10 sportscars for under 10k? : which would you pick?

I'd take the BMW 850.

idk how much that is but im sure a C5 could be had for that :p
Nope, the cheapest C5 Corvettes are starting around the ?15-16K mark, and those are high mileage automatic cars. You could get a crash damaged one for downwards ?10K though...

power problems? recalls? I never heard of these problems
if they rebuild the engine for free,why wont people take advantage of it

some countries have insane tax that doubles the price, but it's not the same everywhere. I think it's Denmark that has insane taxes

where I am the taxes are high, but not that high. Car manufacturers do change their prices from country to country though

The "fiasco" didn't exist in Europe, my guess is because of a later launch. When the rx8 was released in the US it had "250hp" when no one could achieve dyno numbers to confirm no more than perhaps 220hp. Mazda eventually lowered the HP rating to 238.

There is a optional recall as well offering a free engine rebuild if the car shows signs of the problem, so far no reports of it being taken advantage of, but any kind of recall that mentions "engine rebuild" doesn't help sell cars.

It's biggest issue really is that it's a family-ish car with very little torque, burns a decent amount of oil, gets the fuel economy of a 2 ton Ford pick-up from the 70's with an out of adjustment carb, and gets about as much power us most turbo fours (without the torque to make it feel faster).

It has a lot in common with a 1984 Chevy Camaro z/28. Bad fuel economy and worse power.

I'd go for the SLK, simply because it's last proper sports-Merc shows I'm ready to come out of the closet.

It's about damn time! :p

#1 does not appear in my country.

#2 is a Volkswagen.

#3 looks promising.

#4 is for women or for a mid-life crisis

#5 is for women

#6 I don't like convertibles

#7 would be my pick.

#8 I've no idea what this is

#9 would be my second pick, but god no yellow

#10 I would prefer a real MR-2

I'd go for the MG, but I'm biased. I love the TF and would buy it in a heartbeat. Though I'm also a fan of the RWD ZT so take that as you will.

10k to buy it, then 10k in repairs for every year you own it :p

sorry for the bump

thats 10K i would happily spend with a smile on my face and joy in my heart if only i could get one in the states

Out of all those their is only one bad car, the TT, how could you have missed that! they've only mentioned how boring it is on TopGear like 13 times.

Anyways if i had to buy one of those cars to live with it would be the SVX, i honestly can't think of a car i would want to Marry more, yet if it was more like a hot bubbly-bath, super memorable one night stand with a pint-sized cutey, then i would have to with the MR2 or the Miata. Main thing to keep in mind with the MR2 is that it sort of wants to drive in its own crazy ass way, if you like the way it drives then the Miata is pointless, but if you even think you might disagree with its handling then just get the freaking Miata. The Miata is the submissive bitch who does what you want to do, and if you like that sort of complacency in a relationship then their is almost nothing better. The ancient romans would have gone mad for Miatas.

I think the 300ZX is more of the starship enterprise of all those cars, with the problem being that using warp-drive will get you sent straight to prison.

Last edited:
I appear to have brought this thread back from the dead!

Another vote for 8 :D

I just love the E31 8-Series, so id buy one in a heartbeat. Maybe i will some day...

I just love the E31 8-Series, so id buy one in a heartbeat. Maybe i will some day...

Doesn't everyone dream that? And then swap in a M5 V10 :drool: