 Driver and guess where he was sitting...

On the tire of a Toyota F1 car, in a very large Hall, in the background where a lot of pylons pointed to a straight line !

Will that program be repeated in near future?

I really doubt that Jeremy or Richard would like our type of camping any more, but James May might think it "charming and quaint" or something.

It's not "your" type of camping. They do that here too. There are just different types of it.

Anyway, James and Richard did go camping properly once when testing some convertibles in the wettest place in Britain.

The Viper held the world caravan-towing speed record a few years back (and might still do, I'm not sure).
TG attempted to break the record with a hopped Mitsubishi EVO. They failed, but they ended up dropping the caravan from a crane, so it doesn't really matter :D

Anyway, James and Richard did go camping properly once when testing some convertibles in the wettest place in Britain.
Hey, that's right. They did take a tent, though.

Late in tuning in, but that show was great... except the last part of the camping bit. Come on', putting their camper and the neighboor's on fire? They seem to be going overboard with their stunts in the last few shows.

I did like the review of normal and affordable cars: Ford, Mazda and Peugeot though!

^ Lucky bastard. It's a great car. The only bad thing Jeremy had to say about it was the styling, and I actually like it. It's a shame the 3 MPS turned out like ass (horrible torque steer that the electronics couldn't overcome) :(

*goes back to driving Mazda 323*

I dont?know. I just stopped there while zapping. Have a look at the Eurosport Website maybe.

It was called "One Aim". Maybe it can be found on the net.

Guys, I have a song request for this ep ( i couldn't find a thread in the "What's That Song?" thread for this ep).

I want to know about the background music in the caravan segment.I think it starts with the segment and continues till they reach Dorset.(sorry guys,i don't have that ep right now so i can't give you the time :( )

A big Thanks in advance for helping me out! :thumbsup:

I loved this ep out of all the things you see they pulled out of the caravan they didnt bring out Jeremy's AK47 or was that a fake? The things they were pulling out I mean c'mon I would of gone after my rifle first rather than some burning bathrobe. But nonetheless a classic episiode :thumbsup:

mautzel said:
freeflydodger said:

ONE AIM is a whole series of Toyota adverts. It's shown once in a while.
It's not that long, maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

chvvkumar said:
Guys, I have a song request for this ep ( i couldn't find a thread in the "What's That Song?" thread for this ep).

I want to know about the background music in the caravan segment.I think it starts with the segment and continues till they reach Dorset.(sorry guys,i don't have that ep right now so i can't give you the time :( )

A big Thanks in advance for helping me out! :thumbsup:

Umm...there are about 12 different songs in the caravan segment...
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=12550

~nj?

I cannot search this thread and don't have time to go through 14 pages of thread.

I just notice one thing to day.

WHY STIG IN AN ARAI HELMET IN THE TOYOTA F1 CAR RUN? :cry: :shock:

"Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. ... Stop."

I saw this episode late, but after seeing the news I knew that this would be a 14-page slogfest of "ZOMG ALL AMERICANS ARE FAT AND STUPID" and "ZOMG ALL EUROPEANS ARE PUNY AND WEAK".

That campsite: I've been there before with my parents. It's a giant open field stuffed with campers and SUVs, and tent after tent after tent in a big row. You can't get any privacy if you want to get any sleep because of the 6-children family next to you that won't stop screaming. Naturally, camping is supposed to be a fun family activity, hooray!, so there's billions of small children and the inevitable drunk college crowd looking to tip a few Porter Potties and make fun of people. Proper camping: be a Boy Scout (like me!) :twisted: Ok, not really.

And by the way, WarpSlowPoke, if you're reading this from your middle school recess after skipping English class, you're a fucking idiot. (Just to stick the knife in, sorry.)

peter3hg2 said:
tone76 said:
peter3hg2 said:
Computer wise we have has Linux, Amstrad amongst others.

Since when was Linus Torvalds of British extraction? :D
By "we" i was talking about Europeans not Brits

just to set to records straight...

Linus Torvalds is a FINN (who lives in USA)

I'm getting slightly annoyed, what sort of car's is it that "Jesus" says (twice) that is the only kind he likes? I so can't make it out...
(it's 15 minutes in sorta)