News: 1-series owners 'think it's FWD'

:D :D :D

Well the engine is in the front, no? Must be FWD.
As well, the small engines are almost undriftable with ESP on, so I guess that is adding to the perception too. I recommend every 1 series driver to completely switch of DTC, enter a corner at high speed, sharply turn in and lift. Then step on the throttle again and when you notice you can't catch it: You know for the next one it's RWD.

This also reminds me on an article I read about a year ago, Apparently at one point 80% of Saturn owners never knew they were driving a GM product.

This is also why most towing companies will flat bed all automatics.

You don't even need to look underneath it, just look into the passenger area. There is a big tunnely thingy? Good chance it's an RWD.

Most US market cars have a 'big tunnelly thingy' - especially the FWD ones; turns out that even if you don't have a transmission and driveshaft to stick in there, you still can use it to run fuel and brake lines, not to mention the 6cm thick wiring bundle. Not a good indicator unless you're looking at the tiniest and cheapest econofailboxen.

If you think a 1series is FWD then you shouldnt be driving a BMW...

If they don't even know what end propels the car, what makes you think they're going to maintain them properly???

shut up, they'll be great second hand cars ;)

Yes agreed, but why dont those ppl just buy a Merc A class or a Golf ?

If they don't even know what end propels the car, what makes you think they're going to maintain them properly???

if they don't know what end propels the car, they probably never abused it...

and girls tend to clean and vaccuum a lot :D