[09x03] February 11th, 2007 [America Special]

Hey guys,

Nice to see so many people contributing to this list!
I was wondering, as I can not find a full episode to watch and marry the times to on the list...what is piece of music playing when the 3 guys are driving off the main roads, where clarkson is saying 'sun is setting, im with me mates...'.

The sun is shown beginning to go down in the sky, and the music is sort of humming, and soothing.

Id really love to know this, thanks to anyone who can relate to what I mean!

Driving scene montage

Driving scene montage

Hello everyone.

I need some help. I'm trying to find the name of a classical music piece that was played on this "American Special" epsiode. In the montage scene where the guys are all driving through Alabama in their newly decorated cars and they're recieving furious glares from other drivers; there is a strong piece of classical music playing in the background. It ends just as they pull up at the petrol station. I love that song and I need to find out what it's name is. I don't have the DVD I only saw it on TV. Can anyone help me?

That's Vangelis' "1492, Conquest of Paradise", as performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

That's Vangelis' "1492, Conquest of Paradise", as performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
Sorry, but that definitley isn't it. I downloaded that song and it isn't the one I heard on the show.:( Maybe the Australian version is different. The song I'm looking for was also on the Seven Wonders of the Industrial World documentary, if that helps.

Last edited:
I had another listen to the video, and I know for sure it's not Vangelis, that song came before the segment i'm talking about. It seems to be the lexighton hotel track since that goes for about 2 minutes, but i can't find it on limewire. I'll keep looking.

Hello everyone.

I need some help. I'm trying to find the name of a classical music piece that was played on this "American Special" epsiode. In the montage scene where the guys are all driving through Alabama in their newly decorated cars and they're recieving furious glares from other drivers; there is a strong piece of classical music playing in the background. It ends just as they pull up at the petrol station. I love that song and I need to find out what it's name is. I don't have the DVD I only saw it on TV. Can anyone help me?

Is this the song: http://raintz.googlepages.com/13ThomasNewman-LexingtonHotelRoom143.mp3 ???

Ahhh! That explains it. The American version's music is different to the one they broadcast on SBS in Australia. Same footage, different music. SBS must have put in a different song for copyright reasons or something. Thanks raintz99!

hi all

can anyone tell me the name of the tune near the end, where the three presenters are a bit emotionasl at getting rid of their cars after all that they have been through?

its a piano based tune

apprecaite it

hi all

can anyone tell me the name of the tune near the end, where the three presenters are a bit emotionasl at getting rid of their cars after all that they have been through?

its a piano based tune

apprecaite it

I think it's: Mogwai - Auto Rock

Hi i was wondering does anyone know the name of song just before Cher's - Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves is played? It starts just after the thunderstorm clears.
Thank you in advance

Hi i was wondering does anyone know the name of song just before Cher's - Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves is played? It starts just after the thunderstorm clears.
Thank you in advance

There is a song list beginning of this thread!

Selector - Celebrate the Bullet

Hey peeps.
Looking at this version of the episode from the official YouTube channel:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lkl_h7eC2kU

Can someone please tell me the song playing in the background at 3 minutes? I watched the entire episode to get the timings for the list, but the songs played are different, so the list hasn't got that song in (maybe it was edited for copyright).

Can someone tell me what that song is please?
Cheers.
Wilko

Hi guys...

This is annoying me now :p :p, what's the song, (piano based) at the end of this episode?! I can't seem to find it and it's definitely not the last one in the list... Any hints would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi guys...

This is annoying me now :p :p, what's the song, (piano based) at the end of this episode?! I can't seem to find it and it's definitely not the last one in the list... Any hints would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex.

Maybe it's Mogwai - Auto Rock (one before the last song). If it's not, can you find that song in this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lkl_h7eC2kU

Oops, yes, that is it... Sorry! The version on Spotify is not the same as what was on there :)

Last edited: