[09x13] July 24th, 2006

MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT! What the fucc was up with the f1 and enzo review? Who gives a damn about running costs and petrol ffs? The people who buy these cars, are FILTHY rich. What we wanted, was some track action.

Anyway, with so much hype, very dissapointing.

I've only watched half of the ep so far - but have to say I'm with Tiff on the F1, I adore that car, it's just so very special.

Erm tht was rubbish, the f1 enzo bit was good but short and i missed his conclusion. the bmw bit boring i cant really see the point of that car. platos stunt thing was alright but not really tht much diffrent from the last one he did and i cant really see the point of it?!? The bike thing was rubbish becuase i dont like bikes.

All in all i want topgear on 7 days a week!

all through Toms review my head was racing.. where the F have i seen thet profile before...
then it struck me!

The ferrari 599GTB profile i identical (a bit shorter and mer compact) to a Mk4 Toyota Supra!

sideview.jpg

010-ferrari-599.jpg

(Sorry.. didnt find any usable pics of a supra without the rear wing.. it looks MUTCH better without it.. )

AGAIN why do you TG fanatics watch FG when you hate it?
You do nothing but cry and cry about how shit FG is.

If you dont like it then dont watch it.

I think FG is very very good at the moment.
They could improve it by making the intresting parts longer.
And get rid of Vicky or get her to stop being so annoying.
Other then that they are a very good Car program.

Great season finale. Vicki was cute in the BMW, Tiff in the Enzo/F1 was too short but great while it lasted, and seeing the 599 again was great.

Can't wait for next season!

martineb72 said:
As for the 2.0 putting out 173hp, that is just lame. The base Mazda Mx5 has a 2.0 that puts out 170hp, and the s2000 has a 2.0 that puts out 240hp. Both a hell of a lot lighter cars. It should put out minimum 200hp, if it wants anybody to take it seriously as a performance vehicle. Ideally it should try to beat honda's 240hp.

Martin

It's a sedan, not real sports car, what can you expect? They weren't serious with the 320si, it's not meant to be THAT special as the sole purpose of this car is homologation. They are only making 2600 of these cars, so building a 100hp/L performance engine from from ground up was probably not a sensible option. BMW just tweaked with the production engine. Personally I think the compression ratio is pretty much maxed out at 11:1 for this motor, any higher it'd easily go kaboom.

The thing with high sprung 4-bangers is that there's no low end torque. It maybe be fine for a 2800lbs roadster, but not for a 3500lbs sedan. BTW, the 240hp S2000 has the revised 2.2L engine.

i thought the episode was damn good. seriously guys, what else is there on tv that comes close to this? for car people like us? i'm just glad to be able to see stuff like this at all.

Bah, nothing needs to be commented about this episode. If you've seen it, you know what it was like.

All I know is that I've never been persuaded to work so much harder and make so much more money ever before by a Fifth Gear episode.

Kebab gud said:
all through Toms review my head was racing.. where the F have i seen thet profile before...
then it struck me!

The ferrari 599GTB profile i identical (a bit shorter and mer compact) to a Mk4 Toyota Supra!

sideview.jpg

010-ferrari-599.jpg

(Sorry.. didnt find any usable pics of a supra without the rear wing.. it looks MUTCH better without it.. )
well they are both FR coupes. you could argue that all FR coupes look similar.

http://img108.imageshack.**/img108/1834/sagarissidewq4.jpg

bartboy9891 said:
Kebab gud said:
then it struck me!

sideview.jpg

010-ferrari-599.jpg

well they are both FR coupes. you could argue that all FR coupes look similar.

http://img108.imageshack.**/img108/1834/sagarissidewq4.jpg

TVR's proportions are better.

Kebab gud said:

Agreed - from the first pictures I saw of the 599 I thought that - when I see the 599 I just see a mix of Corvette & Supra styling.

The German who was stroking the car, listening to the engine...only a petrolhead would understand why. He showed the world why we love cars, why it was brilliantly explained once that "cars are closest thing to a living being that man has created". Gave me warm fuzzies to see that. :)

Vicky was useless the last few episodes. The Merc durability tests were not that good, the old people in a people carrier speed record was useless, the race thing she went to was not good also and in this episode the G meter was boring too. I like John Bentley's segments more nowadays. :eek:

jayhawk said:
The German who was stroking the car, listening to the engine...only a petrolhead would understand why. He showed the world why we love cars, why it was brilliantly explained once that "cars are closest thing to a living being that man has created". Gave me warm fuzzies to see that. :)

I also really liked that part. I am the same way when I come across cars like that . They are more than merely cars and so much more than the sum of their parts. They are truly works of art.

BMWPower.lv said:
Most shocking - McLaren costs :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: For every service interval you can buy prety good new supercar... :?
Yeah, but in a car like that 6000 miles is like 8 years of driving :D
Great episode! F1 was amazing

Edit: Is this car an LM or modified GTR? Can't seem to work it out.