[09x01] January 28th, 2007

hahaha the whole roadwork part was hilarious, clarkson chucking james chips on the floor:lol:

Great episode, great cinematography, great music. Fantastic that its back and what a way. Seeing the crash and the runs before was quite nerve wracking, never knew if it was THE crash. Could see Jezza and May feeling slightly emotional. Noticed when Jezza said he was too tall, that James had a look on his face as kind of guilt perhaps as it was he who was supposed to do that piece.
Great episode, cant wait for next week

Yeh it was an OK episode, what you would expect from the start of a series that has been delayed by several months due to the circumstances. Good to see them start the series off with 2 Brit cars :D All in all maybe 7 out of 10.. Love the Stig's new entertainment :lol:

Thought Jamie Oliver was good, wasn't expecting it to be, but talking about Chilli making you high was awesome

Last edited:
Good stuff all round, if not consistently brilliant. The crash segment was well handled, although Jeremy taking the piss grated a bit.

When you know the "how hard can it be?" segments are staged (although the emergency stop seemed very real judging by the reactions) then they seem even funnier.

"Cod and chips...75 times. And a sausage."

I loved it. Great cars, hilarious roadworks and of course that crash. I liked Richards entrance!

Didn't care much for the "roadworks" much in league with the camping holiday only without the sparkle. Jag and AM great. Richards enterance and the crash which was going to be the highlight of the show saved what otherwise would have been a very mediocre episode.

A somewhat disjointed episode I felt, in some ways. Strangely, for an opening episode there was no montage preview of the upcoming series or a news segment, with the star in a reasonably priced car brought forward. But, I suppose it was a special episode featuring that crash. It was quite well handled I felt, but the rest of the episode was disappointing. Whilst the road works segment was humerous at times, it was overall a bit flat, and an odd way to start the episode with.

Seemed like this episode was more of a tribute to the hamster's crash more than anything... but that's just my opinion.

What a great start to the series! It takes a lot to make me laugh but some comments from the roadworks along with Jeremy's motivational speeches made me cackle a few times!

Do you think they're going to be able to manage NOT to mention the crash again? The promise felt genuinely heart-felt but come on, it's like number 1 in top gear history!

Come on producers.. do the crash again backwards and make a world record LOL!

A pretty average episode overall as some bits were great, others crap. I never realised what a twat Jamie Oliver is until tonight. The roadworks thing was funny and does give a bit of an insight as to why they are so slow, but im not convinced about the Jag, especially in red!

Hopefully now the dust has settled over the Hammond thing, the rest of the series will be its usual, feature packed, hilarious self. Tonight's episode wasnt.

the jag was the best bit, music from the usual suspects, and clarkson on his whole opinionated form - that's what makes the show imo, the rest is just the best damn filler on the planet.

the roadworks bit was a bit of them tooting their own horn, but it was still good

the entrance of hammond though, that was just funny as fuck.

oh yeah, my question.... what did that gobshite in the audience shout out?

i think this week was abit rough round the edges coz they had the issue of the crash and all that

next week should be like normal:D

Fantastic to have TG back. Don't like to grumble but......... not enough car action/reviews.

Hammond welcome back - 6 mins
Road works (part 1) - 11 mins
Jamie Oliver - 10 mins
Jag XKR (+ Stig lap) - 11 mins
Road works (part 2) - 10 mins
Hammond accident - 12 mins

it looked live to me. the video was just different, you can tell. and i don't think they had make up on. i don't mind that they only had 2 cars, and they didn't have the news, because they just wanted to get some funny action in.

Last edited:
Fantastic to have TG back. Don't like to grumble but......... not enough car action/reviews.

Hammond welcome back - 6 mins
Road works (part 1) - 11 mins
Jamie Oliver - 10 mins
Jag XKR (+ Stig lap) - 11 mins
Road works (part 2) - 10 mins
Hammond accident - 12 mins

err it was a 1/6 jag review, and 1/5 car crash, that's over 1/3 of the epsiode on cars alone, not to mention star in a reasonably priced car :p and 1/3 on roads - lots of cars there - what ya complainin about? :p

I agree with you there Matt. Just seemed different in viewing quality.

scene rip is up, see the news page, now quit askin for it or hoping for it.

was a good ep, as always the star in car was the dullest section only once have i watched one* without pleading at the tv to get a move on and go back to the cars. it was bound to a bit disjointed given the circumstances.

intersting how you could see the darkspot on the tyre just before it popped, damage was done by that point a crash of some degree was inevitable.

*sir ranulph fines