1.8 / full release -discussion!

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
So since the server has basicly dying off from no peeps playing, me and Dins0815
thought that we could reset the current server @ 1.8 / full release.
(But still keep the current server as .rar/.zip)

But before that, how about we could make community project?
Like a floating island or vipers head in minecraft?

I also suggest we try to find some server-mod that limits the available map-
size to something more manageable, since the current map is enourmous.

yours
kind (god)OP Galantti

Edit: While I'm a bit disheartened that I'll be losing my long term project it would be nice to see some new areas. I'm still unsure if this will help attract more people though

I'd be happy to get involved in community projects, I've been hoping we could do something together after seeing that station. :)

Last edited:
I'd agree with a new map for 1.8, seeing all the cool biome shit that is being tested.

this is just discussion thread (like me prodding the ice).
I already granted some powers to dins, so matt shout @ irc and well think something for you too ;)

I fucking LOVE flying.

In the end I am indifferent to starting fresh, my main concern is to bring people to the server. New or not.

We can just reset the spawn far away, in a currently unexplored area. That would make a complete restart unnecessary.
However, we do need to allow for new landscape generation, given the upcoming updates.

Group builds could be anything, floating islands/towns seem in vogue. Cathedrals, towns, temples, statues... whatever. We could build the TG test track with hangars.

We could build the TG test track with hangars.

Sounds like a good idea. Galantti also mentioned building the 'Ring, although as was mentioned at the time the elevation changes would be impossible at the moment.

G, I'll come on IRC tonight and we'll have a chat. :)

Sounds like a good idea. Galantti also mentioned building the 'Ring, although as was mentioned at the time the elevation changes would be impossible at the moment.

G, I'll come on IRC tonight and we'll have a chat. :)

kaykay

I wouldn't mind a more creative based server, the thought of resource collecting kills any thought of trying to build something big.

I wouldn't mind a more creative based server, the thought of resource collecting kills any thought of trying to build something big.

That's my thought, just have a medium sized city and plenty of space to make awesome shit. Sometimes I wish MC was more like Lego, it would be awesome to build something like that train station and then build full sized trains around minecarts. :)

Galantti and I had a quick talk with Quicky yesterday and came to a bit of a conclusion.

Most likely the current map will be kept and new areas "discovered" once the updates are out. Spawn will be set at the new location. That local will also favour creative building. Connections by train, portal and nether allow so visit the "old" realm.

I'm personally very much in favour of a tightly knit city of awesome. Spend half my time just walking around the cities we have now.

Some other things were also mentioned, like a destruction map of death. But let's not get ahead of ourselves...

In any case, hopefully we can russle up a bit of activity in the near future, things are being planned.

More than anything super group projects would be great. With all the amazing stuff we have it would be foolish to start a new server. If we wanted to we could just move everything into the middle of nowhere and connect that to the current map. It's the biggest map size of any game. More than anything we need to build up the main island. There is a ton of space to expand the city itself on the main island. And at some point we could probably link the two major cities (and the upcoming town.)

With more people I think it would be easy to do this, that being said it'll take a decent push to get it off the ground. But the idea of having a massive open server stands out amongst other themed minecraft servers.

I think this could tie in really well to that video series. If we keep this going, I imagine we could get a pretty fucking decent viewership and from that a lot more people on the servers (hopefully not too many griefers.) I would totally be down to contribute the video series.

fRBK8.jpg

From the mouth of Jeb: "Yes, the new biome code Notch did last week+weekend isn't finished. The options available were to either release 1.8 now and break the map again in 1.9, or postpone 1.8 another few weeks."

FML

A prerelease is out, aka it leaked and notch covered his ass by putting out a download link to 1.8 test version so you don't have to worry about viruses. It seems pretty cool, there are some bugs. The terrain gen is amazing, the ravines are insane, endermen are scary as fuck, I love the creative mode.

I tried out the pre-release. Pretty nice stuff so far. I even got to play on a Mutiplayer Server for a bit. I'll spoiler it for anyone who doesn't want to know some of the stuff? All this stuff is around on the internet, but you never know.

The great:
More challenge... Incentive to actually make a sword because pigs take like 10 hits with your fist until they die. Same with other mobs.
Cows and chickens drop meat!
.... Flesh Meat from the zombies. Yup, you can eat the decaying skin that they drop. Grooooooss.
Endermaaaaaaan- It actually works with the style, despite being stolen from the idea of Slenderman.
Brightness and changes in how the game is rendered- you can see stuff! Lighting (torches) is pretty interesting.
Underwater caverns, ravines, genuine deepness, raising the cloud level in the sky

The needing improvements:
Multiplayer servers are pretty glitchy in this pre-release... hopefully it'll be better when it's released
Lack of NPC mobs, but the villages and other structures are created
Spawning in water? It seems to always make spawn in the water, both solo and multi
Giant holes that you can easily fall down in if you aren't paying attention- a bit shocking at times
The experience bar is there as well as the hunger meter, but the experience bar doesn't do anything at the moment.

That's all I was able to try, didn't get a chance to try out such things as minecarts, or find a swamp. (I heard swamps were pretty cool!)

To players wanting to play the server, i'd advice you to backup tou minecraft.jac in (windows) .minecraft -folder to the 1.7.3 state.
Thats because someone (dunno who anymore) stated that the terrain editor is gonna change in 1.8 and 1.9. And we are going to see if the new terrain editors don't fuckup with your creations.

more info soon ish. :D

So after viewing many posts on reddit about how annoying Enderman are I think it makes sense to branch out into two servers. The reason being, does anyone who's put hours into creations really want to run around repairing missing blocks from their buildings?
I imagine at some point there will be a fix (just like the creepers) for this. But at what point does it stop making sense to be neutering all these monsters? A better idea would be to branch into two servers, one server (the current one) would be a build server set on the peaceful (so people don't have to worry about putting a billion torches on stuff they make.) This server would see updates into new versions after everything is stable. The other server would be a survival server that is reset after after update. With the addition of bosses and NPC villages I imagine this game would be closely resemble an RPG, so the point of having custom built stuff doesn't really improve their game experience that much. While I understand it's difficult to have two servers (and potentially split the userbase up) I think this solution makes the most sense. The people that want to build are given a stable place to do so, and the people that want to explore, kill stuff and experience the new features in the survival server.

Last edited:
i think cdbob has a point there, peacefull server for building stuff and the other server with the enderman killing all players.
should the new server be whitelisted or normal?

I don't see a point in whitelisting the non build server (there's not that much to lose vs. the build server.) That way you could have a standard server with lots of user and a build server for people who been here longer/ are trustworthy. It also eliminates the problem in risking the build server. One further option is the take the build server and copy paste it into the survival server every time it's reset.