[09x12] July 17th, 2006

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
If you've seen it, discuss here. :)

Wow, that 911 Turbo is quite awesome. I want. :(

The Tom / Tiff segment is totally a TG ripoff of the Jackie Stewart with James, but oh well.

And as for the pickup trucks, they shoulda tried some American imports. Woulda loved to see Vicki thrashing around in a Ram 1500 or a F-150, or even a turbo diesel 2500. I went to Utah in a crewcab one while we were pulling a double axle, fully loaded trailer and the damn thing was passing cars up a really steep hill. :lol:

I haev to that that was a nice episode but i expected a better review of the turbo.. At the end Viki said that next week will be the last of the series. does this mean that no more fifth gear after next week or did she mean season? :cry:

The braking part had a flaw. Vicky should have done her "benchmark" with additional item of her weight in the car as well. Tom's driving segment was a little rip of TG's Jackie Stewart's lesson.

STi Nut said:
I haev to that that was a nice episode but i expected a better review of the turbo.. At the end Viki said that next week will be the last of the series. does this mean that no more fifth gear after next week or did she mean season? :cry:
Wow someone needs to Preview their posts before they hit Post :lol:

Fifth Gear finishes for the season after the next ep. See the Pre Ep discussion for more info. They will return before the end of the year.

^I wanna keep this thread clean for discussion of the ep only guys. Take that type of discussion to either the Pre-Ep thread or the Video Offers thread for FG thanks.

You might flame me all the way to beirut for saying this, but I liked this weeks FG better than the TG.
TG was more fun, but FG was a better car show.
Granted the breaking segment was kinda dull, and the 911 turbo review was abit disapointing but there were so much more cool car stuff in it, instead of JC talking about how awful caravaning is and setting fire to a couple of them. The Tom and Tiff segment was brilliant

"oversteer, some oversteer ladida i'm a racing driveeer" :lol:

I guess it was because TG didn't really have any new big releases...

I also think that Tom's driving segment was very similar to TG's Jackie Stewart driving lesson. Both segments dealt with the same thing: teaching the weakest driver of the hosts how to be a better race driver.

Overall, I thought the rest of the episode was ok. I expected a bit more from the 911 Turbo review. The pickup segment, I think, would have been better with some American imports to really see which truck is best.

I must say, this episode was pretty darn good. Had my attention all the way through.

Edit: You know, I smiled a lot with this episode. Vicki and the old dude and Tom and Tiff. Funny stuff.

Poor episode.

As usual for FG they build up their crash test by showing it multiple times before hand then make a pigs ear of the show by saying "join us later to see what happens" or "Jojn us later to find out what the 1 thing every car has an issue with" (after they've told us the items about Tyres :thumbsdown: )

911 review was too short.

Didnt like Toms bit at all, found him irritating and showing off too much (1st time for that!)

Pick Ups was Take it or leave it,

Stereos were interesting but to be honest yo'll never really tell the differnece unless you are there live. So the item doesnt translate well to TV

Much better episode than last week's. All the segments were entertaining even though the show is starting to look Top Gearish, and it's not regarding the segments in particular but rather the camera-work.

Jon Bentley is building himself up quite nicely after all these seasons of making retarded segments. Vicki is slightly going downhill although this episode's crash tests were pretty good.

I can't wait for next week!

JoeBlo1 said:
even though the show is starting to look Top Gearish, and it's not regarding the segments in particular but rather the camera-work.
!

As I kind of said on last weeks discussion, that's a GOOD thing isn't it?!? I'd be happy for it to look more like it and less like old TG/FG. It's just keeping up with modern filming techniques.

Never have I seen a bigger load of fucking Bullshit than this Braking test! 18 meters for the famous racing driver Vicki! Wohoo, but only she did ACT and not REACT! If you know the point where to brake you obviously bypass the reaction time. Thats the reason why the drunk was better the second time. He knew pretty much whereabout he was supposed to brake and got ready... Gonna watch the rest now, I really hope it gets better... :bangin: :bangin:

//edit: Well, the Tiff/Tom Gallardo piece is quite fun... So its again only Vicki with the properly shitty part...

It was a good ep. The new 911 Turbo looks good. But I was looking for more discriptive review as well, like how the awd system react when you purposely drift it and if the PSM limits you or the PASM actually help. The braking segment is alright, but they should've compared OEM tires with Ultra High Performance ones. The sound system review is no surprise, of course the most expensive system is the best. The truck rallying was actually pretty cool. But is the Mitsu L200 same as the USDM Raider? It looks a bit similar. Oh well, next week is the last ep of the season. :(

I never like 5th gear that much I just don't know. Except for tom I don't like any of them.

The 911 isn't really a good review. The car does looks girly

vikis test is uninteresting

Tiffs teaching tom is such a rip off and is not doing so good

like always I deleted the episode after one fast go