[09x01] January 28th, 2007

Did anyone catch what that audience guy yelled out right after they showed the crash scene where everyone was silent for a moment?

Did anyone catch what that audience guy yelled out right after they showed the crash scene where everyone was silent for a moment?

Look in the earlier bit in the thread... Basically said what Blitzr said

ff Topic:

Quote:
The date is written DD/MM/YY not the other way
No, it's written YYYY-MM-DD -- largest to smallest unit -- because it's the most logical, no one has to guess what it is and it's ideal for sorting things by date.

Why, yes, I am a programmer, how did you know? [User Posted Image]

Well actually its not, there is very little logical about it and the proper way to do it is our way ( I have experience in programming, and my Father is a software developer with over 30 years experience), and considering this is an English show I would have thought it would have the English format

I think this season they are going to be really hampered by the weather. They have been pushed farther back into the fall/winter than they ever have before.

Yeah... I wonder what's going to happen.

I think it was a fantastic episode. Hammond's sairway/girls introduction was a lil surprising, all studio bits apart from the crash footage were scripted as always.
JC's Jag vs. Aston film was very good, kinda like season 5-6 tests with a bit of a special effects & stuff.
Road works were not so funny, a bit of a comedy with a bit of a educational material, but
Hammond's crash was...

I've heard a lot of talk so far on this thread about wanting more car reviews etc... From what I've read and seen your going to be very dissapointed.

From what I've been told this series is going to be pretty much pissing about for the vast majority of the show - with a few car reviews thrown in for good measure.

Which suits me just fine - the car reviews are REALLY BORING, they're just a filler while I wait for the next big stunt - in fact they're usually a chance to go out for a pee or get a drink.

With 6 episodes and so many big stunts I don't think you'll see more than 1 car review an episode - if that.

I really do hope there wil be a bit more car reviews. I still see topgear as a car show, so I don't really care about the stunts. Although sometimes they are quite funny, they shouldn't take up all the show.

Watching the crash footage for possibly the 7th time today, it's still frightening how quickly it all happened. The first time I watched I admit it didn't seem so bad, but after watching the real time footage several times on tv and on the computer, it still is unbelievable.

I Think it was a good episode. and as people said, you noticed may's hair straight away, you noticed hammond looked a bit worn, clarkson being nice.... but it's almost 6 months since I saw them last so they could obviously have changed... and no top gear dog, perhaps too packed with the huge audience and all.

But was I the only one who saw how upset Jezza looked when Oliver wanted to fry up his dead pet donkey Geoffrey?

oh and roadworks although nessisary are a big annoyance, especially when they arn't done well, just like they said you're forced to slow down on a motorway to 10 mph and then go passed the construction site of the road where no one is working.

Well actually its not, there is very little logical about it and the proper way to do it is our way ( I have experience in programming, and my Father is a software developer with over 30 years experience), and considering this is an English show I would have thought it would have the English format

Meh. Whatever. Americans are always wondering why everything isn't done their way.

Now who in the right mind would let May take care of rerouting traffic? I mean the guy's pafetic at anything connected with navigation. I thought he might have had this one covered since it involved planning, and he's good at that, but no.

I bet Jeremy let him do it just so he could make a mess of it.

I bet Jeremy let him do it just so he could make a mess of it.

I think the producer let him do it. makes for better television, although it was scripted it was quite funny.

i bet james's sense of direction isnt any worse than anyone else they've just said it a couple of times and its stuck, like hammonds teeth.

I thought it was a bit eerie at the beginning with just Clarkson and May standing there, knowing that's what it would be like if Hammond wasn't so lucky. There were quite a few times where I had some "unmanly moments" that James mentioned in those article so many months back.

I enjoyed the roadworks bit. It was very funny and showed that TG can successfully branch out a bit and not just talk about cars all the time. Besides, roads are just as important as the cars themselves (usually).

I enjoyed that very much. There were several occasions when I laughed out loud, but for me, the funniest was when Richard came out: after getting a hug from Jeremy he turned to James - arms out-stretched with the exclamation: "cockface"!

Ratings:

Top Gear's audience last night was 7.9 million - a 30% share. This peaked at 8.6 million for the final quarter of the programme. The biggest audience figure for Top Gear prior to this was 5.3 million. This is the biggest audience figure for BBC2 for some time, the highest figure last year for the channel was 5.3 million for The Apprentice.

Top Gear stuffed Celebrity Big Brother between 8pm and 9pm, BB only managed 4.9 million. (Even after TG finished it still only managed to peak at 7.3 million. Basically, Top Gear beat everything last night.

Last edited:
Let's hope at lease some of that extra 2.6mil. crowd will stick with TG.

Let's hope at lease some of that extra 2.6mil. crowd will stick with TG.

will they fuck, they're all these randoms who just wanted to see the crash - the thread was full of them earlier - the server nearly crashed.

will they fuck, they're all these randoms who just wanted to see the crash - the thread was full of them earlier - the server nearly crashed.

Who cares if they tuned in just to see the crash. It was a good episode, & hopefuly some of em liked the whole show, not just the crash video. The bigger audience, the bigger ratings - the better.

w00t! cheers for the great birthday present TG - bringing back the series on the 28th - awesome stuff! :)

btw - I have this ep of TG recorded on my SkyHD box, if anyone knows how I can get stuff off of that and onto the internet, then please let me know - I'll start another thread about it in a minute!

Great to be back (still have no internet btw - logged on at my local library :()