[09x06] May 15th, 2006

Copy of TG

Copy of TG

Driving on the 'wrong' side of the car isn't an easy task, especially because you aren't comfortable with the clearance on the passenger side of the car... which is where the accident happened.

First of all, Jason's comment may have been funny, but talking behind their backs wasn't professional at all.

Tom, like someone said, very professional even with a car driving over his foot...him and Tiff make the show worth watching.

Is it just me, or are they entirely imitating TG.
First, the whole overexposure and fancy camera work ... imitating the amazing camera work that TG has.
Second, celebrities in a reasonable car ... imitating 'celebrity in a reasonably priced car'.

Re: Copy of TG

Re: Copy of TG

osama1234 said:
Second, celebrities in a reasonable car ... imitating 'celebrity in a reasonably priced car'.
Umm...It was five beautiful girls in a Porsche 911 Carrera S, not what I call a reasonable car by any stretch of the imagination. Lets be honest it was a eye candy segment for the blokes.

Since everyone is rating them,

1. Nadine/Cherly are tied in my book
3. Sarah
4. Kimberly
5. Nicola

Who are these girls?
I presume they are Irish! Beautiful hair! Charming accent! Tood bad they are a bit young... :( Kimberly(green sweater), and the one who did not go for the ride with Jason are my favorites. It proved once again that my idea that Irish women are some of the more beautiful women on this planet! :thumbsup:

The show...
The Masy is indeed a beautiful car, even with those strange wheels on. I agree with the Stig, I mean with Tiff, when he said it is the most beautiful saloon out there.

M5 vs. M6... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Bentley segment was very good!

The rice-burners and the donuts segment needed a bit of salt. However, when Tom is involved, things are always much, much better!

That episode was much better than expected. I became kinda hooked to the Girls Aloud bit half way through and then the ending was just something else. She was like one of those excitable little dogs wagging her tale and then SCAPE! Jason's face was priceless!!

Vicki was weird in the shootout - why? But overall I enjoyed it but I wish it could have been dry. Those are terrible conditions to put those types of cars to a test.

Jon Bentley did a rather decent segment in this episode. His face at the end was also priceless haha.

Tom's part was awesome! It was crazy watching how close they came to his toes like that...but then they ran over em!

Tiff's review was a bit of a let down. I wanna see Tiff do more tearing around the country lanes then just hobeling around town testing the gearbox. I wanted to see a good standstill - to - 100km/h start and more powersliding around corners in the wet.

One thing that stood out about this episode is that in not one segment do you really see any sun. What depressing weather...

SLR said:
Half priced insurance premium for young women than young men :shock:

We had something similar here, girl drivers got insurance discounts, untill our "equality between sexes"-minister said it was discriminating against men and forbade it :lol:

tloekke said:
SLR said:

We had something similar here, girl drivers got insurance discounts, untill our "equality between sexes"-minister said it was discriminating against men and forbade it :lol:

That seems a bit strange - surely the whole basis of insurance and risk is based around discriminating based on the risk profile of the applicant and the insured property.

I can see the problem if women received cheaper prices because they sound nicer on the phone, or because they smell better, but if the cheaper premiums are based on a proven risk profile than it's entirely fair.

fbc said:
tloekke said:
SLR said:

That seems a bit strange - surely the whole basis of insurance and risk is based around discriminating based on the risk profile of the applicant and the insured property.

I can see the problem if women received cheaper prices because they sound nicer on the phone, or because they smell better, but if the cheaper premiums are based on a proven risk profile than it's entirely fair.

The discount was of course based on the statistics that young girls crash less than young men.... and that's why I find it funny.

tloekke said:
fbc said:
tloekke said:
SLR said:

The discount was of course based on the statistics that young girls crash less than young men.... and that's why I find it funny.

It's strangely reassuring that your politicians are as equally moronic as ours.

Lusitano said:
I agree with the Stig, I mean with Tiff, when he said it is the most beautiful saloon out there.

:think: :think: :stig:

Wow, another really really great episode. Fifth Gear is oh so close to Top Gear these days.

Sure, the Girls Aloud was nothing but pure eye candy... But OH MY GOSH! Did you say eye candy? :shock: :eek: :shock: Cheryl = :woot:

Jason was priceless... Quite good compared to normal. I didn't really like the bit talking behind her back, but it wasn't that bad. At least he gave her some credit :D. And whoever said his ego went on a rampage - I disagree. Under the circumstances, I thought he was very controlled.

Th shootout wasn't that good. I generally don't enjoy them.

Tom + Bentley both were great in this. Bentley totally freaked me out. I actually moved back in my chair and almost gasped at his last comment. Yikes that was nasty. Tom did a great job with the entertainment - as usual. Can't believe he didn't even flinch when the car went over his toe - thought he was joking at first until it became clear that he wasn't :lol:

Maser review a bit quick... And not much depth... But ok.

Now I have two superb television shows to watch a week. FG used to be a "filler" between TG episodes, but now I look forward to them both (even if TG marginally takes out top spot).

Yes... Bring on more of this... All year round... None of this season garbage :roll:

The cars presented were great, but the way they analysed them and showed them was very poor IMO. I mean, Tiff's comments about the quattroporte were just referred to the gearbox and not much to the design, speed, handling, etc. The M5 vs. M6 segment was soo boring and incomplete. By the way, in the news yesterday I saw how Nolberto Solano (a peruvian football player who plays in Newcastle United) totally destroyed an M6 here in Peru. The car even caught fire and the stupid guy just left it burning and went home!)

In the girl's bit, Jason was a bit arrogant in the way he treated the girls and the comments he made at the end, but for god's sake, how could you give a racing ferrari to that chick? come on, she was going to crash it at some point anyway, it was lucky that she crashed before even gaining some proper speed.

Jon Bentley's segment was boring, but the final sentence really amused me... how unfair - though logical - to having girls pay half insurance!

Overall I must say, and besides some criticisms I've made, I agree with some of you in that this week I enjoyed FG much more than I did TG. What's more, since I didn't have time to watch TG the day before, I saw them both the same day, one after the other, and TG nearly made me sleep.

Cheers to everyone 8)

I'm sorry i forgot to make some further comments... (i think this cold i have is damaging my neurons)...

I liked Tom's bit, in the previous I thought it was going to be boring, but i found it quite amusing indeed.

The last thing is that i too think they should invite more stars or famous people to do this kind of thing, because it isn't like the "star in a reasonably priced car" because of course the car is not reasonably-priced lol, but because it is of a more casual style. I really think they should.

And Jason's face while trying to avoid the crash was hilarious!

tloekke said:
fbc said:
tloekke said:
SLR said:

they crash less.. but they create more crashes..
there pure EVIL!

So were all their accents Irish? Nadine sounded adorable in her recap of the driving.

"Yoo know its daffacult just werkin' out how to drive like a racin' driver 'cause I drive like such a gayearl with me hand on the geerr sccchtick."

It makes me want to move to Europe. :p

Also funny was Jason:

"Hard on the brakes, brake brake brake, brake brake, more more more, more more! WOAH WOAH WOAH! Corner corner! Woah!"

Oh, and is this not the quintessential "Holy crap, we just crashed a Ferrari" face or what?

plato.jpg