Someone Else's Problem: 1000lbs. Lighter! 1987 Mercury Colony Park

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
This is the luxury sport version of Dr. Grip's. :cool:

Engineered, for what exactly?

It's been a year or so one in the making, as soon as I saw my friends father's wagon, I knew I had to have it. A few months ago, he bought a new truck and put this one up for sale.

Power seats, locks, windows. It has keyless entry and remote start. Converted A/C works. There's a couple things that do need attention, first, the pipe exiting the muffler recently fell apart from crappy welds by PO's before my friends so, I can't have the rear window rolled down unless I want to get high. The lower intake manifold gaskets need to be changed, it has the usual Ford 302 intake leaks. The brakes need to be re-bled. It stops fine but, it doesn't have the Signature Ford Tow Touch Stop brake feel that I'm used to. I also need to figure out the fuel tank charcoal breather system as its been plugged because the charcoal canister failed. Other than that, it's flawless to me. :)

Last edited:
Nice!

Brush off any loose rust and paint some protection over the entire underside... :unsure: I like it as is. Unless you know of a place for where I can get new weather stripping for the rear window. It seals well enough until you hit the back window with a hose.

I guess what would be a really good improvement is coil overs all around. The dad wanted better rear end support and a soft ride up front. So, stock set up in the front and coil overs in the back. It's almost race worthy. :D

Last edited:
Gonna need a burnout video :D

It has a 3.55 LSD so that might be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

What I think is really funny about this car is the side mirror placement. It's set up for the smoker vents but, it doesn't have any.

Last edited:
But now! Great looking wagon. Congrats!

Since we already have one Lucile, this will be Wilma. :p

Does that mean they were finishing their build on the road? "Whooo-wie, just lost daaaang'ol bump-rod! -Shoo, weguddado-somthn'bout deat!"

Must be a nice haywagon they built thurr.

Grats with teh thing :cool:

That's not wood, that's w'euu~'d

Last edited:
Nice! Is this a Fox Body?

EDIT: Ah, Panther platform. Great as well.

Last edited:
Some figures vs. Lucille
Length: 5.53m vs. 5.56m
Width: 2.01m vs. 2.01m
Curb weight 1803kg vs. 2078kg
Displacement: 302ci vs. 400ci
Power: 162hp vs. 220hp
Torque: 380nm vs. 450nm

:cool:

Now all you need is the hos!

It was closed when I went there. The moose outside told me.

- - - Updated - - -

Displacement: 302ci vs. 400ci
Power: 162hp vs. 220hp
Torque: 380nm vs. 450nm

I knew the power output was low but, damn. I need to fix that.

I'm going through cleaning the windows and what do i find?

Your kids can smoke while you smoke!

You mean you didn't think that there were too few ashtrays before you found these?