[10x01] October 7th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just remember this:

"This is a car program, there we be no cushions, there will be no ragrolling. No one with sing and at the end of the series, no one will have a recording contract. This is our new base, and this is our purpose-built test track. There are no traffic jams here -- well, apart from this one and there are no bus lanes either. This...is Top Gear."

im sorry champ but that was series one, 2002 (or 2003?)

9 series ago.... i know we brits dont like change lol, but it has to be done. people associated with TG and the show (such as columnists in TG Mag) have said a few times now that TG is now an entertainment show about cars, not a car show that just happened to be entertaining.

get used to it

or just dont watch

you havent been hard done by if they make something you dont like....you probably torrented it anyway.

Funny how many people who have to really try hard to see the show are the most critical of the morphing into more of entertainment format. ... I find it strange - oh and they usually do not pay for it in any way. ...

Basically - don't like = don't watch.

Any way I am hoping that Audi put that V10 in the R8, I would love it if that was the motor that Stiggy gets his teeth into, don't expect it so to be?

i've noticed that too, though this board is heavily populated with americans so its bound to look that way. i personally dont know a single person (not on here btw) that doesnt like what TG is doing right now. infact they all seem to like it alot more...especially the girls.

watching tg is so much better when its not a sausage fest.

heh the best thing is, due to JC's obvious distaste for americans all the people moaning about TG here (who are mostly americans) will be roundly ignored, thats if they (wilman/jc) even read this place, and if they did i can see JC making sure he does exactly what you dislike just to annoy you because he likes to get a rise out of people. they dont make the show for you.... they look after number 1 ;) ie us brits, and if we like it...thats all that matters.

Last edited:
Agreed. TG to me still remains to be one of the greatest shows on TV worldwide today. Can't wait till series 10!

Yes, there is a few things they could/would/might/shouldnt change. This is the same with every show. Bitching about it won't change anything :) ESPECIALLY all of you americans - Whom (most of you) have nothing to do with your lives other than bitch and whine about things.

Deal with it and move on. If you still don't like it after that, watch fifth gear.

I like it when TG fanboys get offended. Awww.

I was wondering do you think they will do another special this series like when they did the "American special" last series when Richard and Jeremy did the African MPH. If they did do you think it could be their road trip to Botswana? The reason I was thinking this was they are going to be really pushed for time in Nov when its the UK MPH.

I think one of the main reasons for the challenges might be due to the lack of new supercars, or fast ones for that matter in recent months. Personally I enjoy the show with and without the challenges. The main thing that draws me to the show it the cast interaction and the blending of both cars and humor.

Like most of you, i cant wait for the new season to begin.

Pretty sure the reason is because then they appeal to more than just us car nuts. i remember an article Jeremywrote addressing the issue saying something along the lines of now your wiffe wont be mad at sunday dinner because she'll be watchin it with you or SOMETHING of that sort

I was wondering do you think they will do another special this series like when they did the "American special" last series when Richard and Jeremy did the African MPH.
If they did do you think it could be their road trip to Botswana?
The reason I was thinking this was they are going to be really pushed for time in Nov when its the UK MPH.

no potential spoilers, please

and doesn't the polar special count?

Last edited:
My point was they did a special in S9 because they were away doing the MPH show and as their UK one is in November I was just wondering wether or not they would have time to do a recording that week at Dunsfold.

Also for anyone who hasn't seen it Applause store now has the first three dates up for tickets.

Helen Mirren

Helen Mirren

Funny that noone has commented on Helen Mirren so far;

To qoute Jeff from Coupling:
She's just so naked, isn't she? It's like she's just got to get her clothes off. It's like her breasts are afraid of the dark. When a Helen Mirren film comes on the telly that's like a guarantee. Her name says: OK, boys, you better watch this one with the curtains shut!

To prove my point: Helen and her sexy gloves :p

I'm fine with the challenges, some of them are great! I just really do miss the car reviews. The worst thing about it is that nobody does car reviews like the Topgear trio, so its actually pretty painful to see a show that somehow made car reviews super interesting into yet another gimmick show. Its like telling Mozart he has to do pyrotechnics because it gets him more attention then his music usually would.

I think everybody making TopGear knows this, i just hope they continue to occasionally make a episode choke full of actual reviews, or at least relevant challenges.

I was wondering do you think they will do another special this series like when they did the "American special" last series when Richard and Jeremy did the African MPH. If they did do you think it could be their road trip to Botswana? The reason I was thinking this was they are going to be really pushed for time in Nov when its the UK MPH.

Assuming the 24 hours at Silverstone is apart of this season then i would think so!

Last edited:
Do you guys think the races fall under challenges or reviews? I mean Jeremy pretty much reviewed the Veyron when he raced Hammond and May in the plane.

You know whats disappointing? Bugatti didn't let the stig take the Veyron on the track but Tiff from Fifth Gear got to go into their factory and take it out on the track. Also, because it took so long for TopGear to come back, they'll be so behind on airing the episode when the drive the new m3 or s5.

I just found this in the "Radio Times"

before you read any further there might be a bit of a spoiler

Top GearSunday 07 October
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2
Motoring magazine show with Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. In the first of a new series. Jeremy, Richard and James drive three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the best roads. Plus Jeremy finds out what happens when you put a Bentley engine into a VW Golf, and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car

Last edited:
Oh hell yes thats more like it!!!! So Jeremy is driving the W12 Golf, road trip over Europe's best roads (Stelvio Pass and Col du Turini!! among a million others) plus a cool challenge. Hopefully the balance is back!!!

Glad to know a lot of people bitching a lot about TG.
Makes me more interested on waiting for the new series.

Keep bitching about it guys, perhaps when they read about it, they will note and consider any useful comments.
And make it even better.

I just found this in the "Radio Times"

before you read any further there might be a bit of a spoiler

Top GearSunday 07 October
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2
Motoring magazine show with Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. In the first of a new series. Jeremy, Richard and James drive three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the best roads. Plus Jeremy finds out what happens when you put a Bentley engine into a VW Golf, and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car

Thats more like it!!!!

So thats the Gallardo Superleggera, GT3 RS and the AM V8 racer thingy?

EDIT: What we want is a new series 7 but just with 10 episodes instead. :D

Last edited:
The show's brilliant and I really don't mind if its set up to the masses more then us now. But one thing I really miss are the reviews, I personally loved all those reviews and they were the best part of Top Gear to me, and by the sounds of it with 10 episodes they should have enough time.

Any word if it will be in HD?

Last edited:
That's amazing if they can fit everything in one show! Lightweight supercars, Audi R8, W12 Golf and the amphibious challence 2. 8)

Hopefully they set lap times with the lightweight cars, I'd like to see how much faster the Superleggera is compared to a normal Gallardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.