[10x00] July 25th, 2007 [Polar Special]

Quoted from Maximander (Our other server admin who can't be bothered to register here):
The un-identified track 8 and 9 (22:08 - 22:53) from summer special is lisa gerrard... the aria from layer cake.
Can't match it perfectly due to noise and the cut vocals, but her song's are often reworked for movies.

Thanks for posting that. It is not from Layer Cake, but it very well could be Lisa Gerrard's voice in the background of the song. I'll check some of her recent stuff.

Last edited:
Okay, found it!...as well as another song from the episode.
It's from her new album "The Silver Tree".

ADDED:
22:08 - 22:53 - Lisa Gerrard - Towards the Tower
24:03 - 24:28 - Lisa Gerrard - Towards the Tower
25:39 - 26:01 - Lisa Gerrard - Shadow Hunter

What's that song used in the DanceX advert at the beginning of the rip?

Does anyone know the sound from the truck's horn at 16:09 - 16:11??

I'll bite. Can't help much tho. It's the same horn sound they use on the car in "The Dukes Of Hazard". Not sure the actual tune name, "Whistling Dixie" or something like that ? Was it the Confederate Army's marching tune in the American Civil War ? Maybe it's older than that. Not sure.

Edit: Yeah that's the one. Wikipedia Article about the song and with better info (Linky)

I'll bite. Can't help much tho. It's the same horn sound they use on the car in "The Dukes Of Hazard". Not sure the actual tune name, "Whistling Dixie" or something like that ? Was it the Confederate Army's marching tune in the American Civil War ? Maybe it's older than that. Not sure.

Edit: Yeah that's the one. Wikipedia Article about the song and with better info (Linky)

Thanks for the info mate. However, do you know where i can download the sound clip? i can't seem to find it.

These two are the same I think. Definitly the music from the film "The Thing"

Soundtrack on Amazon (Linky) is by Ennio Morricone which surprised me as it sounds nothing like his other stuff I have. Even bigger surprise that it's almost 65 dollers !! Quite rare these days.

Not sure which track they are yet. Don't have enough time to go through them at the mo.

You're correct, it's track 1 - Humanity (Part I).

Was soooooo glad to see this track here. It seems so fitting that they used Morricone's work on "The Thing" given the setting of this episode. I've had the CD since the mid 90's, didn't know it was a rarity. BTW if you get the "Special Edition" DVD of "The Thing", one of the alternate audio tracks is the complete isolated score in the same track order as the cd. Just play it in your PC and capture the audio into .wav's using your favorite audio proggie and then burn a CD, volia !!! OST to "The Thing"

"The Thing"

I like the film "The Thing". One of my favourites. Recognised the tune the moment it appeared on this episode. Thought at the time "Ugh. Music from The Thing. Nice selection Mr Top Gear music man! Top work!!". But then he does some excellent music tracks for Top Gear episodes. I love it. Hope he continues to do what he's good at.

Yeah, Mr. Morricone did The Thing music, but I've only got his stuff he did for the spagetti westerns, so this threw me a little when I realised he did it. Afterwards I had a search for other stuff he did and he's done absolutly shit-loads of stuff spanning decades. The guy's a trooper, and all over the place.

As for rarity, I'm assuming it's rare cos I looked for it on Amazon UK and it wasn't available. Only found it on the US site with a link from IMDB and that was the LP version (vinal). Just re-checked for sanity and found it hidden away. CD available on Amazon UK for 60 quid !!! That's rare in my book :) Will try the DVD thing you mentioned. Didn't know about that. Cheers for the heads-up.

Catch you later,

McHaggis

Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place

Such an awesome soundtrack. In full length its 10 minutes. Very nice and calming electronica.

where do u guys usually get these songs from...a lot of them are extremly difficult to find and limewire has gone all to hell of late.

i was wondering if anyone knows the name of the song on the menu of disc one of the season ten dvd? i know it was labeled, but i lost the disc and i have no idea how to get it without it.

i was wondering if anyone knows the name of the song on the menu of disc one of the season ten dvd? i know it was labeled, but i lost the disc and i have no idea how to get it without it.

There is a season 10 DVD? That is news to me. I assume you are talking about a bootleg disc you have?

my fault, i meant season 9. that is, if there is a season 9 DVD

Last edited:
Ah, ok. I have a bootleg of season 9, but I think you are referring to the dvd: "Top Gear: Challenges" - I haven't seen it yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Gear-Challenges-Jeremy-Clarkson/dp/B000O78AQU

i don't know man, i think i've got (or had) what you're talking about. it was .iso format off of bittorrent, it came as three parts, each part had it's own menu. the second disc/file had a bloc party remix off of silent alarm that i knew, i can't remember the third one but i think i knew that one too. any of this sound familiar? it was an awesome song and it's killing me that i don't know it. i've tried to find it the same files but no luck through torrents.to.