Ownership Verified: 1.6 Liters of gayness... '90 MX-5

theyre not bad but they dont fill out as well as the original set

I like how this thread has been verified even though I've never actually done the proof picture.

I guess I've had enough members actually ride in my car and can back it up I don't think I really need one do I? :p

I distinctly recall your Miata being red...

There is this stuff called paint. It's capable of being made in different colors, then sprayed on the car ;)

There is this stuff called paint. It's capable of being made in different colors, then sprayed on the car ;)

I'm not entirely sure... ;)

Built a Coil On Plug harness for my car while at a BBQ with Project-G. I just gotta finish up the coil mount bracket. Tested it so far without anything to secure the coil packs and they are nice!

More often than not that's what I'm doing. The irony is that most of this crew happens to do a lot of track time as well.

In other news, the coil in plug mod is installed. I haven't finished the bracket yet so I have to check they don't back out.

I did notice a bit smoother running. I also happened to find out I had a heat soak related lab condition at idle. Richened that shit up and now she purrs like a kitten.

Last edited:
Alright finally got this damn thing done. The mounting bracket was a bitch to get the correct measurements.
Something else I did, you'll notice at the back of the head are 2 ground straps. 1 is part of the ground for the COP harness the other is your generic starter cable used as an added grounding strap.
Something I notice with a lot of miata's... grounding problems.

If you own one, do yourself a favor and go to your local auto parts place and buy 2 starter cables (only need about 1.5 feet). Bolt 1 side of each to the head (I used the bolts that hold the coil packs on) and then bolt the other ends down to the chassis after cleaning the surface real well and scaring it with some sand paper.

So I just realized... this thread title needs an update to "1.6 Liters of Gayness...'90 mx-5. Now with 151 more cc's"

What?
Engine rebuild?

I forgot about this!
:slaphead:

Sorry, only updates I have on this are:
I fixed my o2 sensor problems. Still working on getting a decent ilde with the MS2.

My battery caught fire tonight when my damn positive terminal shorted on the battery tie down.