[09x03] February 11th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how Jeremy picks on Americans considering how closely he matches the American stereotype:

- Loud: check
- Overweight: check
- Arrogant: check
- No style: check
- Thinks guns are cool: check

We should make him an honorary US citizen :)

:lol:

You know the funny thing about it all...and I think I speak for most American's when I say this...we love Clarkson. Clarkson wouldn't be Clarkson if he didn't make crude anti-everyothercounty jokes whenever possible. I would trade every one of my car-magazine subscriptions just for one Clarkson review.

The thing that gets to us Yanks is the aftermath of such a popular, hilarious, and well-respected man taking innumerable shots at us. There is so much anti-American sentiment on this board, (particularly from the British), that it leads me to believe many of these users form their opinions about Americans largely from what they hear in their popular media; Clarkson being a prime example. Honestly, what has the U.S. or any American ever done to you? I don't hate the Brits, far from it. There are NO American television programs that routinely make fun of the British. I don't make fun of the dismal British car industry, yet so many of you absolutely revel in your negative stereotypes about American cars. I guess I just don't understand where all the hatred comes from.

Ahhh, but I guess that's just the way it is. Things never change. Whatever, I can't wait for this ep. Likely to be one of the funniest of all time.

JC doesnt hate the US. He just loves to make fun Americans. I remember watching a episode of Motorworld where he covered Detroit. He absolutely fell in love with Motown. And he made fun of the Lincoln town car which was expected. It was a very nice episode. After watching that i dont take JC's America bashing seriously at all. He is just having fun catering to a British audience.

OT: I felt very sad watching the state of downtown Detroit. I hope things have improved. Though obviously being in India i dont know much about Detroit except about its car culture. :)

OT: I felt very sad watching the state of downtown Detroit. I hope things have improved. Though obviously being in India i dont know much about Detroit except about its car culture. :)

Did you hear about the prisoner that escaped in Detroit?

They found him 20 minutes later 5 blocks away, he was mugged and beaten.

It's funny how Jeremy picks on Americans considering how closely he matches the American stereotype:

- Loud: check
- Overweight: check
- Arrogant: check
- No style: check
- Thinks guns are cool: check

We should make him an honorary US citizen :)

lol

now that you point it out ..... you're right. only trouble is he's terribly patriotic when it comes to england, wales and scotland dont get no love from him either haha

australians havent been cool in america since paul hogan, lol

Who cares? We Americans think Australia is pretty damned cool place. And the people who live there!...no wonder Australia is called "The lucky country". You'll find if you ask an American, that we are quite fascinated by the world outside of ours...its just that our country is gigantic...

Anyhow, back to the anger, which is incredible for a pre episode thread! :p I think most Americans here are like me, reading the pan anti-Americanism, look around and behind us, and saying in a little voice with of insecurity, "well, what did we do?" We dont feel more superior to the rest of the world...maybe it is a Midwest thing for me... ;)

That Billie Piper broad looks kinda weird, and she seems to have this expression on her face like she is having a perpetual orgasm; or maybe she has a stuffy nose, with her mouth hanging open like that.

The $1000 cars. Looks like Richard got a 1978-1986 C10 chevy shortbox, which is pretty reliable, but for the same money you could get a 12 year old Taurus or a GM W or J body.

He acknowledges that the Americans have done some fantastic stuff in the past, but he just doesn't like their cars.

I hope JC rips the USA car market a new @55 :mrgreen:

Afterall, there's more people in this world who hate America than people that like it.
Every American friend I have puts a Canada Maple Leaf on their backpack when they travel to Europe HAHA.

Last edited:
haha, looking forward to this with anticipation and refreshing the page every few minutes to see if the episode is up :D

by the way, first post hehe, hello everyone

OMFG. That was SO funny. Some Admin, please give us a Specific Episode discussion for this ep. Thanks.

i liked the episode, made a nice break from the format. i dont think every american will agree with me though as the ep did revolve around existing problems.

the top gear camera crew getting pelted with stones at the petrol station was certainly a odd moment too watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.