[09x05] February 25th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Could you PROVE that the driver was to blame?" - lawyer in court.

That is justice turned upside down. It is the job of the plaintiff to prove that the defendant is guilty, not the defendant's job to prove their innocence. I believe this principle is called "innocent until proven guilty". So the lawyer has to prove that the driver was not at fault.

Well, that is true in criminal courts, dunno about private courts. But in the end, they're turning a jury, so the facts need not be in support of the claims. As long as one gets the jury to think that "there is no evidence.. but I like him, and I THINK he isn't to blame".

Might I be random and say I am very excited about the tractors...
...And obviously the Lamborghini... :D

I am too. Tractors are amazingly powerful. Even if my third cousin was better able to pull our Suzuki Jeep up from a ditch by hand than our old Massey Ferguson.

what do you think about the speed which jeremy will do? Specifications says that lambo lp640 goes up to 211 mph. do you think jeremy will reach that sort of speed?

No, he most surtainly will not. The track is not long enough for that.

So, the wreck McClelland is crowing about was simply a freak accident, set into motion by coincidence. How does suing someone over anything that could have happened in any event make any sense?

The driver's estate is being sued too... the lawyer is turning every trick... if you catch my drift...;)

...all to simply win a baseless lawsuit. Hmm, who else will be sued? A random person who feels the blame is not where it "belongs?" Why hasn't this guy's license to practice law been revoked yet? Can anyone get me a link where I can voice my opinion where it will be seen by those in charge of the suit? Also, is it possible to sue a lawyer for "wasting court resources," like this twat is?

Personally, on this episode, Im really looking forward to this...

http://img90.imageshack.**/img90/2917/tractorstiget0.jpg

The Stig, in a tractor!! :D

First of all, quality first post :thumbup:

I could watch any episode you give me from any other season a million times over and over. Yet as for this season, I don't have the urge to watch any of the episodes again. I thought I was alone for a while thinking this way, but if there's this many of us that feel this way.. we can't all be wrong, right?

Definitely add me to that list. I have every season on my HD, and 2-7 are pure magic (Reeeeealy didn't like Jason). Starting with 8, the whole show seems to have gone downhill. 8 was decent, but I must say that this season has really been disappointing. Scripted, too many stunts (WTF is a reliant spaceship doing on top gear??), and not nearly enough cars or news. My favorite bit is the news, and that seems to be getting less and less emphasized in favor of extremely costly and increasingly ridiculous stunts (road work? spaceship?)

Definitely add me to that list. I have every season on my HD, and 2-7 are pure magic (Reeeeealy didn't like Jason). Starting with 8, the whole show seems to have gone downhill. 8 was decent, but I must say that this season has really been disappointing. Scripted, too many stunts (WTF is a reliant spaceship doing on top gear??), and not nearly enough cars or news. My favorite bit is the news, and that seems to be getting less and less emphasized in favor of extremely costly and increasingly ridiculous stunts (road work? spaceship?)

Im different then. I have watched the last 4 episodes at least twice. I think the stunts were hilarious. The USA trip was fantastic. Series 7 in my opinion was still the best, but it's Top Gear and as long as it is still called Top Gear and hosted by JC, Hamster and May then I will continue watching it and enjoying it. I agree with you though about the first season. Jason didnt fit in at all. TG 2-9 is the best show that has ever been produced.

At least it's not Fifth Gear.

Personally, on this episode, Im really looking forward to this...

http://img90.imageshack.**/img90/2917/tractorstiget0.jpg

The Stig, in a tractor!! :D

My word, if only!!
I read in the TV guide it has something to do with making fuel.......??

Yes, I guess they're making bio fuel of some sort, oil to run diesels on.

Yeah I can't think of much else aside from a Volvo going at medium speeds that could do that.

Stupid question, what is the train stunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.