[08x08] July 30th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,325
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
[08x08] 2006.07.30


RadioTimes.com said:
In the last show of the series Jeremy, James and Richard are going out in style, behind the wheels of their very own white vans. They take on the ultimate challenge for any white van driver - working as a real life roadie for The Who. Ray Winstone is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car and Jenson Button will be tackling the Liana in the F1 Driver Challenge.

Oh what a short series :( But from reading the series preview, I'm quite excited about watching the white van challange :D
 

TC

aka TomCat
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
11,334
Re: [08x08] July 30th, 2006

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Oh what a short series :(
Yeah and there were no epic cross-euro races either. There were a few highlights, but it has been an otherwise boring series.

I sure hope this white van challenge is good. I was kinda hoping for some test-it-to-destruction challenges, but now it's looking like they're just going to be running errands for a band. <_<
 

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
7,089
Location
Rottal-Inn
Car(s)
BMW M235i
I guess they knew that they need something pretty darn special to top off the last few races... I bet they'll do one when they have the right idea...
 

Dino

aka Dins
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
1,805
Location
DUS
Didn't the preview article state this?:

Kit car challenge
Kit cars have been conspicuous by their absence on Top Gear. Well, rejoice stout fingernail breakers, because the Top Gear team is about to join your ranks, as we tasked Jeremy, Richard and James with building a whole Caterham, from scratch, against the clock.
And, to make things more interesting, our boys would be competing against another car-building team comprising Jeremy's wife, Richard's wife and James's girlfriend. Warning: This item may contain strong language, fist fights and scenes of a divorce-related nature.

I was kinda looking forward to this challenge and wonder if they have changed it.

This part is also missing:

It's not rocket science. Oh wait, it is
The climax of this year's Top Gear Winter Olympics special was the spectacular launch of a Mini off a ski-jump. And credit for the car's graceful flight goes to our friends at the British Rocketry Association.
Buoyed by that unlikely success, we asked them what else they could do, and naturally they suggested turning a Reliant Robin into the Space Shuttle.
So, with some light modifications, an unloved three-wheeler was transformed into an accurate replica of a NASA orbiter. Then we bolted rocket motors to the Reliant's belly, winched it onto a launch pad in the middle of an East Anglian airfield and retreated to a safe place. Which ideally would have been New Zealand.
 

optimusprime

Active Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
336
Location
IL US
Dins said:
And, to make things more interesting, our boys would be competing against another car-building team comprising Jeremy's wife, Richard's wife and James's girlfriend. Warning: This item may contain strong language, fist fights and scenes of a divorce-related nature.
That'll be brilliant if only for the women... I can only imagine what kind of woman would date James May. :lol:
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,325
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
optimusprime said:
Dins said:
And, to make things more interesting, our boys would be competing against another car-building team comprising Jeremy's wife, Richard's wife and James's girlfriend. Warning: This item may contain strong language, fist fights and scenes of a divorce-related nature.
That'll be brilliant if only for the women... I can only imagine what kind of woman would date James May. :lol:
The Queen.
 

maximilian

Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
11
Does anybody else wonder what the hell has happend to the alfa romeo 159 review? at the beginning of the season they showed a clip of james testing it.
 

maximilian

Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
11
Seem daft to kill the alfa romeo 159 bit. Seeing as how its one of the more important cars of this year, and the fact that alfa romeo have always been loved on TG. "youre not a real petrol head if you havent ownd an alfa" JC.

Shame.
 

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
5,948
Location
Manchester, UK
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
I was just wondering if they might make an extra episode. Theres still a few things missing from the series preview such as the Rocket Reliant Robin and the Alfa review.
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,325
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
^Ahhh so theres another bit missing from this series :unsure:


Well according to the preview I posted, there will be three features in this episode:

1.) White van challange
2.) RPC
3.) RPC (F1)

^Surely with that schedule, they'll have space to fit at least one segment. I hope we get to see James May (awesome presenter) in the 159 (awesome car). I was really looking forward to that.
 

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
5,948
Location
Manchester, UK
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
Waaaaaiiiiiiiiitttttttttt a minute. What about the race to the German football stadium with a piece of turf. Some serious shit is goin on here.

Edit: and the jumping across the city geezer against a Pug 207.
 

Evo7

Not A Dude
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
595
Location
Norwich, UK
Car(s)
Ford Capri Laser 1.6 and a M reg pegeot 205 lol
^That's quite a few episodes worth of stuff they've missed out. I don't think they can show the race with the turf because that was supposed to tie in with the world cup.


SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
optimusprime said:
Dins said:
And, to make things more interesting, our boys would be competing against another car-building team comprising Jeremy's wife, Richard's wife and James's girlfriend. Warning: This item may contain strong language, fist fights and scenes of a divorce-related nature.
That'll be brilliant if only for the women... I can only imagine what kind of woman would date James May. :lol:
The Queen.
That would expain why he's got pictures of her all over his house.
 

osabros

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
683
Re: [08x08] July 30th, 2006

RadioTimes.com said:
In the last show of the series Jeremy, James and Richard are going out in style, behind the wheels of their very own white vans. They take on the ultimate challenge for any white van driver - working as a real life roadie for The Who. Ray Winstone is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car and Jenson Button will be tackling the Liana in the F1 Driver Challenge.
the liana?? these people aren't really updated...

and it seems we won't have in this series:
peugeot 207 vs. city jumper guys
alfa 159
reliant robin into space shuttle
shooting hammond (from a long time ago)

it's a shame, i was really looking forward to alfa review :(
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,325
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Re: [08x08] July 30th, 2006

osabros said:
RadioTimes.com said:
In the last show of the series Jeremy, James and Richard are going out in style, behind the wheels of their very own white vans. They take on the ultimate challenge for any white van driver - working as a real life roadie for The Who. Ray Winstone is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car and Jenson Button will be tackling the Liana in the F1 Driver Challenge.
the liana?? these people aren't really updated...
Thats for the F1 board remember? ;)

The F1 board only has a handfull of names on it so they'll continue to use the Liana, which is kinda nice to see it still being apart of the show.
 

Amanaman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
603
Location
Bristol, UK
Car(s)
2007 Seat Ibiza 1.4 16v Stylance
Well, considering the first post doesn't state any kind of car review I'd say there is a good chance that the Alfa review will feature here. The rocket powered Reliant however... :(
 

osabros

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
683
Re: [08x08] July 30th, 2006

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
osabros said:
RadioTimes.com said:
In the last show of the series Jeremy, James and Richard are going out in style, behind the wheels of their very own white vans. They take on the ultimate challenge for any white van driver - working as a real life roadie for The Who. Ray Winstone is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car and Jenson Button will be tackling the Liana in the F1 Driver Challenge.
the liana?? these people aren't really updated...
Thats for the F1 board remember? ;)
oh, right :oops: . forgot about that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top