[10x01] October 7th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi R8 doing a power lap should be interesting to watch, but dont expect it to be a supercar slayer tho. It should set a slightly faster time than the old Gallardo's laptime.

btw, cdbob, is that the Mclaren F1's gearing ratio in your sig??

I just found this in the "Radio Times"

before you read any further there might be a bit of a spoiler

Top GearSunday 07 October
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2
Motoring magazine show with Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. In the first of a new series. Jeremy, Richard and James drive three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the best roads. Plus Jeremy finds out what happens when you put a Bentley engine into a VW Golf, and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car

So which episode is it that their playing on the 7th then :blink:

The show's brilliant and I really don't mind if its set up to the masses more then us now. But one thing I really miss are the reviews, I personally loved all those reviews and they were the best part of Top Gear to me

welcome to the club :p

Last edited:
Audi R8 doing a power lap should be interesting to watch, but dont expect it to be a supercar slayer tho. It should set a slightly faster time than the old Gallardo's laptime.

btw, cdbob, is that the Mclaren F1's gearing ratio in your sig??

No it's the gear ratios of the CCX, I believe the McLaren's are quite similer.

I love the challenges, I think they make the show more watchable. If it was just car testing it would be boring, I mean who really needs to know the specs and data about a cars that are over $100,000 that very few people will actually be able to buy. The cool thing about top gear is that anyone can watch it, you don't have to be a gear head to enjoy it. Thats just my opinion, I mean I love cars but I couldn't sit through an hour of just car reviews.

I love the challenges, I think they make the show more watchable. If it was just car testing it would be boring, I mean who really needs to know the specs and data about a cars that are over $100,000 that very few people will actually be able to buy. The cool thing about top gear is that anyone can watch it, you don't have to be a gear head to enjoy it. Thats just my opinion, I mean I love cars but I couldn't sit through an hour of just car reviews.

Well put.

What the car enthusiasts are worried about (Top Gear fan does not equal automotive fan) is that the show does not utilize its massive viewership to educate the masses about proper automotive enthusia through entertaining AND informative car reviews.

And the fact that Jeremy Clarkson must decide between spewing entertaining hyperboles and mind-numbing preachery is another hot debate. Those who know better knows not to take Clarkson's words as that of a seasoned journalist/reviewer; but many do take his words to heart and believe that American cars are simply rubbish.

yep, i totally agree. i watch top gear because the boys make it fun and personable when talking about cars or each other. the camera shots they do on the cars blow me away and i've learnt some things (i think) too. there needs to be a balance between cocking about and reviews, not an hour of one or the other.

im sorry champ but that was series one, 2002 (or 2003?)

9 series ago.... i know we brits dont like change lol, but it has to be done. people associated with TG and the show (such as columnists in TG Mag) have said a few times now that TG is now an entertainment show about cars, not a car show that just happened to be entertaining.

get used to it

or just dont watch

you havent been hard done by if they make something you dont like....you probably torrented it anyway.

How the hell am I supposed to magically pay for Top Gear, I live in America the only way I CAN see it is by downloading it. I know you probably like to think you have a good argument but sweet mercy is it horrible. The only reason you payed for it is you have to pay a TV Fee to get the BBC, well guess what its kindof impssoible for me to pay the British government for TV.

Im looking forward to this season and I have hope, but my gut feeling is that its going to suck and turn out like last season.

Last edited:
I think we can discard the original episode listing for this week and focus on the new one. Please refer to first post in thread.

//silly BBC <_<

Damn another amphibious car challenge? They've ran out of idea don't they but anyhow, I am looking forward to J.C bantering with Hamster and May...

Should be cool as all TG series are. So what's the 3 lightweight supercars?? BTW, I am missing dearly on the TG race across Europe with exotics.....

I think the 3 lightweight supercars could be: Jeremy in a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Richard in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS and James in the Aston V8 Vantage lightwight one (can't remember the name). I hope this is gonna be an awesome episode and an even awesomer:p season.

has anyone seen any ads about? last series had a trailer at least a week before the opening, and its a big season, so its a little odd to leave it so late

Here's the link to the trailer

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3iAk2XmnVY[/YOUTUBE]

//edit by SL65 - added youtube tags

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 7 Days now!
and are you lot still going on about how you hate the challenges? I love them, if you want car reviews now, then you will have to get some Fifth Gear.
Bring on the challenges!

I think the 3 lightweight supercars could be: Jeremy in a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Richard in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS and James in the Aston V8 Vantage lightwight one (can't remember the name). I hope this is gonna be an awesome episode and an even awesomer:p season.

They have already done a similar piece for the magazine a few months ago and thats the way that they had them, it'll be interesting to see if any of their opinions have changed.

Can't wait for the episode, and look everyone, car reviews :p

Although I'm looking forward to the lightweight supercar 3-way battle, I'm kinda disappointed that they have chosen the AMV8 N24 over the Ferrari F430 CS (or Scuderia) .

I have just had a call from applause and got tickets for the show.

You are now officially the luckiest person on this forum. 8)
How long ago did you apply for tickets? it would be interesting to see how long the wait for tickets is these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.