• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

100 Greatest Cars (90-81)

Overheat

Forum Addict
The List continues...

90. Mercedes Benz 540K roadster
The K stands for Kompressor, or supercharger in English, which gave the 540K staggering performance for the time - it could hit nearly 110mph, no mean feat in the 1930s.

76-mercedes-540k-roadster.jpg

89. Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Unusual car, unusual looks, and unusual performance - the Cayenne is the fastest and most capable off-roader you can buy.

91-porsche-cayenne-turbo.jpg

88. Alfa Romeo 8C
One of the fastest and most advanced pre-war cars, the twin-supercharger Alfa Romeo 8C won Le Mans, and these days, they sell for ?millions.

04-alfa-romeo-8c.jpg

87. Renault Espace
Not strictly speaking the world's first MPV, but it set interior space and versatility standards and brought the minivan genre to Europe.

93-renault-espace.jpg

86. Saab 92
Saabs 90 and 91 were actually aircraft, but the 92 was effectively the Swedish Volkswagen Beetle - although it was actually rather more advanced.

103-saab-92.jpg

85. Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic
This still looks sensational now - can you imagine what kind of reaction it created in 1936? It was also extremely quick and beautifully-built. Today, they're virtually priceless.

22-bugatti-type-57-atlantic.jpg

84. NSU Ro80
The Ro80 was hugely advanced, but its rotary engine proved so unreliable that it broke the company. Shame: its technological achievements deserved more of a future.

84-nsu-ro80.jpg

83. Mercedes S-Class
Every time Mercedes develops a new S-Class, it sets out to produce the best car in the world. And usually it gets - at the very least - very close.

73-mercedes-s-class.jpg

82. Reliant Robin
The 'plastic pig' might be the butt of many jokes, but its relatively efficient engine and composite bodywork seems to have won it a few fans here. That or its TV stardom.

97-reliant-robin.jpg

81. Honda Civic
The own-brand white bread of the motoring world. Seven generations, 30-odd years and several million units sold make it one of the biggest model names in motoring history.

48-honda-civic.jpg

bihus said:
The Bugatti is gorgeous :drool:

Agreed. :)

I love the Cayenne, when you see on on the roads, they look so awesome and so kool. The Civic is an unexpected choice, but I can see how it got onto the list, and thinking about it some more, it diserves that spot.

Dark_Templer_102 said:
S class is ONLY 83?!?!....aww man

It's gotta have some bad choices. You can argue with the placement of the S-Class, even more when that trike is one place higher, but I guess it had a bigger place in British motoring than the S-Class.

Well, some of them are pretty good, but they should start getting a lot better. I'd love to have that Mercedes Benz 540K roadster.

I think the Civic would have been placed higher if it wasn't for the giant amount of people who feel they should over-rice the things.

Yeah I'm biased, but I'd definitely rock the Saab 92. Saab's very first model with that crackling two-stroke engine sound and unusual aircraft-inspired design that's ahead of its time. Nice.

The Ralph Loren Car collection is on Display at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts inlcuding a Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic god was it gorgeous... when i go back in a few weeks i will get pictures

TF

This still looks sensational now - can you imagine what kind of reaction it created in 1936? It was also extremely quick and beautifully-built. Today, they're virtually priceless.
Um...it IS priceless. Ralph Lauren would never sell his, and the only other original 57 Atlantics will also never be sold.

There are only THREE OF THEM. Three were built, three remain. One was completely redone after an accident of some sort and resides in America, along with Lauren's. The other lives in France.

Dr. Woo said:
Um...it IS priceless. Ralph Lauren would never sell his, and the only other original 57 Atlantics will also never be sold.

There are only THREE OF THEM. Three were built, three remain. One was completely redone after an accident of some sort and resides in America, along with Lauren's. The other lives in France.

I missed some of your knowledge... You have been more away than usual. Thanks for sharing it. ;)