[10x01] October 7th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the challenge-heavy series 9 was a result of losing time to do proper reviews due to Hammond's accident. If that's the case what you saw in series 9 should not be what you will find in series 10.

That said, there will be more challenges than series 8 and prior. The reason being ratings. If TG retains its high ratings then there's less reason for the BBC to cut it and more reason to keep it going. It's a necessary evil.

For those who say watch Fifth Gear if you want proper car reviews I say rubbish. Fifth Gear reviews simply don't carry the personality that reviews (proper reviews) on Top Gear have. I don't want numbers, I'm not German. I want to know what it feels like. I want to know if a given car is as fun to drive as it looks. JC an company (yes, even May) do a very good job at that.

Take the Micra for example. Do you think Fifth Gear would have ended it prematurely because of how.. well how awful it looks? No, they're carry on with engine size, mpg, NCAP ratings and tell you that it's a quaint little car.

So don't feed anyone that "go watch Fifth Gear" line. It's simply rubbish.

You are absolutely correct. :thumbup:

No, it's almost certainly a Carrera of some sort. The Green one with the lightweights is an RS, but the one seen in the shot with the R8 is definately not.

Nop. The GT3 RS doesnt come in grey. Im guessing its either a Carrera S or a Carrera 4 S.

^ Indeed.

Oh... He was talking about the one doing the powerslide on the track (against the Audi R8 ).
I thought he was talking about the lightweight supercar challenge.:?

And it's probably a C4S because they're (Audi, 911) both AWD. Looks like Top Gear is copying Fifth Gear for once. :eek:

And It's not a Turbo because it has no air vents.

Last edited:
I went to the filming today and all I'm going to tell you is that there was indeed a car review(not a nerdy fifth gear type one, a proper one), the lightwieght supercars film was awesome and there was some general cocking around.
The series will be good. You can depend on it.
Don't complain about something you've not even seen

I mean who really needs to know the specs and data about a cars that are over $100,000 that very few people will actually be able to buy.
Uh, I do. Just like any other true petrol/gear head.

I honestly predict series 10 will be better then 7, quote me on that, it looks to be excellent.

HD?

HD?

Is season 10 going to be aired/ripped in 1080p and 720p HD like the Polar Special? Or are we back to SD (shitty definition)?

Last edited:
I went to the filming today and all I'm going to tell you is that there was indeed a car review(not a nerdy fifth gear type one, a proper one), the lightwieght supercars film was awesome and there was some general cocking around.
The series will be good. You can depend on it.
Don't complain about something you've not even seen
Good to hear!!:thumbsup:

It's always good to hear good news from people who actually went to the filming. :D

I really look forward to see the Ferrari 430 Scuderia lap the course with Stig, might even do a top three laptime, seriously, it's faster round Fiorana than the Enzo - as statet in this test vid: (and cost half)[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=s8rBPwS3cNk&feature=bz301[/YOUTUBE]

haz

By the looks of it, were in for great reviews, thanks for the vid

I found this video preview on TopGear.com
WARNING SPOILER! but its only a 23 second spoiler
Click here to view!

edit: DAM GOT BEATEN TO IT! lol

Last edited:
Is season 10 going to be aired/ripped in 1080p and 720p HD like the Polar Special? Or are we back to SD (shitty definition)?

Not all of use have computers to handle something like a 1080 rip. The ones who do torrent episodes do it so everyone can view.

Also, I think you should be a little more thankful that either River or VUK (especially VUK!) rips them for the benefit of all. The whole process probably takes two hours of someones time, more so for a 1080 rip. Then they throw it on the net to make no money, but probably contented that rabid fans like yourself are able to view it.

Really, until you pay the tax that people in UK pay to view Top Gear, you may want to reserve your opinions, please.

The Sunday listing for the BBC HD channel does not show Top Gear anywhere. The BBC program planners seem to think an HD version of Antiques Roadshow is a better use of the timeslot :wall:

I don't have an HD TV, but even I can't understand this. What is a better use of their HD cameras? One of their biggest primetime shows that captures the highest ratings in it's timeslot, or a dusty old program about a bunch of dusty old codgers taking their dusty old crap to get valued?

I agree, its much nicer sitting on a couch watching Jezza, Hammond, and May with their antics on an HDTV, not hunkered in an office chair watching it on my monitor! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.