[09x03] February 11th, 2007

That was an amazing episode. Best of series and one of the best ever. It was so funny throughtout the episode. And in Alabama is was so scary. I mean the Americans really mean business don't they, get on the rock side of them and you might actually be killed to death.

The ending was emotional. So emotional that I might send some money there. It's the americans town and they aren't doing anything to help it. Most of the people haven't got homes and it's awful to know that America aren't doing anything to help. Ot's their country.

I think that episode will be brung out on DVD and if not then they should. It was a truly great episode and I can't wait for the torrent.

Wasn't it FAB. Wet Jezza... Mmmm:wub:

Err, sorry, this is a grown up site... Cars, yes, I liked the cars too. Just how many GBP is $1000?

about ?500

This literally was one of the best hours of TV I have ever seen!. Best TG episode also. It really highlights just how awesome this show can be. They even gave their cars away to those poor people in New Orleans...
It makes me sad to think that the richest country in the world allow people to live like that. Shame on them.

Hil-Lar-I-Ous. There were a few moments (the slogans esp.) where I was almost literally ROFL and tears were streaming down my face (that said, you have to wonder who on the production team thought that up. They could really have got killed with that).

I think that's why everybody in the UK loves Jezza so much. He refuses to be PC, and is champion of common sense - well, apart from the cow. That was just lunacy!!

Am I the only one who was offended by the cheap-shot stereotype nature of the show?

<------------- the door is that way. no room for offendee's here mate

Just how many GBP is $1000?

about ?600 i think.

Jezzabelle, i'm guessing you're female, so you might want to join 'not a dude' before one of our resident gays shows up and gets the wrong idea... correct me if wrong.

It was brilliant!
The cars were great, the cow part had me laughing almost uncontrollably, as did the tortoise. I'm sure they'll be tons of Americans logging on to say "I am an avid watcher of top gear for years but after this I won't be watching it anymore" well, fine. That's just conforming to what Jezza said!
Pissing off the hillbillys was the best. That's almost as dangerous as driving around Glasgow with anti-rangers and anti-celtic messages on your car!
Can I buy James' Cadillac?

Wasn't it FAB. Wet Jezza... Mmmm:wub:

Err, sorry, this is a grown up site... Cars, yes, I liked the cars too. Just how many GBP is $1000?

Cheque rates for 11 February 2007 16:00:26 ET

Converting 522.14 Pounds Sterling to U.S. Dollars will yield 1000.00 U.S. Dollars.
(Derived rate = 1.9152)

:lol: 500$ dollor cars, I cant wait to see this episode

Loved it! The Americans are going to have to take it all with a BIG pinch of salt though... It was so sweet how they didn't want to part with their cars, utterly crap though they were. Bless them! I don't like dead things so could maybe have done without the roadkill bits, but other than that it was fab, fab, fab.

That was absolutely brilliant. I can't remember laughing that hard in my entire life. The road kill bit and Jeremys shower had me in spasms. That is the best thing I have watched in a very very long time. I'm just slightly pissed off that I didn't record it so I will have to wait for a rip to watch it again.
The rednecks were quite scary, just goes to show how a very small majority can give an entire country a bad reputation. I was slightly shocked by the state New Orleans was still in. I realise this was recorded sometime in the middle of last year but even so.

The "large majority" of Americans ruin it? Do you even have a clue? I'm surprised to such an ignorant and idiotic thing said on this board to be honest.

I'm an American, and I haven't seen the episode yet, but I would be horified if people judge the majority of Americans based on "people" they meet in the podunk South. If you want to meet a REAL average American, go to the West Coast, Mid West, or North East. I'm sure most every country has their small pockets of freaks. Sounds like TG went out of their way to find ours...congratulations.

Can't wait to see the episode though...
you're right

its not the majority at all, the majority never spoil anything... its always the minority that spoils it, and its the media that shows them messing it up..because there is no news like bad news.

normal american mouthing off at JC = not news

hick shooting the TG team = news.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

I am guessing we could all write an e mail, in words of 1 syllable (or less;) ) to express our concern for the ongoing state of New Orleans, and the state of Alabama's people...

Awesome episode. I think we should forget the war on terror and turn on the 'inhabitants' of Alabama - weird weird people!!!

New Orleans though, my god. Why is this not being sorted?