Ownership Verified: 1000lbs. Lighter! 1987 Mercury Colony Park

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
But I like the Michael Winslow noise!
1614700779293.jpeg

I should've gone gear reduction since I bought mine.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
But I like the Michael Winslow noise!

I watched Michael Winslow's standup from the first row a couple years back. I met one of my childhood heroes and he didn't disappoint. :D

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
'12 Fiat 500, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Oh, just in time for spring, the rear brake line for the passenger brake drum has done something. NEW STEEL and the pedal sunk to the floor as I was going to take hank for a ride tonight...

Noticed fluid leaking, said fuck it, parked it, and I'll take a look when I'm in a better mood tomorrow.

Last edited:

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
Glad it was a quick fix!
I couldn't be any more angry if I tried. 2 panic stops later to avoid hitting someone blowing traffic lights and it's leaking again. I know what it is now. An amateur flare press causing it to not seal right, not just "oh it isn't tight enough." I hate laying underneath so much and that's what I have to do yet again. I hate jack stands because the car never sits right in them so I'm worried it will fall on me.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
A week ago I pulled off the brake hose from the wheel cylinder where the leak was happening and I found nothing. The flared end looked fine, the fitting was tight, yet it leaked. I cut off the end, re-flared it, bled the brakes, and we'll see for now. We're back to a squishy pedal again which of course there's air in the line. I tried my vacuum pump for self bleeding but that didn't seem to help.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
I think I put a little over 100mi on it today. Drove to a weird car museum that is the private collection of some wealthy real estate guy, Klairmont Kollections.

The focus was mostly Rolls Royce, Cadillac, and some other typical boomer stuff. The funny thing was there was some workers doing some video promo for a race car and before they finished they were asking people and went into a room I was in and said "WHO OWNS THE STATION WAGON OUTSIDE?" I told him, and the guy goes "that thing is damn cool."

It was nice, all the way down and back I was getting thumbs up, phone cameras and such aimed at the car. :)