[09x01] January 28th, 2007

I was so nervous and scared for him when they were replaying the crash. At the end of the first two clips I was expecting to say that they weren't going to show it. When it wasn't the first one whilst the second one was playing the air was just so tense.

it looked live to me. the video was just different, you can tell. and i don't think they had make up on. i don't mind that they only had 2 cars, and they didn't have the news, because they just wanted to get some funny action in.

it definately didnt look like they did any editing to the crash footage bar cutting and shutting. and yeah when JC intro'd the stig and paused before saying " all we know is...."

it didnt seem like a planned pause....more of a mind else where...forgotten my lines pause.

next week should be back to how it used to be. this week with the crash to be aired and bigging up hammond's return just got in the way of the usual format.

still its 100% better than the rest of the drivel on the TV at 8pm

it didnt seem like a planned pause....more of a mind else where...forgotten my lines pause.

I don't think he was expecting that much of a reaction to the worthless little bitch line.

I was so nervous and scared for him when they were replaying the crash. At the end of the first two clips I was expecting to say that they weren't going to show it. When it wasn't the first one whilst the second one was playing the air was just so tense.

yeah i thouhgt....shit they arent gonna show it. my heart rate was definately on the up by the third clip though...suspense FTW!

I don't think he was expecting that much of a reaction to the worthless little bitch line.

it wasnt really that funny was it? but mostly true though. i dont think she's racist because she intends to be, she's just too stupid to know any better.

I thought it was a great ep.
It may have been disjointed, but it was worth it for THAT crash. My heart rate was through the roof, wondering if it was gonna happen in the 1st clip or whenever.
It was worth it.

was a good ep, as always the star in car was the dullest section only once have i watched one* without pleading at the tv to get a move on and go back to the cars. it was bound to a bit disjointed given the circumstances.

intersting how you could see the darkspot on the tyre just before it popped, damage was done by that point a crash of some degree was inevitable.

*sir ranulph fines

actually like you say you can see little bits to tyre shredding on the iner shoulder of the tyre, then it moves to the middle and the tyre bursts

if you watch on the 2nd clip (the 314mph) you can see the same shred's just starting on the shoulder of the tyre. did they not check the tyres between runs?

it wasnt really that funny was it?

it was just really unexpected, I've only ever seen clarkson say something like that about neil lyndon.

Well a good episode i thought. The road work segments were funny of course. Aston & the Jag was great. And Boy was the studio PACKED!!! way more than usual imo.
I must admit then tension in the air was thick just before they shown the Hammond crash.

it wasnt really that funny was it?

it was just really unexpected, I've only ever seen clarkson say something like that about neil lyndon.

yeah it sounded pretty serious, a proper dig if u like, and i dont think he does that too often, not to anyone as in the public eye as JG is.

oh yeah, my question.... what did that gobshite in the audience shout out?

From what I heard it was "well done mate, welldone"

I took the liberty of deleting all the download talk. remember kids: every time you talk/ask about a torrent VUK's encode takes him 5 minutes longer.

Edit: Seems like some of you just don't get it. Don't talk about downloads here. It will get you a warning and an infraction.

Last edited:
Some people are saying they thought his eyes were buldging more than normal?!

So, do you think this show was shown live then? It did seem a little odd, and i did think that maybe it was live, but who knows.

Anyway, pasted from another forum, because i cant be bothered retyping;

Well, having watched the crash, its not as bad as i thought it would be. I kinda expected it to be a little like scott riggs wreck at talladega a year or so ago, you know where it fired him up in the air.

Still, looked nasty anyway. Thing is, all those people who said that he shouldnt have been driving because of lack of training, doesnt account for the fact that, no matter who it was, they'd have crashed equally as badly then.

The only thing that should maybe be mentioned is that, were it on a drag strip, he'd have had a few yards to a concrete wall, hit it at roughly 15 degrees and ran along it until the car stopped. On a runway, you dont have that luxury and anything that gets out of control is gonna get scary when the grass comes along.

As for the show itself, wasnt the best top gear episode, though the road paving thing was excellent. The jag review and jamie oliver (boring!) seemed a little hastily put together, though that jag was gorgeous (and even more so in silver!).

Still, great to see them back and you could see the emotion on jeremy's face when talking about the crash afterwards.

yeah, I didn't notice anything weird but there was something odd about him.

He does look Alot more wrinkled imo. Must be on some special diet or something from the doctors. He defiantly looks aged & worn out still.

Some people are saying they thought his eyes were buldging more than normal?!

looks like hes lost a bit of weight, may be from recovery exercises or the diet hes been put on no beer for 3 years or something?

''new slimfast: very fast range, lose pounds at 314mph!'

So, do you think this show was shown live then? It did seem a little odd, and i did think that maybe it was live, but who knows.

always filmed on a wednesday - there was a quote in the news of the world this morning from the episode - the WWI fighter pilot gag.