• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

[08x07] November 21st, 2005

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Discuss here if you've seen it.

Er, fixed.

It kinda sucked. The M6 segment is way to short and the crash and auction segment are boring. They didn't even get to do a proper lap in the Miata. This is the worst ep of this season so far.

Wow the crash segment was horrible. Very poor episode, i was figuring they'd step it up because Top Gear is on again, seems they've gotten worse.

Plato woud be a terrible dealer. You don't buy an MG or Tigra to flip it for profit :bangin:. However, he did bring up two valid points, never overpay for a car (kinda duh, but proved itself with the dead clutch), and that the auction customers have changed to individuals. Insightful. But he should have looked at diesel Bimmers or Civics. They sell like hotcakes.

M6 segment was horrible, the "I press the M button and you see me drifting through that corner again" was annoying as hell! And to top it all off, we barely heard the engine. They tried to make the iDrive more user friendly (and I was hoping they'd ridicule JC by clicking twice and saying "there, it's all set"), but I still looked awfully annoying.

MX5 couldn't be bothered watching ... nor the accident scene.

Some may say FG is more factual, but honestly, I can read a spec sheet just fine ... I want to know how the car makes you feel ... and ... well ... after the M6, I have no idea if the car feels as large as it is when driving. Not to start another FG vs TG war, but after the RS4 test ... I can almost feel what it actually feels like to drive the Audi. Not so with the M6. Just a bunch of trivia ("little button, carbon roof, sould this, should that ... not enough extra performance") and spec sheet data. A shame, I think.

awdrifter said:
It kinda sucked. The M6 segment is way to short and the crash and auction segment are boring. They didn't even get to do a proper lap in the Miata. This is the worst ep of this season so far.
Exactly.

Ugh...that was awful. They barely showed Tiff drive the car on the limit. He just kept on pressing that button....they showed it at least 4 times. That wasn't a segment on an M6, it was a segment on the M button....how to configure it and use it. LOL

lol. I see that you guys also share my opinion. What boring peice episode... Why not copy the F430 film and do the same thing with the M6. Fifth Gears strengths are the drivers, and WHY are they not doing crazy drifting and stuff like that all the time`? It's not like any of them does a roadtest that well either...

Strange how they always seem to send out Plato for a bargain hunt when it's so obvious that he's no good with money. :lol:

wow, apparently it was crap. should i even bother downloading it?

I liked the R class test : Big Tom has a nice way of saying that this car is pointless.

About the 4x4, I read in the French Evo magazine that Mercedes made it 4-wheel-drive because Americans usually feel more secure in a 4x4.

Apart from that, the show wasn't as good as what I was expecting.

So disappointed :thumbsdown: I was hopeing for decent M6 review, I even liked that computer fiddling at the beginning it gives an impression that you are really sitting in the car however everything else was juuuust TERRIBLE. As some of you guys mentioned before the strong side of FG are the drivers and M6 would be a perfect car to go nuts with it. Auction and crash segment was way too boring and mx-5 review again missed it's point. R-class segment in my opinion was ok, but you guys must admit that R-class sure is one of the ugliest cars on the market these days :yucky:

Firecat said:
Ugh...that was awful. They barely showed Tiff drive the car on the limit. He just kept on pressing that button....they showed it at least 4 times. That wasn't a segment on an M6, it was a segment on the M button....how to configure it and use it. LOL

Spot on. He was trying to make it seem easy to use. But "I just press the M button" was all I remembered.

As above. Probably the worst episode of this series. And sadly you compare it to the worst TG of this year (i.e. 20 Nov) its still worse.

I like Jon Bentley but that crash thing was boring and uninspiring. I know how they measure accidents. I think most people have a understanding of it. Doesnt mean it needs 10 mins of coverage with no real conclusion at the end.

I didn't find this episode any worse than any previous this season. I thought the swift vs. scooter segment was rather amusing and Tom's review of the R500 was quite funny.

I never complained about Fifth Gear before, but thisi time I must say:
IT WAS CRAP. The only amusing part was the scooterXswift and that "M Button pressing" thingie was just repetitive. Oh, and Tom did a nice review, but other than that, not worth the download.

Nogger said:
Btw. Am I the only one who see the R-Class as the perfect car to go roadtrippin in with a bunch buddies`?

Well with the famous mercedes built quality you wouldn't get far with it :lol: Despite that it should be great car comfortable quick etc. but I think that it is too sophisticated for road trips. Unless of course you're sort of person who enjoys partying while wearing a tie sipping wine and listening to symphony orchestra. :| Still it's exterior design is in the same league as this :thumbsdown: :yucky:

^The R-class may not be the looker in the mercedes-family, but comparing it to the Rodius is a bit unfair I think....