[09x02] February 4th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
CMON BUGATTI VEYRON, PLEASE MEET TG TEST TRACK!Q!!!!

Really, when are they gonna send the Veyron around the TG test track?

And also, what do you think about the 3 coupes they're gonna test?

Alfa Romeo Brera vs. Audi TT vs. Mazda RX-8

Last edited:
I can't wait for this one. Simon Pegg rules, theres gonna be one very nice car indeed, some hilarity and another crash. Oh yes.

Koenigsegg wasnt too unhappy, and the STIG crashed the CCX.
hey, hey, that's right they even put the video on their website.

I'm looking forward to captain slow going really really fast!

And i know why nobody knows how fast the veyron can go:
They are always out of fuel! (12,5 minutes worth of fuel at +230mph wtf :? )

i don't mind mind if it doesn't go around the track, as long as we get to see it being stretched by May!

Nice TT and Brera :) and mazda .... I think I know what the will choose ;)

Great avatar :lol:

On the TG web site they've stated its Hugh Grant and not Simon Pegg:(

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/?head

I doubt they will put the Veyron round the track but u never know

I was so hoping some rich jerk would let TG run their Veyron on the track. Frank Mountain (rich jerk) let TG test out the MC12 (although it was on the condition that he could do the lap.)

Last edited:
If I ever win the lottery, I'd let them!

Koenigsegg wasnt too unhappy, and the STIG crashed the CCX.

yeah but theyre a company and that was probably a press demo car.

its different when its actually someones property.... like the enoz was nick masons from pink floyd. it wasnt ferraris car, it was his personal car

Hmm....sound much better than the first episode.

I am still some what concerned about the 3 car/golf -segment. I just hope that it'll be 70% cars and 30% cocking about on a golf course. As for what they will choose the best, you just know that plainly the TT is the best quality, best engine, best drive, but a bit boring and Audi'ish. So then the RX-8 would be the winner, great engine (we'll be hearing the word "wankel" a lot), I think it's fantastic looking, the inside looks great. But sitll all of them would take the Alfa, because....well...it's an Alfa. I actually think that it is ugly, really really ugly. The front is the best there is, but everything else is just rubbish, especially the back, so I will have a hard time listening to them praising it's looks. It will also be the most unreliable, don't know about the prices, but I would assume it's the most expensive. And still they will pick the Alfa.

James's review of the Veyron cannot be bad. Honestly, it just can't go wrong. I don't think I have seen a single bad review from Cpt. Slow.

The star in the Daew.....the Chevrolet.....don't care....just don't care because I have no clue who Simon Pegg is and Hugh Grant is soooooo boring.

Still it's almost certainly going to be better than the fist ep. I am looking forward to this one unlike the previous ep.

It would make sense if it was Simon Pegg doing the Star lap. After all he's got a new film out; hence publicity and all that.

James in any car will be great. If it's the Veyron; cool, hope he finds something to say about it that Clarkson hasn't already covered. Gold though his reviews are, it would be nice if we could see a bit more of him; enough to make him less of the "other bloke."

It would make sense if it was Simon Pegg doing the Star lap. After all he's got a new film out; hence publicity and all that.

pegg's doing it in a later episode

grants doing it tomorrow and he has a film out soon or something

A lot sooner than Simon Pegg, too. Feb 14 compared to late March / early April.

A lot sooner than Simon Pegg, too. Feb 14 compared to late March / early April.

It's being released in the UK on 14th ;) Damn I want to see Hot Fuzz.

That spin out couldn't of had anything to do with the pile of sand in the roadway could have it?

the sand wasn't on the roadway its what the Bugatti picked up on its little adventure. the veyron will never do 288mph stability problems or not i don't have the equations to hand but for an extra 40mph at that speed you will need like 75% more power with the same CoD.

also hugh grant instead of pegg? :( the star-in-a-car bit is dull enough as it is.

the sand wasn't on the roadway its what the Bugatti picked up on its little adventure. the veyron will never do 288mph stability problems or not i don't have the equations to hand but for an extra 40mph at that speed you will need like 75% more power with the same CoD.

also hysterisis losses from tyres goes way up at a certain point

VW claims that they've solved the instability problem. Ha ha.

Their solution? Rather than reengineer the car to make it longer, they just put a speed limiter on it, played with the suspension a bit and cranked up the dynamic stability control. If that sounds like a bandaid fix to you, you're not alone in thinking that. Apparently rich people aren't *quite* stupid enough to fall for that.

Right, you're an engineer with access to all VW's test data for the project then?

Bigger problems have been fixed with less. Look at the 911 and TT's handling quirks. And, having trouble selling them? They sold out the entire 2006 production by the time it was released mid to late 2005.

Um, no.

The Veyron is speed-limited because it's unstable. The wheelbase is too short in proportion to its width.

The top speed is has nothing to do with stability, it's limited to that figure because that's as fast as the bespoke Michelins are rated for.

Status
Not open for further replies.