Jalopnik: 1,400 HP Ford GT Sets 252 MPH Standing Mile World Record

Wheelspin in 4th gear at 125mph with slick tires?

Fuck yeah.

EDIT: Also, I wonder what the top speed is..?

Last edited:
I do not want a car that spins tires at 125mph. That is just not good :(. Still an impressive engine built, just nothing to drive on normal roads or racetracks.

motherofgod.jpg

Fuck yeah indeed!

Heres another 1000+ hp Ford. This time a 1700hp Granada.
The Ford Granada is the unsung hero in the company's portfolio. It's completely unassuming, largely unknown, and capable of accepting any drivetrain a Mustang can swallow and more. Here, some nutter has put a Koenigsegg-style, 1700-hp twin-turbo V-8 in one.

Dumb? Awesome? Death-defying? Utterly absurd? A treatise on how to be amazing? This Granada is all of those things. A well-funded forum member over at PassionFord decided his extremely hot Ford didn't deliver enough juice, he considered buying a Nissan GT-R but then decided to make do with what what he had, kinda. To rectify his power deficit he went on a serious metal binge, completely re-engineered his car and dropped in a mega-built Ford modular V-8 patterned after the utterly bonkers twin-turbocharged mill in the Koenigsegg CCX.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/03/17/500x_grenada.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/03/17/500x_grenada__10_.jpg

GT for your weekend play car, Granada for the family? Hell yeah!

If a Ford GT with 1400hp on slicks spins tires at 125mph, I imagine that Granada on its dinky little tires and with 1700hp will not get traction... well, ever. It will run out of gears before it can put the power down. Both are impressive as hell though.

If a Ford GT with 1400hp on slicks spins tires at 125mph, I imagine that Granada on its dinky little tires and with 1700hp will not get traction... well, ever. It will run out of gears before it can put the power down. Both are impressive as hell though.
The picture on top is of the car before the insane V8 conversion. The rears are much fatter now.

Anyways, high power Granadas are nothing new around here:

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

788cu V8 Pro Mod Ford engine. Twin turbos, 1700 hp...

788cu V8 Pro Mod Ford engine. Twin turbos, 1700 hp...

... All radiator. Seriously. That thing must weigh about 200 pounds.

I do not want a car that spins tires at 125mph. That is just not good :(. Still an impressive engine built, just nothing to drive on normal roads or racetracks.

Oh so 1980s F1 cars, Can Am cars and late Group C racers are useless then. Good to know!

Last edited:
Oh so 1980s F1 cars, Can Am cars and late Group C racers are useless then. Good to know!
TBH you are talking about cars that are meant ONLY for pro drivers and ONLY on race tracks. Something like that on a street would literally kill you.

TBH you are talking about cars that are meant ONLY for pro drivers and ONLY on race tracks. Something like that on a street would literally kill you.

Only due to the chassis being racing bred. D-Fence did mention race tracks too, which was primarily my point. But even so, forgetting our Fifth Gear are we?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtxfbxGz1u4[/youtube]

Power is only dangerous for morons who don't understand how to use it.

That's actually the intercooler, the radiator is behind that.

Yet another reason why I shouldn't be let near a wrench then.

Last edited:
These vehicles remind me of the GMC Syclone and GMC Typhoon.

Sure those trucks weren't 1,000HP but making a turbocharged small SUV and pickup seems a bit unsafe to me when those body/frames weren't built to do such things.

14.1 @ 95Mph if anyone cares.

I do have a very soft spot for the Ford GT, I can't believe Ford stopped building it.
Sounds good too.

Question to those who may know, it says on the link that it was a new production car record?
Its 252.97 MPH standing mile is a new production car world record.

How would they define this being production? Yes the GT was a production car but it was a s/c v8 not a TT V8.
What mods would have been allowed to be made before it loses the production car status?
I am certainly not taking anything away from the effort put in, just a question.

How would they define this being production? Yes the GT was a production car but it was a s/c v8 not a TT V8.
What mods would have been allowed to be made before it loses the production car status?
I am certainly not taking anything away from the effort put in, just a question.

x2

And I would expect that the particular car must have sold a certain amount to be classified as a normal production vehicle. As far as we know, this is just a fast one-off custom Ford GT. :dunno:

Power is only dangerous for morons who don't understand how to use it.

It's somehow typical, that remarks like that almost only come from the youngest forum members with presumably the least driving experience :p

Last edited:
I do have a very soft spot for the Ford GT, I can't believe Ford stopped building it.
Sounds good too.

Question to those who may know, it says on the link that it was a new production car record?

The world's fastest street car linked above is technically a Vauxhall Victor, that's a production car, right? :rolleyes:

This thread is missing something...

OMG Amerikan V8z SUCkZ0rz. Lolz.

Much better.

It's somehow typical, that remarks like that almost only come from the youngest forum members with presumably the least driving experience :p

Yet they are absolutely correct. The power doesn't just jump out and attack you, it's the driver who has control of the right pedal. If he uses it too much for his own skills, that makes him a moron.

Yet they are absolutely correct. The power doesn't just jump out and attack you, it's the driver who has control of the right pedal. If he uses it too much for his own skills, that makes him a moron.

I've got to archive this. I feel it will be useful in a few months.