[09x02] February 4th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, you're an engineer with access to all VW's test data for the project then?

Bigger problems have been fixed with less. Look at the 911 and TT's handling quirks. And, having trouble selling them? They sold out the entire 2006 production by the time it was released mid to late 2005.

The top speed is has nothing to do with stability, it's limited to that figure because that's as fast as the bespoke Michelins are rated for.

stability will come into it tho

shorter wheel base cars do tend to ride the bumps worse than a long wheel base car.

when your doing 240mph those bumps are pretty significant. like someone said with the Cd of this car and other losses....it needs a lot more than 1000bhp.

it woud be interesting to see this thing run in a tunnel full of a ligther gas.

i saw a documentary about that testing place in the US, they wanted to make a nuclear missile (unloaded of course) go mach 10 so they constructed a helium filled tent over their impressively straight rail that the bogey would run on (something like straight to within 1000th of an inch in all directions)

that was insane.... a rocket propelled rocket doing mach 10 in a tunnel full of helium, flames galore. (and i think it was mach 10 as in air speed, since lighter mediums have lower speeds of sound and mach number is just the ratio of your speed to the speed of sound mach 1 in air |= mach 1 in water for instance)

To end this discussion regarding the Veyron's cornering abilities, wether they are bad or not, to put it in one way, Jezza himself stated that it corners like an Elise, and in one review, an Enzo couldn't keep up with a Veyron on winding mountain roads.

To continue, I am sure that let's say a F40 would be faster than a McLaren F1 round a track, and from what I've gathered, they didn't have much trouble shifting those around, did they.

Status
Not open for further replies.