• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

[08x08] November 28th, 2005

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
31,044
Location
Portland, Oregon
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
If you've seen it, discuss here. :)

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Jason Plato gets an exclusive drive in the new Ford Focus ST, Tiff Needell plots a course for a London Grand Prix, and Jon Bentley investigates roadblocks.

And not so exclusive of a drive of the Focus ST it seems. :lmao:
 
lol, TG got to it 24 hours in advance :mrgreen:
 
Good episode. Bring the Focus ST over here and you've got one customer for sure.

Now only one thing: 427 cubic inches does not equal 5.7 L ;). 5.7 is a small block 350 cubic inch engine. 427 cubic inch is 7 L. Like the Vette's engine.
 
Re: [08x08] November 28th, 2005

Viper007Bond said:
And not so exclusive of a drive of the Focus ST it seems. :lmao:

hehe, I had a little chuckle at that too

I dont know if im mistaken, and I dont want to turn this into a TG thread, but that environmental test center looks like its up-and-coming on TG. We see it in the montage with hamster being really cold inside a car (I cant watch the episode as its on my computer thats a fair few miles away)
 
Haha, I noticed that 427 mistake too. I was thinking, did I heard it wrong, and I click back and checked, but he really said 427 ci=5.7L. :lol: That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Too bad there's too many cars around and he couldn't drive fast. It would be pretty fun to have a race in those streets. Maybe Sony need to add a London street track in GT5. :p I saw the new IS350 in rl, it looks great, I think it looks better than the BMW 3 series. The CLS55 looks great, that's one badass car. The Jag just can't compare. Pretty good episode.
 
Re: [08x08] November 28th, 2005

Viper007Bond said:
And not so exclusive of a drive of the Focus ST it seems. :lmao:

It sounds like the exclusive bit was just the behind the scenes stuff watching it being developed. That is the way I understood it in this episode anyway but that quote does make it sound like the drive is exclusive.
 
Yeah, I hadn't seen the episode at the time. Still though... :lol:
 
Tom ford likes the new IS ... i bet 50bucks that JC also likes it
(they have almost the same taste)
nice to se a review (short) of it .. to bad it was the diesel :/
(remember .. the IS350 has been tested to be faster then the M3(E46))

i like this episode.. (what a shock!)
 
I dont like to have a go at 5G, but the current run of fairly un-interesting episodes is making me consider not watching it anymore.

Focus ST review was a day late, they should of shown it last week to usurp TG.

"London GP" was pretty rubbish. OK Im a Londoner, so maybe its not got the same gravitas as non Londoners might feel.

Vermeulen Drag. I like Vermin, but Im so sick of VBH so that ruined that!

Shootout, again Tiff driving is always a joy to watch. But again VBH prompting him on the name of the car is just idiotic!

Crash thing. Im so sick of these "action sequences" same goes on TG. The Limo job, the bus jump, the caravan jump are all so boring!

Lexus review was good, but why a Desease-ell! Like Tom as ever, as he has a different approach.

I wish they could make the show they can make rather than not putting any real effort in.
 
RichW said:
Lexus review was good, but why a Desease-ell! Like Tom as ever, as he has a different approach.

I'd of thought its becayse the Diesel is the one that most people considoring the car are going to buy, TG did the same when the new 3 Series came out because that was the one that most people are going to buy.

Anyway, thought it was an alright episode, the ST review was pretty good but had already been upstaged the day before. The Tiff Needle GP was pretty poor, should of actually done a review of a car at the same time really. Drag race was pointless as was the stunt crap at the end.

Still enjoyed it more than previous episodes.
 
I also think that Jason Plato's review of the Focus ST was miles more thorough than Jeremy's.

And the Lexus IS220d review was great. I've driven the car (IS350) and I thought the same about it. It's like a softer, more comfortable version of the 3-series. But I still prefer the feel of the 3 though.

I'm sure glad that FG has the balls to criticise a Jaguar for once! As they all said on the show, it looked like a poor handling car from the track footage.
 
RichW said:
Focus ST review was a day late, they should of shown it last week to usurp TG.

Then we'd be saying "Why didn't top Gear put it in last week's show to beat fifth gear." And if they did, we'd be saying "They should have put it on yesterday to beat Top Gear."

Z Draci said:
I'm sure glad that FG has the balls to criticise a Jaguar for once! As they all said on the show, it looked like a poor handling car from the track footage.

To quote JC, it looked like it "...handles like a baby donkey."

~nj?
 
NecroJoe said:
RichW said:
Focus ST review was a day late, they should of shown it last week to usurp TG.

Then we'd be saying "Why didn't top Gear put it in last week's show to beat fifth gear." And if they did, we'd be saying "They should have put it on yesterday to beat Top Gear."

Z Draci said:
I'm sure glad that FG has the balls to criticise a Jaguar for once! As they all said on the show, it looked like a poor handling car from the track footage.

To quote JC, it looked like it "...handles like a baby donkey."

~nj?
Yeh but the diffrence is that FG is calling this an "exclusive" drive of the ST as if no one else has got it.
 
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
NecroJoe said:
RichW said:
Focus ST review was a day late, they should of shown it last week to usurp TG.

Then we'd be saying "Why didn't top Gear put it in last week's show to beat fifth gear." And if they did, we'd be saying "They should have put it on yesterday to beat Top Gear."

Z Draci said:
I'm sure glad that FG has the balls to criticise a Jaguar for once! As they all said on the show, it looked like a poor handling car from the track footage.

To quote JC, it looked like it "...handles like a baby donkey."

~nj?
Yeh but the diffrence is that FG is calling this an "exclusive" drive of the ST as if no one else has got it.

it was exclusive at the time of filming.
 
awdrifter said:
Haha, I noticed that 427 mistake too. I was thinking, did I heard it wrong, and I click back and checked, but he really said 427 ci=5.7L. :lol:

i did exactly the same thing too :lol:
 
I liked the reviews in this episode, especially Tom with the Lexus. They should give him more tasks and air-time. London GP segment = seriously boring. Otherwise, ok episode.
 
I think most of us agree that we liked this episode (the best so far this series), and I think I know why....

They used the same format as on the 1/2-hour shows, with the same emphasis and the same people doing what they do best, the "chat" didn't sound so prepared and false as in other eps and, for once, no jibes at or attempts to copy TG.
 
Oh yeah, and the "exclusive" Focus ST test wasn't billed as such in the show.. Plato says "an exclusive look behind the scenes" or something like that, not that they had the world exclusive on just testing it.
 
Top