[09x12] July 17th, 2006

I know it's off topic, but can someone provide me with a link to a torrent with a decent swarm or reasonable number of seeds so I can d/l this ep?

Thanks!

I actually loved every bit of this episode. It was quite informative and a good watch. Much better than the last episode of Top Gear imo. I don't like the look of the new Turbo though. Can't believe Jason actually put a deposit on one before even drivingone :p

JoeBlo1 said:
Much better episode than last week's. All the segments were entertaining even though the show is starting to look Top Gearish, and it's not regarding the segments in particular but rather the camera-work.

Jon Bentley is building himself up quite nicely after all these seasons of making retarded segments. Vicki is slightly going downhill although this episode's crash tests were pretty good.

I can't wait for next week!

Speaking of Benley's segment, does anyone know the name of the song he used to test those stereos?

turboSPE

Every time she squeaks makes me like her even less. So far Jon, Tiff, and Tom are my favourite presenters. They can do without Jason and Vicki imo.

Can't wait for next week!

Didn't anyboby notice it is gonna be a McLaren F1 LeMans vs. Ferrari Enzo?

SHould be real good.....

guy11 said:
Can't wait for next week!

Didn't anyboby notice it is gonna be a McLaren F1 LeMans vs. Ferrari Enzo?

SHould be real good.....

WOW really? :D

Mixed episode for me.

Braking stuff was waaaay too unscientific and way too long to hold my interest. I am sure it is a serious problem though :(

911 Turbo review was okay, but I think many of Jason's comments were too generic; "I love this car" "It is just unbelievable" "Keeps on going and going and going". Doesn't really tell you a lot. He also focused too much on the technology which you can (and probably already have) read in any car mag.

Fast and Furious segment seemed like they needed to fill out a few minutes, although it was interesting to see some BTS footage.

Now the biggest disappointment of the ep; WTF was up with Tom's attitude? I hope the team told him to behave like that since he was really spoiling that segment. I would loved to have seen some actual racing techniques but this was just pointless.

Jon Bentley's segment was pretty interesting. The first time I've seen the B&O system from the Audi in use. Impressive.

Pickups aren't really my thing, but the final segment was okay and Vicki looked pretty good in that one actually. Not just good for a car show presenter but good period.

Jeppe said:
Now the biggest disappointment of the ep; WTF was up with Tom's attitude? I hope the team told him to behave like that since he was really spoiling that segment. I would loved to have seen some actual racing techniques but this was just pointless.

I didn't mind Tom's attitude; he's always been wacky and informal in the way he presents. I'm sure it wasn't his very first time on a track, so he just wanted to be funny by purposely stepping the tail out at the expense of speed. If I had a Gallardo, I would certainly be doing that! Forget lap times!

I quite liked this episode, although the braking test had so many flaws in it it was rather disappointing. I think they gave the kid a pint to drink and IMMEDIATELY told him to get back in the car. In that case, the alcohol probably didn't get into the system and he probably wasn't really affected at all.

I think the pickup segment was quite awful. I guess that was their new take on shootouts but it was quite boring and irrelevant to me personally. I second Viper007Bond's suggestion to put a Dodge Ram or F150 in there. Also match it up with the new 2007 Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan so that they are all in the same class. And throw in the Honda Ridgeline for ride quality comparison.