[09x03] February 11th, 2007

hurricane katrina OMG how can it still be like that?

Well, it's been just over 3 years and parts of New Orleans still look like that. There are shopping centers in New Orleans East that are still broken. Neighborhoods full of houses that still need to be torn down ad rebuilt. How and why it is still like this, I don't know. There were many who were grossly under insured. That has part to do with it. Some simply walked away leaving no-one to clean up.

Katrina did a LOT of damage to a VERY large area. Unless you were here, it is really hard to imagine, even though the media really tried to make it look bad.

Hey FG folks. I'm a few hours away from the Spot where they donated their cars(well, the 2 of them) and I'd like to take a picture of the place they stood in front of, but can't seem to find it. This all starts around the 55 minute mark, and I have it pinned down to about here: http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=29.954191,-90.076089&spn=0.011768,0.022724&t=h&z=16
It looks like they were traveling SW on Intersate 10 and exited near Canal st.
I've managed to see that it says St. Ann School xxx xxxxxxxxx(I think its 'and' for the first part I can't make out, but lost on the rest)
and under that in roman numerials it has A D 1914
Actually shows: A D MCMXXIV

That or any other parts from the last bit of this episode would be cool to experience first hand if you know the locations of any of those last few minutes of the episode! Thanks in advance guys!

This episode isn't very good. Most of the challenges didn't make any sense whatsoever--why didn't they do a regular road trip like the supercars in France?