[09x04] May 1st, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [09x04] May 1st, 2006

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
And we meet the man who has had no luck in selling his house, so has now decided to throw in his immaculate Ferrari for free. Will the prospect of a ?100,000 car on the driveway tempt any genuine buyers?

lol that looks like it may be interesting. i wish i could do that to....one day :? :lol:

The audi is super sexy, but was targeted at a car released in 2003. Straightline the csl might have a tough time keepign up, but in a track lap race I would say the csl would be the winner. Shouldnt we be seeing the new m3 at the end of this year, at least in europe? Wonder what audi answer will be to that, and what about if they release a csl version!?!!

itsme4g63 said:
Straightline the csl might have a tough time keepign up, but in a track lap race I would say the csl would be the winner. Shouldnt we be seeing the new m3 at the end of this year, at least in europe? Wonder what audi answer will be to that, and what about if they release a csl version!?!!
Yes new M3 should be out by years end. I think I'm correct in saying the new M3 will have less power than RS4. Obviously BMW are more concerned with balance and handling than just straight-line speed, which is a good thing IMO.

Would be cool to see CSL type model in the Audi lineup though :) Not sure if Audi's has ever done such a model though...

itsme4g63 said:
Straightline the csl might have a tough time keepign up, but in a track lap race I would say the csl would be the winner. Shouldnt we be seeing the new m3 at the end of this year, at least in europe? Wonder what audi answer will be to that, and what about if they release a csl version!?!!
Yes new M3 should be out by years end. I think I'm correct in saying the new M3 will have less power than RS4. Obviously BMW are more concerned with balance and handling than just straight-line speed, which is a good thing IMO.

Would be cool to see CSL type model in the Audi lineup though :) Not sure if Audi's has ever done such a model though...

I wouldn't call that handling what you get from an M5 - being slightly sideways all the time could be a bit annoying - at least on a long distance...

Jan :)

Ok i've gotta clear this up... the M3 they are driving is the CS for alot of reasons that don't need clarifying. It has also been confermed that they will be making a new CSL for the new M3 which will be insane!!!! Audi will never make a CSL type car because their philosophy of 4WD doesn't work as well on a track, although as tiff has shown, add some water to the track and it's game on

snowy said:
Ok i've gotta clear this up... the M3 they are driving is the CS for alot of reasons that don't need clarifying. It has also been confermed that they will be making a new CSL for the new M3 which will be insane!!!! Audi will never make a CSL type car because their philosophy of 4WD doesn't work as well on a track, although as tiff has shown, add some water to the track and it's game on
So theres actually a model called the "CS"?? I thought it was a typo and added in the "L" in the original post.

So theres actually a model called the "CS"?? I thought it was a typo and added in the "L" in the original post.

Yep - has CSL look-a-like wheels, but lacks the semi-slick tyres, carbon-fibre roof & engine mods.

this is gonna be a great episode I think , just a shame, it doesnt seem the track is was dry when testing the rs4 and csl

fbc said:

Yep - has CSL look-a-like wheels, but lacks the semi-slick tyres, carbon-fibre roof & engine mods.
Never knew it existed! Don't see much point in it though, just get the CSL I rekon.

Here are some snapshots from the preview

http://img137.imageshack.**/img137/4380/vlcsnap22236847ta.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.**/img137/8919/vlcsnap22250177qf.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.**/img137/8324/vlcsnap22240507ws.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.**/img137/5637/vlcsnap22243721sb.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.**/img137/8229/vlcsnap22233357hm.jpg

I hope we get lots of shots of Vicki NEXT to the Brera :wub:

fbc said:

Never knew it existed! Don't see much point in it though, just get the CSL I rekon.

Pretty sure it also gets bigger brakes & a revised steering rack over a normal M3. You can't get the CSL anymore - was a limited run.

Yea the CSL was a limited run.. where as the CS isin't

The differences are: 1.non carbon roof
2.non CSL-OEM front splitter, boot lid and rear diffuser
3. does not have the CSL butterfly intake system
4. has the same power as the standard M3 so it's ~ 20hp down on the CSL
5. comes with air con and a stereo as standard where as the CSL did not
6. Michellin pilot sport z types not racing slicks
7. Front seats are differnt

it does however adopt the CSL steering wheel/rack and the rims
i think the CS will struggle in this test just because of sheer lack of power over the RS4 and in the wet conditions, there will be slight sidewaysness. The RS4 i think can stop faster accelerate faster and there have been good things said about the handeling. The new M3 should walk all over the RS4 though cause we all know BMW will handle alot better and has only about 10BHP less which it will easilly make up for with chassis. I think Merc need to come to the floor now and make a proper racing road saloon!!! who is with me on that??

I love the hardcore-ness of the CSL, its a shame it was only a limited run :(

snowy said:
I think Merc need to come to the floor now and make a proper racing road saloon!!! who is with me on that??
Even as a diehard AMG fan myself, I think its time. The AMG's will blow their competition out for straightline speed and torque but without an AWD system like Audi or a well balanced RWD chassis like BMW. . . Benz has nothing. Its plainly obvious that all AMG's are still big luxury saloons at heart (except the mad CLK AMG DTM) however AMG are getting better as their new models have many newly developed components in them.
We now wait for the 2007 C-Class...

NecroJoe said:
*shrugs* I just don't "get" the Brera...sure, it's kinda attractive...but man...there are TONS of better looking cars. Way better than the Brera, anyways...I don't see it.

~nj?

Me neither...I really like the front design as it's very distinctive, but the proportions of the car is kinda messed up. The front overhang looks huge because the headlights don't wrap around, and the back is short and stumpy. And it's not like there's nice curves and bulges on the front and rear fenders to make it look muscular. Methinks it's totally a chick's car.

snowy said:
Audi will never make a CSL type car because their philosophy of 4WD doesn't work as well on a track, although as tiff has shown, add some water to the track and it's game on

I think you haven't got any idea about Audi's history, have you? They were extremely successful in every type of racing and the key to their success was basically the Quattro 4WD system. You can't really compare the M3 CSL to the RS4 - coupe against 4-door saloon.

Jan :)

fbc said:

The CS is ?20,000 cheaper, though...

The only reason I bought my M3 is because the car is soo well balanced and has very nice engine. Wish Tiff and Jason still perfer the M over RS just for the sake of driving pleasure. Remember guys, speed and horsepower isn't everything when it comes to cars. Welll.....that's how I see anyway. :)

Looking good, cant wait for it :)

When ever is the episode gonna be released!!

When ever is the episode gonna be released!!

I hope we can all watch this episode sooooooon.
It never shows up on any site, please releaser, come with it;)

datax said:
The only reason I bought my M3 is because the car is soo well balanced and has very nice engine. Wish Tiff and Jason still perfer the M over RS just for the sake of driving pleasure. Remember guys, speed and horsepower isn't everything when it comes to cars. Welll.....that's how I see anyway. :)

That being said, the RS4 is supposed to be amazingly balanced. Also, with Audi's recent developement in partnership with Lamborghini the engine should be amazing. I am bias, I'm a huge Audi lover. I used to be a huge fan of the M3, but it don't think its got anything on the RS4. The S4 was really great, I loved it. But the RS4 is just in a different league completely.

I think the RS4 will kill the M3 around the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.